Global warming food for thought.......

Thread: Global warming food for thought.......

Global warming food for thought.......

I was talking to a friend at work about global warming and I started thinking about all the flights Obama has taken so far this year. Then I figured if global warming is as big a issue as they make it out to be then they'd probably lead be example on cutting down those horrible carbon emissions. Like they say actions speak louder then words. So I crunched some numbers:

Letís just look at his recent flight to Copenhagen

Its 4056 miles from Washington D.C. to Copenhagen
    Air Force one along burns about 5 gallons of fuel per mile
    So round trip they burned 40,560 gallons of fuel

My truckís combined highway/city averages 15 miles a gallon
    So 40,560 gallons of fuel would be enough fuel for my truck to travel 608,400 miles
    I roughly put about 15,000 miles a year on my truck

So to sum it up that one round trip flight had the same "carbon footprint" as 40 1/2 years of me driving.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

3. YOU HAVE WAY TO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS
    But I agree this global warming thing is just crap. Its just a way to try to control the masses
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    ... Air Force one alone burns about 5 gallons of fuel per mile, so round trip they burned 40,560 gallons of fuel
    And that's just AF1. Everywhere the President goes, two birds are flown... so, you can double that original figure. Not to mention all the additional support craft and resource used to support the primary mission. The end result of any presidential trip amounts to a tremendous amount of REAL COST... all courtesy of the American taxpayer. :(

Then… if you happen to believe in the ridiculous fiction regarding global warming and all that make believe carbon emissions crap... well, then… there's all that nonsense to consider too!

But, with regards to these sorts of people leading by example—little chance of that happening—the rules they make are for the little people to follow. They are simply too important to be bothered with following the same set of rules! Don’t you know?!
    Blessed be my God, my mountain, who trains me to fight fair and well! Psalm 144 (msg)
    ...follow me at twitter.com/matthewaynelson

+1. It is a farce designed to fleece the American taxpayers and redistribute the wealth.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by KimberRB View Post
    YOU HAVE WAY TO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS
    But I agree this global warming thing is just crap. Its just a way to try to control the masses
    The joys of automating your work! You kick it off, let it run, and play on you favorite website! When it completes check the results and go home for the day.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin