Finally out of the hospital
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally out of the hospital

Finally out of the hospital

So my wife and I were nearly home on the 13th of December when a car in the opposing lanes of the highway jumped the divider and hit us head-on.

Our air bags deployed and thanks to our seat belts, we stayed in the car. The passenger door was open when I regained consciousness. The impact snapped my right femur and crushed the heel like a packet of saltine crackers. Wife got a mild concussion, fractured wrist, broken ankle and extensive bruising.

Two weeks later, we're both out of the hospital and hobbling around the house like octogenarians on our walkers. It's a strange thing.

I can give some free advice to everybody here... don't be a cowboy, buckle your seat belt. It will save you. And try not to break a femur, it really really really hurts when they pin it.

Cheers and happy holidays,

ishi
    Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except that it ain't so.

-Mark Twain

Hang in There

Well, survival can't be too highly over-rated when compared to the alternative. Glad you had a Christmas miracle and am thankful you and the wife are able to hobble.

Merrry Air Bags...I mean Christmas and Best Wishes for the coming New Year (or at least one that is wreck-free)!

Speedy Recovery too!
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

While I've never been in a big car crash, I do know what a broken hip feels like and I can only imagine that the femur and heel are even worse. So very glad to hear you both made it out alright. Any accident you hobble away from is still something you hobbled away from. I hope you both have a speedy and successful recovery. Happy Holidays!!!!
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

Very glad to hear you are out of the hospital and on your way to a full recovery! Hopefully it'll be a speedy recovery.

ISHI!! Yow! I am SO glad to hear you and your Bride are OK! And here I thought you were just sick of us and taking some time off! Glad you're back up and around...even if feebly. Feel better soon.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Isha we missed you and now have you in our prayers. Your talent in pennmanship and experience in life add good depth to this group. Get well soon.

May you all have a speedy recovery, and get well soon.
    An armed society is a polite society.

An un-avoidable head on! You guys are lucky, tough, or blessed (or all of the above). That is the kind of thing that makes me think of the "steel cage" around me and mine. With the new miles per gallon regulations on the books, I'm expecting the newer models to be fabricated out of used egg cartons. Scary prospect. Now you have some bragging rights that I know you wish you didn't have.
    sailor

Wow, I'm glad you both are ok and back home! I was in a wreck a couple years ago when a guy turned in front of me from on coming traffic, I t-boned him. Luckily I had my seatbelt on, air bags popped out and I only banged up my knee slightly. I ALWAYS wear my seatbelt. I never really understood why people don't wear them, I mean its there so...

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Ishi, I had been wondering what happened to you. I go on vacation and come back and your gone. I'm truly sorry about your accident and very glad you and your wife are going to be ok. We will be adding you to our prayers.

Next time something happens like this can you manage to find your way to one the the hospitals computers and let us know your ok? :D
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast