What to do when you are bored at work.......
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What to do when you are bored at work.......

What to do when you are bored at work.......

what to do when you are bored at work ...

What to do...
    1. Kill a few Flies
    2. Put them in the sun to dry for one hour.
    3. Once they are dry, pick a pencil and paper... Let your imagination flow.

Here are a few examples...

"Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Hey Tucker's Mom: My first thought when I looked at all the new threads and saw this one is that Tucker's Mom, when bored at work, obviously likes to "peruse" USA Carry and dream up new threads. I enjoy your threads and replies so keep um up.
    PS: I know from previous question that you are indeed Tucker's mom--how old is Tucker?
    To answer this thread, I am retired, so being bored at work is not in the cards, but I do need to stay busy so I walk a lot, exercise, and volunteer--my only "boring time" comes in the afternoon so I pick up a book (just love Vince Flynn--everyone on this forum should read him--make you feel good), light a cigar, and proceed to get "mellowed" over a nice martini.

Vince Flynn is the man! I read all his stuff. Saw him on the boob tube recently (Fox, I think, who else?). He seems to be a Patriot.

When I get bored at work I just post on USACarry. As you can tell I get bored a lot! lol
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    When I get bored at work I just post on USACarry. As you can tell I get bored a lot! lol
    And here I thought you were just attracted to the scintillating conversations we have on this site.

I go home.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    And here I thought you were just attracted to the scintillating conversations we have on this site.
    I'm not sure if scintillating is the best word for it but it help make the day go faster....

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I go home.
    I tried that once but the boss didn't think it was "The best judgement call"
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey Tucker's Mom: My first thought when I looked at all the new threads and saw this one is that Tucker's Mom, when bored at work, obviously likes to "peruse" USA Carry and dream up new threads. I enjoy your threads and replies so keep um up.
    Thanks...
    PS: I know from previous question that you are indeed Tucker's mom--how old is Tucker?
    Tucker is a rottie, connected to the hips of hubby. He is nearly 1.4 years old and just discovering he has a brain after all...Imagine having a not-quite-a-teenager in the house or better still, an 18-year-old-dying-to-be-21... ha!.

To answer this thread, I am retired, so being bored at work is not in the cards, but I do need to stay busy so I walk a lot, exercise, and volunteer--my only "boring time" comes in the afternoon so I pick up a book (just love Vince Flynn--everyone on this forum should read him--make you feel good), light a cigar, and proceed to get "mellowed" over a nice martini.
    I hardly get bored here...have lots to do e.g., housework and cooking which I love very much. I do most of my imaging work in the morning so since I am on the pooter, my application is running on another screen and laughing my head off on what I read on the forum on another. Many times I get all these inspirations running in my head, so I have another screen to put my notes/ideas on so I don't lose them. My saving grace is reading responses to the forums especially the funny ones. Most of them are very entertaining. One day, it will be nice to meet up with some people with the same interest in guns around this area. At the moment, we can't even tell anyone we carry because most people I know are icky about guns and carrying. Their loss, not ours....funny how I whack my brain finishing what I wanted to do when I do not have a forum opened, compared to how fast my brain works when I have a forum opened on the other screen...so thanks to you all, guys!! You are all my inspiration. Makes my brain thinking and young.

As for books...I just started a Mike Huckabee book last night...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    I'm not sure if scintillating is the best word for it but it help make the day go faster....

I tried that once but the boss didn't think it was "The best judgment call"
    I can only do that because it is a family run business. My son and his mom and I have a security business. Residence and business alarm installation and monitoring + we are licensed CHL instructors.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I work for the electric company. I sit at a desk and monitor 9 different computer screens. Being bored is a good thing. That means that everyone's lights are on.

As far as going home! I am forbidden to leave until my relief gets here. If he does not show I don't go.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast