Airport body scanners violate Islamic law, Muslims say - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Airport body scanners violate Islamic law, Muslims say

All this flurry was precipitated by a guy who stuffed explosives in his crotch. The surface scanner wouldn't necessarily have seen this past the overlying "tissue" into the hidden area. Only, chemical detection or a strip search would have found it. I don't think making a big deal about deploying this expensive device is useful. So, set it up and if anyone wants to delay their departure by submitting to a pat down, which wouldn't detect small amounts of explosives hidden in the crotch or a body cavity anyway, so be it. Sniffer dogs or electronic chemical detection would be a faster, better, and possible cheaper alternative. That combined with Israeli style profiling would be a more effective overall deterrent. IMHO

So I guess they won't fly in America! Problem solved.

I suppose the scanners and pat downs makes it darned hard to get those bombs on board the planes! I refuse to fly for one simple reason....I refuse to trust my safety and well-being to someone who doesn't trust ME with a pocket knife!

5. No Scan = No Fly

Everyone boarding the plane must swear by Ala that they will do no harm to the plane or anyone aboard. To the rest of us it will mean nothing but the Muslims will be bound by their oath. Won't take the oath? Can't board the plane. Naw, these people have no honor. What was I thinking?
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

Don't Agree with the Muslim Posturing, but...

I've seen the photos of the results of these scans and, while not overly explicit, I can't help but think that I wouldn't want my wife or daughters passing through one of these things.

Regarding TSA, in theory it is supposed to be a professional government security organization, but if you've never been through Detroit Metro, most of the people working for TSA seem more like your average Taco Bell employee. My wife won't fly anymore after a particularly invasive body pat-down by a TSA female employee. These days, having physical searches by members of the same sex is not necessarily a guarantee against sexual harassment....

I personally love to fly, but I'm beginning to detest the entire airport system. I understand the need for reasonable security measures, but I wonder if these measures of screening at airports are little more than window dressing for a fundamentally flawed security system. Who really believes that terrorists will attempt to use bypassing passenger screening for their next attack? There are so many other ways (baggage handlers, airport caterers, even TSA itself) to get around the system. I know that there are alternatives to flying and, when not on business trips, I drive.

harley97wg

I DO NOT CARE WHAT THERE BELIEF IS, GO TO THE AIRPORT PLAY BY THE RULES OR WALK OR DRIVE TO YOUR PLACE YOU WANT TO BE. THIS IS A NEW WORLD WATCH THE NEWS, TODAY ANOTHER ROAD-SIDE BOMB WILL KILL AMERICAN SON/DAUGHTERS OR INNOCENT LOCALS. hOW DOES A TERORIST SLEEP AT NIGHT WHEN THERE BOMB HAS KILLED A CHILD OR ANYONE.

Then let those that refuse the scanners/body search walk, drive, or row.
    Last edited by jcrocker4; 03-06-2010 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Added to statement

10. The Mullahs and their 'self appointed' Men do their 'Patdowns' OFTEN in their own culture. It is expected of them, if they see a woman or group of women walking....without a man, especially a big mean looking man,with a Gun..

America respects your religion

I have no problem respecting your religion. You want to fly on this aircraft? Your choice. Scanner or strip search.
    Peace through superior firepower.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast