The importantce of Spleling... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The importantce of Spleling...

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Spell checker will not catch a misused word only if is is spelled wrong. A good example is to, too, two.
    This is too much to do with two, because the two of us are going to the store and we must make sure we don't spend too much money.

Yes, it would be nice to learn how to use to/too/two.

People....people.....SETTLE DOWN!!!

Aren't some of us going overboard here??? I thought this topic started as spelling, now it has escalated to grammar and corrections of sentences? Are you trying to scare some posters here? Just asking....

You see, we have to try to understand other people too if they cannot sometimes express themselves fairly well -- because perhaps, English IS NOT their first language??? How about that reason, huh? There are at least 37 or 57 versions of English in this world. And some of the posters here are NOT all Americans who live here or grew up here. Sometimes, it is hard to translate in one's coconut how to form a particular sentence to convey what one means. In the process, the genders sometimes got mixed up because there are countries that do not really have any specifics on she and he in their language but is included in the word itself. This is just one example.

Try to understand others.....why perhaps they make a mistake...not shoot them down -- it wasn't really a bullet that had killed you that is why you are still able to post. Even Americans in this country alone can't understand one another's terminologies and phrases, the way it is conveyed to one another...if you are a normal American, try talking to a Texan...for example...

Be patient...at least they are trying...give them credit for that. Tell you the truth, my husband, a true blue born and bred in Kansas, is a very intelligent man in his own passions and interests, on things he likes to do and enjoy doing. He can convey himself very well -- verbally. But put him in his desk to write a letter to someone, he'd yell from across the room or atop the stairs just to ask me if the word 'I' or 'E' comes first after 'TH' in 'THIEF' or does "accessories" have two 'C's or double 'S'-ses??? And he has two of those 6" dictionaries within his reach...Now, THAT is the real definition of 'lazy', don't you think??? But I love him anyway...

And oh, btw -- I did not spell-check this post...have fun with it...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    People....people.....SETTLE DOWN!!!

Aren't some of us going overboard here??? I thought this topic started as spelling, now it has escalated to grammar and corrections of sentences? Are you trying to scare some posters here? Just asking....

You see, we have to try to understand other people too if they cannot sometimes express themselves fairly well -- because perhaps, English IS NOT their first language??? How about that reason, huh? There are at least 37 or 57 versions of English in this world. And some of the posters here are NOT all Americans who live here or grew up here. Sometimes, it is hard to translate in one's coconut how to form a particular sentence to convey what one means. In the process, the genders sometimes got mixed up because there are countries that do not really have any specifics on she and he in their language but is included in the word itself. This is just one example.

Try to understand others.....why perhaps they make a mistake...not shoot them down -- it wasn't really a bullet that had killed you that is why you are still able to post. Even Americans in this country alone can't understand one another's terminologies and phrases, the way it is conveyed to one another...if you are a normal American, try talking to a Texan...for example...

Be patient...at least they are trying...give them credit for that. Tell you the truth, my husband, a true blue born and bred in Kansas, is a very intelligent man in his own passions and interests, on things he likes to do and enjoy doing. He can convey himself very well -- verbally. But put him in his desk to write a letter to someone, he'd yell from across the room or atop the stairs just to ask me if the word 'I' or 'E' comes first after 'TH' in 'THIEF' or does "accessories" have two 'C's or double 'S'-ses??? And he has two of those 6" dictionaries within his reach...Now, THAT is the real definition of 'lazy', don't you think??? But I love him anyway...

And oh, btw -- I did not spell-check this post...have fun with it...
    I do not say much about others because I realize my spelling and grammar is far from the best. I was a product of the public school system. Of course that excuse will go only so far because my wife went to public school and she is great at both.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    I love those spelling tests!! Ours happened every Friday afternoon before we go home. Then there are the sporadic little spelling written tests spread out during the week and the once in a while teacher asking you the spelling of ... after you have just done your explanation of a topic being discussed. When the time came, I was one of those spelling bee contestants held in a large theatre. I came second in the overall for the whole country because I failed to spell "tryst". Dumbo! I felt so ashamed of myself at the time. NOW??? I feel so ashame that my middle child couldn't even send me a proper email without resorting to cell phone style messaging called "texting"....and I am saying nothing about it??? Shame on me!!!

Story of my life, huh?
    I hate dat txting splling style. dats jst ignrant.
    seriously.. it drives me NUTS!!!
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12