Go Vikes!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Go Vikes!!

  1. #11
    So...it's Monday morning...the Vikes lost the NFC championship game...AGAIN!!!...there's a roaring blizzard outside...Obama's still in the WH...and I'm at work while all the socialists (university staff, city and county workers) have the day off. Well, sh#t.

  2.   
  3. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay Area
    Posts
    1,854
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    So...it's Monday morning...the Vikes lost the NFC championship game...AGAIN!!!...there's a roaring blizzard outside...Obama's still in the WH...and I'm at work while all the socialists (university staff, city and county workers) have the day off. Well, sh#t.
    I was hoping the Vikes would win also. If it hadn't been for all the fumbles and that last interception they probably would have. I think you should go treat yourself to a new toy. That always makes me feel better!
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

  4. #13

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    I was hoping the Vikes would win also. If it hadn't been for all the fumbles and that last interception they probably would have. I think you should go treat yourself to a new toy. That always makes me feel better!
    I think Kimber is on to something. A new gun, holster etc. surely would make the day brighter.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    So...it's Monday morning...the Vikes lost the NFC championship game...AGAIN!!!...there's a roaring blizzard outside...Obama's still in the WH...and I'm at work while all the socialists (university staff, city and county workers) have the day off. Well, sh#t.
    I didn't know that driving a snow plow made one a socialist. A friend of mine drives one for the county, and he has more guns then I do.
    My neighbor works for the city, he is not a socialist.


    I am not very happy with the blocking provided by the vikings offensive line. They could not protect Farve, nor open up holes for Peterson. The coaches kept calling his number, and this played into the hands of the defense. Putting the ball on the ground is not good. Bad coaching again. I fault the officials for not doing more to protect Farve. He took some painful cheap shots. My hat is off to that man. Wounded, he kept playing. It was high drama, but the coach should of yanked him out. Farve could hardly move. His timing was off because of all the pain.
    Bad coaching, bad blocking =no superbowl.

  6. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    I didn't know that driving a snow plow made one a socialist. A friend of mine drives one for the county, and he has more guns then I do.
    My neighbor works for the city, he is not a socialist.


    I am not very happy with the blocking provided by the vikings offensive line. They could not protect Farve, nor open up holes for Peterson. The coaches kept calling his number, and this played into the hands of the defense. Putting the ball on the ground is not good. Bad coaching again. I fault the officials for not doing more to protect Farve. He took some painful cheap shots. My hat is off to that man. Wounded, he kept playing. It was high drama, but the coach should of yanked him out. Farve could hardly move. His timing was off because of all the pain.
    Bad coaching, bad blocking =no superbowl.
    I agree with all your comments. My wife works for the county (and has the day off!) and I always tease her about being a socialist. Believe me, she's not! So that was just smarmy jesting on my part.

    HOWEVER, I looked out my kitchen window this morning as the blizzard raged and there goes my neighbor who owns the local bottled water franchise, and there goes my plumber friend who owns his own business, and here I go (have my own small CPA firm) and it struck me that if we don't go to work, we don't get paid. Meanwhile, the Unviersity staff will sit home and write letters to the editor full of left-wing BS. So, the capitalists who fund the whole g-damn affair go off to bust their asses while the ones who live off the tax dollars sit home. So, maybe the analogy isn't so far off.

    Forgive me for being cranky. Just gonna be one of those days. And you're right about the coaching and the officiating. I will never say that poor officiating cost us the game but there sure were some cheap shots on Favre that shoulda been called. My wife commented that it appeared that a major Saints strategy was to get Favre knocked out of the game. Brett has all my admiration for staying in after being beat up like that. What a stud.

    Maybe I will go buy that AR-15 I've been talking about. I did clear it with the wife this weekend so that's something.

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    I agree with all your comments. My wife works for the county (and has the day off!) and I always tease her about being a socialist. Believe me, she's not! So that was just smarmy jesting on my part.

    HOWEVER, I looked out my kitchen window this morning as the blizzard raged and there goes my neighbor who owns the local bottled water franchise, and there goes my plumber friend who owns his own business, and here I go (have my own small CPA firm) and it struck me that if we don't go to work, we don't get paid. Meanwhile, the Unviersity staff will sit home and write letters to the editor full of left-wing BS. So, the capitalists who fund the whole g-damn affair go off to bust their asses while the ones who live off the tax dollars sit home. So, maybe the analogy isn't so far off.

    Forgive me for being cranky. Just gonna be one of those days. And you're right about the coaching and the officiating. I will never say that poor officiating cost us the game but there sure were some cheap shots on Favre that shoulda been called. My wife commented that it appeared that a major Saints strategy was to get Favre knocked out of the game. Brett has all my admiration for staying in after being beat up like that. What a stud.

    Maybe I will go buy that AR-15 I've been talking about. I did clear it with the wife this weekend so that's something.
    Buy your wife jewelry. Get the AR later.


  8. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    Buy your wife jewelry. Get the AR later.

    Skip the jewelry and buy both of you an AR.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay Area
    Posts
    1,854
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Skip the jewelry and buy both of you an AR.
    +1000000000. Don't forget to pick up a set of pink furniture for hers!
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    St. Louis County, MO
    Posts
    3,445
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    So...it's Monday morning...the Vikes lost the NFC championship game...AGAIN!!!...there's a roaring blizzard outside...Obama's still in the WH...and I'm at work while all the socialists (university staff, city and county workers) have the day off. Well, sh#t.
    I think I was late in seeing this thread...I can just imagine your face at work...did anyone get any crap out of you for the Vikings losing the game???Oopppsss sorry...most of them are not at work and guess what? -- You are!! ha..ha...!
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

  11. #20
    It's ok, I was at work yesterday and today, and will be here till ten tonight. I feel your pain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast