Who rides a scoot? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who rides a scoot?

Me Too

After a few decades of assorted HD choppers, I had 'retired' from riding.

Then two years ago last month, I went over to the dark side, and bought a very low mileage '00 Yamaha VMax, my first ever import.

Totally love the damn thing.... One of the most funnest (and fastest) rides I've ever been on....

Y'all ride safe out there...

08 Street Glide

04 yamaha vstar classic

In the beginning, the patriot is a scarce man -- brave, hated, and scorned. But when his cause succeeds, the timid join him. For then, it costs nothing to be a patriot. -- Mark Twain

93 Heritage Softail Classic

Well used. This HD is definitely not a garage queen. I, however, am slowing down a little now. I no longer ride in snow conditions or any time the temperature drops below 20 or so. Nor really a fan of any brand... it is just what I happen to have available.

07 1200 Sportster - just put it in the barn (literally) for the winter today (17 degrees and snowing) have been ridding since 1971 (I'm an old fart)
    Armed you are a citizen, unarmed a subject.
    An armed society is a polite society.
    Fear the government who fears you guns.

07 electra glide with a little over 43000 milies on it and i have been riding since 1986 ( and i am a young guy) lol ok i 43 maybe not so young but only had a car about 4 1/2 years of my life so i can ride pretty good i am still alive and i live in la and are traffic sucks but we can ride all year in calif and split lanes but are gun laws SUCK here! anyway have a good one and ride safe and keep the rubber side down

2000 Dyna Wide Glide
    2002 BMW K1200LT
    2005 Triumph Speed Triple
    2008 KTM 530 EXC-R

I'll post pics when I get home.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Seems a number of us ride. Thought it might be interesting to find out who the Knights of the Road are and what they dodge deer with.

I'll start: 05 HD Electraglide Standard; Gotta have all that fairing and stuff, cause it's cold-riding out here. Wear heated vests, gloves, etc. and sometimes ride whilst it's snowing (last May!).
    Hey bro as far as the dodge deer go's. I put deer whistles on my frount fender they have work for me for years. you can pick them up at just about any truck stop for like $6 and they just stick to the sides of your bike just about any where you want to put them keep the rubber side up and the deer out of the head lights

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Seems a number of us ride. Thought it might be interesting to find out who the Knights of the Road are and what they dodge deer with.

I'll start: 05 HD Electraglide Standard; Gotta have all that fairing and stuff, cause it's cold-riding out here. Wear heated vests, gloves, etc. and sometimes ride whilst it's snowing (last May!).
    I already responded, but did not answer your question..
    Not many deer to dodge in the busy city near Tampa Bay, but I did have one almost take me out not far from home on our way out to BRR.. He jumped a fence on the right and at a full run, leaned himself out and dove right between two runs of Barbed wire on the left. He was about 75 feet in front of me.

I average about 10K per year, although it will probably be a bit less this year since I am presently unemployed and I am not commuting 25 Miles R/T daily anymore.. On the bright side my near misses have gone WAY down since I'm not commuting!!!

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

12,000+ it's first partial season. March 20- late Nov. Love my 1600 Vulcan!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast