Airport body scanners violate Islamic law, Muslims say - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 71

Thread: Airport body scanners violate Islamic law, Muslims say

  1. #31
    This is somewhat difficult to respond to. I do not have the need/opportunity to fly that often. However, when I do, I usually enjoy flying. It is a rare enough experience that I still find it pretty neat, and convenient.

    After taking some time to think about it, I don't mind taking the time for security to check my crap. If I need to take my firearms with me, I read the rules, and follow them (usually this means packing them in locked checked luggage). If this deters or at least helps keep BG's from doing crazy sh!t on the flight then good.

    Also, I kinda think that its probably a good idea not to allow firearms on your person while flying. I consider myself well trained, and I believe I can place well aimed shots on target. But,it only takes one mistake then there is a hole in the side of the plane at 30,000 feet. Now in the same instance if any of the general public can get on the plane, with a firearm, and NO training then the chances of mistakes increase dramastically. I dont know about real life, but in the movies a hole in an airplane is usually a bad thing.

    Perhaps a good solution to the problem might be this:
    If you want to carry a weapon (not projectile based, that could damage the integrity of the aircraft) on board an airplane then you must meet certain criteria.
    You must have an extensive background check, to proove you are not a threat.
    You must have had (and can proove to have had) propper training in the handling of the weapon, weapon retention.
    It wouldnt hurt to also have training in psychology (negotiation/hostage rescue skills)
    Maybe some first aid training.
    Then when you pass all the criteria you get a cool little card you can show security and then tada, now we have volunteers that have been trained, and can help prevent any future issues with terrorists.

    Of course I dont think that the major issue of security problems is from flights originating in the United States. Its the flights from other countries comming to ours. Where the originating countries dont care about security at all.

    Now getting back to the OP, if it is against their religion to go through security (of course I would like to see where it is written in the Koran, or whatever other book they are using, that believers in xxx faith may not pass through the futuristic xray machines that detect contraband. Please post that page and paragraph number, for reference.), then I must enforce my religious beliefs that I have the right to keep and bare arms (Right as set forth in the US constitution, see 2nd Admendment).

  2.   
  3. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Onlinedad View Post
    This is somewhat difficult to respond to. I do not have the need/opportunity to fly that often. However, when I do, I usually enjoy flying. It is a rare enough experience that I still find it pretty neat, and convenient.

    After taking some time to think about it, I don't mind taking the time for security to check my crap. If I need to take my firearms with me, I read the rules, and follow them (usually this means packing them in locked checked luggage). If this deters or at least helps keep BG's from doing crazy sh!t on the flight then good.

    Also, I kinda think that its probably a good idea not to allow firearms on your person while flying. I consider myself well trained, and I believe I can place well aimed shots on target. But,it only takes one mistake then there is a hole in the side of the plane at 30,000 feet. Now in the same instance if any of the general public can get on the plane, with a firearm, and NO training then the chances of mistakes increase dramastically. I dont know about real life, but in the movies a hole in an airplane is usually a bad thing.

    Perhaps a good solution to the problem might be this:
    If you want to carry a weapon (not projectile based, that could damage the integrity of the aircraft) on board an airplane then you must meet certain criteria.
    You must have an extensive background check, to proove you are not a threat.
    You must have had (and can proove to have had) propper training in the handling of the weapon, weapon retention.
    It wouldnt hurt to also have training in psychology (negotiation/hostage rescue skills)
    Maybe some first aid training.
    Then when you pass all the criteria you get a cool little card you can show security and then tada, now we have volunteers that have been trained, and can help prevent any future issues with terrorists.

    Of course I dont think that the major issue of security problems is from flights originating in the United States. Its the flights from other countries comming to ours. Where the originating countries dont care about security at all.

    Now getting back to the OP, if it is against their religion to go through security (of course I would like to see where it is written in the Koran, or whatever other book they are using, that believers in xxx faith may not pass through the futuristic xray machines that detect contraband. Please post that page and paragraph number, for reference.), then I must enforce my religious beliefs that I have the right to keep and bare arms (Right as set forth in the US constitution, see 2nd Admendment).
    Good post! I fly all the time for business. Sucurity is a hassle but it is part of the deal these days and once the Gov. gets involvelved

  4. #33
    I say give them a pork sandwich while they're deciding.
    Peaceful
    Peaceful- 45ACP "When you want to send the very best"

  5. #34
    JSDinTexas Guest
    They ought to make them fly naked. And then be sure to check all cavities, preferably with a broom stick.

  6. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Onlinedad View Post
    After taking some time to think about it, I don't mind taking the time for security to check my crap. If I need to take my firearms with me, I read the rules, and follow them (usually this means packing them in locked checked luggage). If this deters or at least helps keep BG's from doing crazy sh!t on the flight then good.

    Also, I kinda think that its probably a good idea not to allow firearms on your person while flying. I consider myself well trained, and I believe I can place well aimed shots on target. But,it only takes one mistake then there is a hole in the side of the plane at 30,000 feet. Now in the same instance if any of the general public can get on the plane, with a firearm, and NO training then the chances of mistakes increase dramastically. I dont know about real life, but in the movies a hole in an airplane is usually a bad thing.

    Perhaps a good solution to the problem might be this:
    If you want to carry a weapon (not projectile based, that could damage the integrity of the aircraft) on board an airplane then you must meet certain criteria.
    You must have an extensive background check, to proove you are not a threat.
    You must have had (and can proove to have had) propper training in the handling of the weapon, weapon retention.
    Where did it ever enter the thread that we want to be able to carry on board an airline? Geez! I don't have any problems with not being to carry concealed on a plane. I don't even want to take a course that would give me that right. I can handle packing my piece in a locked box in my checked baggage. I might want to carry my Gerber multi-tool onboard, but that's about it. And how does stopping you from carrying onboard prevent a BG from blowing up the plane using Semtex as a jockstrap?

    Get this right - I have a problem with being searched like a criminal before getting on a plane, period. I have a problem with having to empty my pockets, take off my belt and buckle, park all of my belongings, including my freakin' SHOES, in a box that goes through a scanner. I have a problem with TSA goons going through my carry-on, telling me that my bottle of shampoo is an oz. over the limit, confiscating my nail clippers, and making me turn on my laptop to prove it actually works. I have a problem with being told to stand with my arms outstretched while some moron wands me and decides that I also have to remove my wedding band because it might be setting off the alarm.

    Now, if I was sweating bullets, chewing my nails to the quick, pacing like a lab rat in a cage...if I looked like a dark-skinned Middle Eastern guy...if I paid cash for my one-way ticket and had no baggage...if my flight had originated in Syria...THEN maybe TSA would like to take a closer look at me.

    Screw the airlines and screw the TSA...and screw the federal government for using 9/11 to take away our Constitutional rights with the Patriot Act.
    -= Piece Corps =-

  7. #36
    The great thing about flying with my handgun in my checked bag is that it is always the first one down the carousel and my bags have never been "lost".

    On that subject just where do "lost" bags go? Do they fall down in some dark passageways in the baggage handling machine? Do they go to the same place that mismatched socks go? Does the airline sometimes find them later and get them back to their rightful owner? Or is "lost luggage" just a nice euphemism for stolen luggage?
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

  8. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Piece Corps View Post
    Where did it ever enter the thread that we want to be able to carry on board an airline? Geez! I don't have any problems with not being to carry concealed on a plane. I don't even want to take a course that would give me that right. I can handle packing my piece in a locked box in my checked baggage. I might want to carry my Gerber multi-tool onboard, but that's about it. And how does stopping you from carrying onboard prevent a BG from blowing up the plane using Semtex as a jockstrap?

    Get this right - I have a problem with being searched like a criminal before getting on a plane, period. I have a problem with having to empty my pockets, take off my belt and buckle, park all of my belongings, including my freakin' SHOES, in a box that goes through a scanner. I have a problem with TSA goons going through my carry-on, telling me that my bottle of shampoo is an oz. over the limit, confiscating my nail clippers, and making me turn on my laptop to prove it actually works. I have a problem with being told to stand with my arms outstretched while some moron wands me and decides that I also have to remove my wedding band because it might be setting off the alarm.

    Now, if I was sweating bullets, chewing my nails to the quick, pacing like a lab rat in a cage...if I looked like a dark-skinned Middle Eastern guy...if I paid cash for my one-way ticket and had no baggage...if my flight had originated in Syria...THEN maybe TSA would like to take a closer look at me.

    Screw the airlines and screw the TSA...and screw the federal government for using 9/11 to take away our Constitutional rights with the Patriot Act.
    You seem to be contradicting yourself. You say you dont mind putting your piece in checked luggage, and not being able to carry concealed on board a plane. But, you dont like being checked at the gate to ensure that you and your fellow passengers are not tying to sneak a weapon on board.

    Might be time for a realility check. Not everyone is as honest as you or I, or as we percieve ourself to be. We have to suffer through these checks because there have been less than honest people that have smuggled illegal weapons on board planes, and in a few cases those trips turned out bad. And because as a majority or nation has turned into a bunch of ******* (generally speaking). The terrorists were able to take over two different planes, on 9/11, using box cutters. Maybe if there were a few more people in our once great land that werent so worried about PC, and getting a little scratch from a blade, the terrorists would have never made it to the cockpit.

    My idea of being able to take classes and background checks to be able to carry a weapon on board an aircraft was just an idea on how to make the situation better. Once you have taken and passed the checks then you get some form of identification that you can show to the TSA people at the gate then you can pass through freely without being searched (because you can carry a weapon), and let me reiterate that the weapon you carry would have to be a nonprojectile type that would not effect the integrity of the hull of the aircraft (so you dont inadvertantly blast a hole in the side causing bad stuff to happen). I believe that just like carrying a concealed firearm on the streets, that by having some form of weapon while flying will help give you the upper hand against a would be terrorist trying to hijack the plane. Also, if the terrorists knew that there were people on board with weapons it would also be a psychological deterant.

    Should I also bring up how effective gun free zones are, like schools? No weapons allowed there either, and that seems to be working fine IF we can train people who volunteer not to stand idle while some guy tries to take over a plane with a razorblade, then why not? Wouldn't you rather be surrounded by able bodied individuals ready to react to a threat, than a bunch of scared people unwilling to make a move?

  9. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Butner, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    362
    I really don't care what a bunch of "Camel Drivers" don't like. After 9/11/01, I'm surprised we even allow them on board!

  10. #39
    I don't really care what they like or object to. I would just like a religous scholar to point out exactly where in the Quran the words 'body scan" appear.

  11. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Dixie
    Posts
    1,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hamberger View Post
    I really don't care what a bunch of "Camel Drivers" don't like. After 9/11/01, I'm surprised we even allow them on board!
    lol.... I haven't heard that one, but I have heard "camel jockey's"...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 301
    Last Post: 03-08-2015, 06:53 PM
  2. H 3003 In House Judiciary Committee
    By Red Hat in forum South Carolina Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-30-2009, 03:43 PM
  3. TSA Weighs Airport Gun Ban
    By lukem in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 11:39 PM
  4. Federal Judge Upholds Gun Ban at Atlanta airport
    By {TEX}Hawaii(( in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-18-2008, 08:34 PM
  5. Federal Judge Upholds Gun Ban at Atlanta airport
    By {TEX}Hawaii(( in forum Georgia Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-17-2008, 01:27 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast