Finally out of the hospital - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally out of the hospital

Good advice. Glad you are out and doing better.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

ishi, my friend!

I am happy to see that y'all are alive, that is tough!!!! we will be praying and thinking of you. keep your powder dry and close by!!

I noticed you hadn't been around, Ishi. I'm glad that you and your wife are doing better. Just take it easy and let everything heal properly. You'll both be in my prayers.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

5. Great to see you back Ishi! Glad everything's looking up. The wife and I'll keep you in our prayers. Hang in there and hope your 2008 starts off better than 2007 ended!
    "Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." St. Augustine A.D. 354-430

-LP

Red face

Thanks for the kind words, everybody. Sometimes a kind word makes a lot of difference in a person's life, and now is one of those times. Happy new year wishes to everyone for a prosperous 2008!

P.S.

An interesting addendum to my story: Earlier in the day (of my crash), I took my mother out to the shooting range for some practice and to get her familiar with a pistol that I plan on giving her for self-defense (9x18 Makarov PM). She hadn't fired a gun in more than 20 years but she took to it like a pro. I took along my CZ P01 for some practice as well.

On the way home from picking up my wife from work, the crash occurred. The two handguns were in a black pelican case in the back seat. While I was in the emergency room (and having my femur drilled and pinned without any @$#% anasthetic) a state police officer arrived and offered to retrieve my pistols from the wreck, which had already been towed. He was a really friendly guy, and now that I'm out of the hospital he'll be dropping off my guns tomorrow. Really glad to have 'em back!

Also, I have plans to create leather saddlebags for my walker to keep my Makarov PM in. Now that my wife and I are both effectively disabled, being armed seems a better idea than ever. You know, just in case some punk decides that we look like an easy target...

Cheers,

ishi
    Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except that it ain't so.

-Mark Twain

7. Old gun rack from you pickup would work for a shotgun. Don't forget the backup alarm for you both .Why no pain block for leg work? Glad you are back!

Ishi my brother, I just saw this!!!! WOW... man am I so glad you are here to write this and let us know you and your wife are ok bro.

You're In my prayers.

pat edwards
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Get well soon, have a speedy and full recovery (both of you!)

10. Dang ISHI, I just saw this too... you and your bride are in my prayers for a quick and full recovery! :D

So, do we need to design you a "walker holster"? :p

ALWAYS carry! ~ NEVER tell!

I have not been around to know you but I am truly sorry to hear of your accident. You are really fortunate to have had a cop that was willing to take the extra step of takng care of your pistols for you. Take care and speedy recovery.
    If you think you are in a fair fight, you need to rethink your tactics.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast