Gotta read

Thread: Gotta read

Gotta read

Stories about children and their views of the world are always touching. ·

A father watched his young daughter playing in the garden. He smiled as he reflected on how sweet and pure his little girl was.

Tears formed in his eyes as he thought about her seeing the wonders of nature through such innocent eyes.

Suddenly she just stopped and stared at the ground. He went over to her to see what work of God had captured her attention.

He noticed she was looking at two spiders mating.

'Daddy, what are those two spiders doing?' she asked.

'They're mating,' her father replied.

'What do you call the spider on top?' she asked.

"a Daddy Longlegs,' her father answered.

'So, the other one is a Mommy Longlegs?' the little girl asked.

As his heart soared with the joy of such a cute and innocent question he replied, 'No dear. Both of them are Daddy Longlegs.'

'The little girl, looking a little puzzled, thought for a moment, then lifted her foot and stomped them flat.

'Well”, she said, “that may be OK in California , but we're not having any of that ***** in Missouri!

"Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    Stories about children and their views of the world are always touching. ·

A father watched his young daughter playing in the garden. He smiled as he reflected on how sweet and pure his little girl was.

Tears formed in his eyes as he thought about her seeing the wonders of nature through such innocent eyes.

Suddenly she just stopped and stared at the ground. He went over to her to see what work of God had captured her attention.

He noticed she was looking at two spiders mating.

'Daddy, what are those two spiders doing?' she asked.

'They're mating,' her father replied.

'What do you call the spider on top?' she asked.

"a Daddy Longlegs,' her father answered.

'So, the other one is a Mommy Longlegs?' the little girl asked.

As his heart soared with the joy of such a cute and innocent question he replied, 'No dear. Both of them are Daddy Longlegs.'

'The little girl, looking a little puzzled, thought for a moment, then lifted her foot and stomped them flat.

'Well”, she said, “that may be OK in California , but we're not having any of that ***** in Missouri!

By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

What's wrong with spiders mating in MO? I thought it was the "show me" state.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    What's wrong with spiders mating in MO? I thought it was the "show me" state.
    Indeed, nature is nature. Human interpretations and emotions are often applied to natural behaviors of animals. However, the interpretations are quite misdirected.

Animals don't think like humans. They don't have a moral code as we think of it. If it's possible, then it's allowed. It's the widest definition of freedom possible.

TM,,,I'm laughing. Not reading any political subliminal message in it. Just funny. Thanks !!
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

The kind of "freedom" they exercise in Kalafornicate i.e. perversion I can do with out.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

lol nice.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

ha ha ha ha ha good one!

Yea, me too thats to funny to see any thing else about it!! I may have to go else where on line now my stomach really really hurts from laughing,,:

Good one!

And I wonder if the little girl's dad explained to her after he seen her mash them thinking they were two males, that one was male and one was female, but that both male and female Pholcus phalangioides are called "daddy" longlegs?

Oh, wait, that would ruin the "joke".

From the wording in some of the replies, others appear to think they were two males also. LOL