Are you on a watchlist? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Are you on a watchlist?

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Say, TnRebel, is this a poster or sticker I can buy somewhere? I figure might as well stand up and be counted now, it's coming to that soon enough. I do have NRA stickers on my truck, but I LIKE this one a ton.
    +1 to everything he said!

Reap the Vision...
    ...Mike

OK if we are on some list. Look at who you are on this list with. A bunch of dirty law abiding citizens that more than likely are pretty darn honest too and we know that because we have all passed their background tests.

Can you imagine how ugly the heart and deep routed the evil of people that would put a list like this together. These are the people to be watch.

If I did not find comfort in knowing that God is watching them, then I guess I would have to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSlick View Post
    Care to expand a little on this? Just curious about what they wanted to know.
    I am the MIS director at a Technical College and someone used one of our servers to try and access some government agency. The FBI traced the IP address of the server down and contacted me trying to find who was doing it. I let them analyze the server and they finally decided someone had hacked into it from outside. They brought it back and it now being monitored. I had to assure them that no one at the college was capable of trying to hack into Roswell files or whatever they were trying to access.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTwins View Post
    OK if we are on some list. Look at who you are on this list with. A bunch of dirty law abiding citizens that more than likely are pretty darn honest too and we know that because we have all passed their background tests.

Can you imagine how ugly the heart and deep routed the evil of people that would put a list like this together. These are the people to be watch.

If I did not find comfort in knowing that God is watching them, then I guess I would have to do it.
    well stated.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

6. If you are on Facebook, you are already on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    Hey what about that cute little document that DHS put out a few months back?

I am a Veteran with numerous trips to the middle east under my belt befor I retired.

I am a GOD FEARING Christian.

I oppose abortion.

I support the constitution.

I am middle-aged, bald and armed.

I am a card carrying member of the NRA.

I support the constitution.

I like the Gadsen Flag.

I believ Israel has every right to exist and take the lands God gave to them and support them on biblically sound principles.

If I am not on somebodies short list I will be very surprised!
    amen brouther,amen. if i'm not on somebody's ***** list i'd be embaresed!

on a watch list

Dh and I found out that WE ARE on someone's watch list. We made plans to fly across country last year and were detained at the airport. We could not print our tickets from the kiosk, were told to see an actual ticket agent at the counter. We had to give our IDs and the computer e-ticket info to her and she disappeared into the back. She came back about 10 minutes later and gave us our things and said we were free to board, but then hubby was all but strip searched. This was only at McCarran International in Las Vegas, Nv. Sucked! On the rest of the journey to and from our destinations, absolutely no one at any of the other airports said "Boo" or anything else to us. Seems to me that if we were terrorists we would not have been given our CCW permits a month later!

Just this past week, I discovered a site where we wrote for redress to remove our names and anyone living at our address from this watch list. It's a Homeland Security site. Dh and I both filed a redress complaint and received redress numbers. I hope to hear from them soon! If I recall correctly, they stated that they would get back with us w/in 30 days, or some such. We'll see.

That's why I don't fly. I'm probably on a watch-list, as I have had at least 3 run-ins with the TSA, 2 of which almost got me arrested. And on those two, I wasn't even flying - I was at the airport to pick up my 6-year-old grandson, who had flown by himself to Florida for the summer.

Whenever they destroy the Patriot Act, and the TSA, I might think about flying again. But I don't have much faith in that. If I can't go by train (AmTrak does not treat you like a terrorist) or car, I ain't going!
    -= Piece Corps =-

Quote Originally Posted by Piece Corps View Post
    That's why I don't fly. I'm probably on a watch-list, as I have had at least 3 run-ins with the TSA, 2 of which almost got me arrested. And on those two, I wasn't even flying - I was at the airport to pick up my 6-year-old grandson, who had flown by himself to Florida for the summer.

Whenever they destroy the Patriot Act, and the TSA, I might think about flying again. But I don't have much faith in that. If I can't go by train (AmTrak does not treat you like a terrorist) or car, I ain't going!
    I gotcha, though, when someone is sick or worse and you need to get there NOW, the train or a car just doesn't always cut it. Guess it's a matter of priorities and what we agree to "put up with" so we can do what we feel we need to do. If you don't feel the need then you are doing what you feel you need to do, right?

Long time no talk, Piece. How ya been?
    Peace.
    Stay safe!

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    I have long thought that my name has been on some sort of government watchlist, given my outspoken views on gun rights, the Constitution, etc. Never did mind; can't prevent it and I've done nothing illegal.

It is my assumption that "someone" is perusing these websites and has taken steps to identify posters (or at least some of them).

However, lately have thought "Wait a minute!" Why have I just shrugged this off? This is very serious. I mean, the gov't keeping tabs on private citizens? This is not good.

Anybody else as paranoid as I am?
    They don't need this web site for that. The gun SN#s they sell to you and the license numbers they issue provide them the trail they need.

I have had the same thoughts on and off for the past few months. I started to think "I must be going nuts". Then I begin to think "why do I carry the gun?" Answer: " Because I think the threat is real"... OK so it must be true...

The gov't has been doing things like that for some time now. It's for real.. Ask John Lennon... Oh wait... Can't do that... Can you say conspiracy theory?? Yea I know reaching for things...

Perhaps we are, and If so keep reading...Find out just how fed up we are with groups who attempt to threaten our rights... Whew...Anyway enough rant...

A good what if.. Thanks JJ..
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast