Dumb@$$ of the Week Award
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [email protected]$$ of the Week Award

[email protected]$$ of the Week Award

This is from krem.com news website.

British grenade removed from truck parked at Coeur d'Alene post office
    1-11-10

COEUR D'ALENE, ID -- Roads around the Coeur d'Alene Post Office near 6th and Lakeside are back open after a grenade was removed from a pickup truck.

Authorities from Fairchild Airforce Base removed the British explosive with the pin still in Monday afternoon.

Police say it started earlier today when a person, who was taking care of an elderly couple who recently died, took over their estate. In their home he found a grenade. He said he didn't want it and decided to take it to the proper authorities to take care of it. While he was driving through town, he called a family member and that family member suggested it wasn't a good idea to drive with an explosive device. The man then pulled over at the Coeur d'Alene Post Office near 6th and Lakeside.

Police closed Lakeside from 5th to 7th from 2'00 p.m. to 4'30 p.m.

Ok, let's analyze this... The guy finds a hand grenade and decides to take it to the police, changes his mind, and parks at the nearest federal government building. Seriously? I live in the next town from where this happened and work part time 3 blocks from the stated post office. This guy definitely needs a sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat61 View Post
    He said he didn't want it ...

What a stick in the mud. Who in their right mind wouldn't want a real live hand grenade. Would go well with the 1911 if I could find a pouch for it to match my Bianchi holster!

In the beginning, the patriot is a scarce man -- brave, hated, and scorned. But when his cause succeeds, the timid join him. For then, it costs nothing to be a patriot. -- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by RugerP345 View Post
    What a stick in the mud. Who in their right mind wouldn't want a real live hand grenade. Would go well with the 1911 if I could find a pouch for it to match my Bianchi holster!

LOL No kidding. I mean this IS north Idaho!! :-)

I thought everyone north of Lewiston had grenades

I could use a whole sack full of those to go hog hunting with!

7. you can't fix stupid.

Guys a few fries short of a happy meal! I mean who in their right mind would turn in a perfectly good grenades?
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat61 View Post
    LOL No kidding. I mean this IS north Idaho!! :-)
    The only thing I know of Idaho would be potatoes??? Should I add "idiot!" to my learning process???
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

yea it was all over the local news I live n Post Falls

that was probably one of those cali people that moved up here

We know he was not a fisherman!
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast