Civil War
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Civil War

Civil War

We are being ignored, lied to, and stolen from by this administration and Congress. IMHO, we no longer have "representation". If we do not clean house in 2010 and 2012 and put REAL AMERICANS in Congress, we can expect a completely tyrannical government with no impediments to its ability to tell us how to live and to punish us if we don't adhere to its mandates. At that point, I'm thinking we're looking at civil war. We the People need to be prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    We are being ignored, lied to, and stolen from by this administration and Congress. IMHO, we no longer have "representation". If we do not clean house in 2010 and 2012 and put REAL AMERICANS in Congress, we can expect a completely tyrannical government with no impediments to its ability to tell us how to live and to punish us if we don't adhere to its mandates. At that point, I'm thinking we're looking at civil war. We the People need to be prepared.
    I hope you are wrong but If it comes to that I will be ready.

As ready as a 52 year old can be.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Agreed... It's going to get worse. Then at some point the table will begin to turn and perhaps a harkening to the wisdom of our founding fathers by those who listen and hear. Gonna have to hold on for this ride…
    hear•ken also har•ken här k n)
    v. hear•kened also har•kened, hear•ken•ing also har•ken•ing, hear•kens also har•kens
    v.intr.
    To listen attentively; give heed.
    v.tr. Archaic
    To listen to; hear. to hear with intention;
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by MADnMO View Post
    I hope you are wrong but If it comes to that I will be ready.

As ready as a 52 year old can be.
    I think the Resistance, if it comes to that, will consist, in a big way, of us old-timers. And that's ok by me: we're grouchy and trained and have accumulated a lifetime of watching this crap come down.

I think the Resistance, if it comes to that, will consist, in a big way, of us old-timers. And that's ok by me: we're grouchy and trained and have accumulated a lifetime of watching this crap come down.

I think if something happens, the numbers of younger folks will surprise many people, everyone I associate with (mostly 25-35 y .o.) is of a similar frame of mind as most of us.

7. Unhappy

Time to get myself put on another list, I guess. I think the true point of no return will come if they pass the healthcare bill, after that, it is just a matter of time before the intolerable becomes self defense.

Then they will learn the military swore to uphold the Constitution, and we will only take so much. Sad days, I pray we can pull back.
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by benjammin View Post
    I think if something happens, the numbers of younger folks will surprise many people, everyone I associate with (mostly 25-35 y .o.) is of a similar frame of mind as most of us.
    That's good to know!

Quote Originally Posted by benjammin View Post
    +1 to that. everyone I hang out with is sick and tired too.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

10. and now they are courtmartialing Navy SEALs for capturing terrorist.

Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist - Iraq | War | Map - FOXNews.com

The republic is doomed, her defenders are scorned by the power elite, and her citizens are held in contempt. The only question is what happens next? How do we organize when it hits the fan (it is going to) and how do we keep the power mongers from dividing us up and making us serfs, how do we restore that which we love so much.
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

11. Changing

It makes me sad to see our America that we grew up in turned completly upside down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast