2010 Census

Thread: 2010 Census

2010 Census

The census will be here soon, and a lot of folks, including me, are interested in knowing just what we are required by the Constitution to provide.. I thought it might be an interesting topic of discussion here..

It is my understanding that I am required to provide the number of people living in my home, along with our age and sex. Thats how I plan to proceed, unless someone can give me a real strong reason to do something different..

I also intend to try to determine up front if the person standing OUTSIDE my front door is connected to Acorn. If so, the meeting will be over immediately..

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

The Census is for apportionment of congressional representation.

Lots of things have been added so that taxpayer money can be sent to all those programs that were listed in the Constitution, not.

I see three choices, only answer the name, age, sex and nationality of the people under your roof at the time of the census.

or

lie and list 12 times people so the small states don't lose more representation, but that is probably a crime.
    or

Listing your number of toilets, tubs, showers,cars, seems a gray area.

https://ask.census.gov/cgi-bin/askce...p_sid=Id9QP9Rj
    The people think the Second Amendment protects their rights;
    Government sees an obstacle to be over-come.
    NRA Life since 1966

Actually, what is the sense of the census over here in the US when voting is NOT mandatory? ...please ... don't shoot me down...I am just asking...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

it was my understanding that "enumeration" was a head count...has nothing to do with name, age, sex etc.

I answer only the How many? question...thats it.

In Australia, apart from being a headcount, it is one way of knowing who lives in the same house that are of age or nearly at age to vote. Like when our oldest child was about to turn 18. Then he got sent a letter and an application form to register so he can vote. These sort of census got computerized, so what is the excuse of other parts of the government "not knowing"? or no excuse for not sharing the info to other departments.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS