Citibank Refusing to Process Firearms Transactions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Citibank Refusing to Process Firearms Transactions

Thumbs down Citibank Refusing to Process Firearms Transactions

If you have a CITI bank credit card you might think about canceling it especially if you want to use it for buying a firearm.

http://cryptogon.com/?p=1852
    Citi Merchant Services and First Data Corp. are refusing to process any credit card transactions between federally licensed firearms retailers, distributors and manufacturers a move which will severely limit available inventory of firearms and ammunition to military, law enforcement and law-abiding Americans.
    A little more info.

http://confederateyankee.mu.nu/archives/251522.php

Citi Merchant and First Data Corp's Backdoor Gun Control
    Citi Merchant Services and First Data Corp has decided to implement their own form of gun control, refusing to process credit card transactions between firearms retailers, distributors, and manufacturers, according to a press release issued by the National Shooting Sports Foundation, a trade association for the firearms industry (h/t Hot Air).
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

This is scary stuff....imagine not the government infringing our rights, but private financiers doing it for them....cash will once again be king.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

I think it is ridiculous,but not surprising.Time to boycott their companies.

I'm just glad that Dave Ramsey got me off of credit cards for good....
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

I have an equity line thought them. Maybe I should decide not to pay back any debts to companies that won't process FFL transactions. lol probably won't get away with that but I was wanting to refinance anyway. I'll make sure they knew why I will no longer use them for any financing in the future!

Thanks for the post I just filled out a application for a Citi card, and have not as yet mailed it in. I will be greasing my shredder, with that application today.:)
    An armed society is a polite society.

Paragraph #3 is a meaningless justification. Citi is not a law enforcement agency, and they are not required to monitor adherence to gun control laws; as long as they process the transaction in good faith, it is the responsibility of the buyer(s) and seller(s) to adhere to the GCA. Interstate FFL transactions are a well-established procedure.

They need to open a new department, CitiFascism...

If I had one it would certainly be time for a new credit card. This is not very smart on their part. I would think as many credit card offers I get everyday it is a very competitive market. Losing customers over something like this is just stupid. Not to mention the other stupid issues with this policy.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Suggestion

Send their Board of Directors a voided credit application (unsigned) with a note citing you don't want their card since they don't want your business or support the Constitution.
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

11. They will regret this move in the long run. Telling a person what they may bay with their card is way out of line. Of coarse most bad guys use their card when buying gun on the black market.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast