Dogs!!! - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dogs!!!

Another dog attack in the news tonight, PIT BULL go figure....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Quote Originally Posted by Ga9mm View Post
    I agree with you that dogs shouldn't be allowed to run free. I also understand your frustration/anger over the loss. So there were 3 different times that a pit bull attacked your daughter's animals? I don't think I would blame the entire breed on that. Dogs are products of their environments. Most dogs can be trained to be violent, aggresive, and dangerous. So can people. Should there be open season on people, too? My answer is yes, to an extent. BUT, how do we know which ones to go after? Just because you've had bad luck with pits, does that really mean all of them are bad?

I know you're not interested in anything but your daughter and her well-being and loss of expensive animals, but if you look, you will find an abundance of information on how pit bulls are mis-represented, very loyal, incredibly smart, and great pets. I've had at least one all my life, and have never had any trouble with them at all.

Again, sorry for her/your loss.
    I have friends who have Pits. They are the best PETS you ever saw. Recently got loose, and almost killed another friend's donkey. If you can't keep a pit where there is NO WAY it can get free, you don't need them. Same with ANY "dangerous" breed/

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    I have friends who have Pits. They are the best PETS you ever saw. Recently got loose, and almost killed another friend's donkey. If you can't keep a pit where there is NO WAY it can get free, you don't need them. Same with ANY "dangerous" breed/
    guess I need to add to that--same with "any" breed. Even the best animal can turn "bad" when pushed too far (be it starvation, running with the pack, or many different reasons) Guess that's why my county has a "leash law". All pets are to be on a leash or penned at ALL times. Of course this doesn't happen, as many people find out when their trash is scattered, so forth. It comes down to "If you are going to own a pet (any pet), be responsible and considerate of others".

5. I am a firm believer that animals need to be controlled. here in Arizona, if an animal leaves its home place and is causing trouble you can kill it. 2 years ago on Christmas day a pit bull came into my home and killed my wife's Pekinese. Sorry to say the police would not let me have him. But the owner did come to her and asked forgivness, what can you say then? I wish I had been home...

6. Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Ga9mm View Post
    I agree with you that dogs shouldn't be allowed to run free. I also understand your frustration/anger over the loss. So there were 3 different times that a pit bull attacked your daughter's animals? I don't think I would blame the entire breed on that. Dogs are products of their environments. Most dogs can be trained to be violent, aggresive, and dangerous. So can people. Should there be open season on people, too? My answer is yes, to an extent. BUT, how do we know which ones to go after? Just because you've had bad luck with pits, does that really mean all of them are bad?

I know you're not interested in anything but your daughter and her well-being and loss of expensive animals, but if you look, you will find an abundance of information on how pit bulls are mis-represented, very loyal, incredibly smart, and great pets. I've had at least one all my life, and have never had any trouble with them at all.

Again, sorry for her/your loss.
    dude you're so dumb pits are the most dangerous of all dogs out there. To say that they aren't is just ignorant. They kill 500% more than any other breed out there. And the idiot owner always " He was just the sweetest thing, he never hurt anything." yea till now dummy. I tell you what you watch a 7 year old girl have throat ripped out and tell me, "they were trained to do that". Or " she was prevoking him". Shut up and keep your dog away from society. i don't believe all are bad dog, or all should be put down. But they just have something in them that is wrong.

just look at this: Pit Bull Attacks: Dog Bite Law Center

7. When I was a kid i raised sheep.One night a pack of dogs was chasing my sheep. One was my neighbor's so the next day I called him and asked him to keep his dog home. He informed me that his dog slept beside his bed and I was wrong. While the next night the dogs came back and I shot a couple of them. One was my neighbors. He called me a couple of days later and asked me if I had shot his dog. I told him it couldn't have been his because his dog slept beside his bed and I had never even been in his house, and never in his bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by harleybass47 View Post
    When I was a kid i raised sheep.One night a pack of dogs was chasing my sheep. One was my neighbor's so the next day I called him and asked him to keep his dog home. He informed me that his dog slept beside his bed and I was wrong. While the next night the dogs came back and I shot a couple of them. One was my neighbors. He called me a couple of days later and asked me if I had shot his dog. I told him it couldn't have been his because his dog slept beside his bed and I had never even been in his house, and never in his bedroom.
    That's what he gets for lying! Shame on him. Sad for his dog. Hope your sheep were okay.

9. A good friend of mine has a sheep in an enclosure. His roommate's german shep will pace/chase along the fence-line just wishing she could go take down that sheep. She's got the strongest prey drive of any dog I've ever seen. It's not just pitbulls. It can be any breed that is a threat to livestock.

I know this may sound redundant but on the TV news last night.... another pit bull attack.....

N this time according to the news story this dog has attacked other peoples animals 3 previous times killing them... since it was just another dog it attacked and the owner was injured trying to separate them animal control refuse to do anything despite multiple complaints against the owners....

Kalamazoo city limits this time so shooting them could land you in jail due to the firearm discharge law they have.... so I'm thinking they need a good crossbow....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

11. If I would have been home, law or no law I would have killed that dog. But the city police were here and they are friends or ... talk is cheap... There is no place for a pitbull in the city, and maybe not in the country at all.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast