Airport body scanners violate Islamic law, Muslims say - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Airport body scanners violate Islamic law, Muslims say

They're are going to continue using our "PC" issues against us. I'm seeing it in the European countries for some time now.

3. I am one of those who find the entire airport security thing disturbing -- long before body scanners, long before 9/11. Don't you guys remember some document that talks about the necessity for probably cause and for a warrant for a search and seizure? We are all so hyped about "shall not be infringed," but you guys seem to forget the Fourth!

The first time I walked through a metal detector at an airport, I refused to empty my pockets. Airport security refused to allow me to proceed. I didn't fly that day and canceled my trip.

Nowadays, I fly only if I have to. Those TSA morons find gun powder residue on my suitcase and get all excited, almost every time I fly. Because my clothes are all contaminated with gunpowder, and they in turn contaminate the suitcase.

When I was summoned to jury duty, I walked through the metal detector at the courthouse with everything in my pockets. I politely refused to empty my pockets. The courthouse security refused to let me in. I demanded a signed statement from the supervisor that they refused to allow me in because of my refusal to comply with the security requirements. That was to prove that I tried to fulfill my juror obligations, but that the courthouse personnel were illegally requiring me to give up my Fourth Amendment rights in order to comply with the court order that I appear for jury duty. When they tried to fine me for my failure to appear, they quickly decided not to open that can of worms.

The Fourth is just as important as the Second. Let's not forget that.

Let me first say that I wouldn't go through one of those body scanners...no way! There have already been incidents where the security people have actually shopped the photos around - a guy in India, some movie star, even looked at his and then autographed a few of them for the security people.

But then again, I won't give the TSA bastards the pleasure of doing any kind of search on me, period! Before I stopped flying for good, I was almost arrested twice for giving the TSA a hard time - one time the cuffs were out and BSO had to keep me from decking one of those snotty storm troopers. When they scrap the Patriot Act and we all get our freedoms back, I'll consider gracing the boarding gate of another airport. Till then, TSA can put it where the sun don't shine!

If I can't get there by car or train (AmTrak has no real security procedures, and never confronted me once on the train to and from D.C., even in Union Station, and I was carrying a nice Gerber auto knife in my pocket.), I ain't going.
    -= Piece Corps =-

Quote Originally Posted by Mike45 View Post
    I am one of those who find the entire airport security thing disturbing -- long before body scanners, long before 9/11. Don't you guys remember some document that talks about the necessity for probably cause and for a warrant for a search and seizure? We are all so hyped about "shall not be infringed," but you guys seem to forget the Fourth!

The first time I walked through a metal detector at an airport, I refused to empty my pockets. Airport security refused to allow me to proceed. I didn't fly that day and canceled my trip.

Nowadays, I fly only if I have to. Those TSA morons find gun powder residue on my suitcase and get all excited, almost every time I fly. Because my clothes are all contaminated with gunpowder, and they in turn contaminate the suitcase.

When I was summoned to jury duty, I walked through the metal detector at the courthouse with everything in my pockets. I politely refused to empty my pockets. The courthouse security refused to let me in. I demanded a signed statement from the supervisor that they refused to allow me in because of my refusal to comply with the security requirements. That was to prove that I tried to fulfill my juror obligations, but that the courthouse personnel were illegally requiring me to give up my Fourth Amendment rights in order to comply with the court order that I appear for jury duty. When they tried to fine me for my failure to appear, they quickly decided not to open that can of worms.

I'm gonna assert my 4A rights next time I'm due in court. I wonder how the head of security will explain to the presiding judge when questioned as to why I wasn't allowed into court to testify. I know one judge who would be expecially ruffled if I failed to appear in response to his order. Not only is he 2A friendly, he's also very keen on constitutional issues.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

6. I am not surprised...

The Third Jihad

screw those peeps, let em walk.it seems everything we do in our great country offends them one way or another.let them all go back to where they belong.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Mike45 View Post

How did that work out for you? I have often wondered if I could refuse jury duty because I cannot carry my piece there, violating my 4th and 2nd amendment rights. It seems they want me to do my "civic duty" but only if I surrender my rights at the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    Good!

We can all fly safer!

-Doc
    I came in here to say this exactly. +1
    -Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I came in here to say this exactly. +1
    And what leads you to that conclusion?

Let me say that I don't think that the airport security is doing an illegal search of your person. Up until a few years ago they were civilian security guards trying to protect us from the terrist. The only reason they were switched to gov employees is to force better training and personnal who, A. aren't criminials themselves and B. could be payed better so they attract more qualified people ( although I don't see the qualification process being to difficult).
    Now if you were walking around in the non secure area and they walked up to you and said spread um they would be violating the 4th. I just hope those who dissagree aren't the same ones who say they use our legal system against us when we put them throught civil court(totally disagree with)
    Now I do like the court idea, I'm exempt from jury duty for a few more years but I will be using that one if its a inconvenient for me the time they selected.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast