I hate guns
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I hate guns

I hate guns

My daughter has arrived for a visit. She brought a friend along. I told this young woman I enjoyed the shooting sports. "I hate guns" was her reply.

We had a good discussion.

I put on the table a few of those "evil" handguns. This young woman handled all those dangerous firearms, and to her surprise, not one accidentally discharged, like she had been led to believe by the Main Stream Media.

I showed her how safe they were, and easy to operate. All the time stressing the rules of firearm safety.

Later on this week, we are all going to the range to further her indoctrination into the shooting sports. We will start with the buckmark, in 22 LR and work our way up to the T/C contender in 30.30. A pistol with a punch.

I believe I have found another supporter for our cause.

"Hate" is such a strong word. I'm glad she was able to overcome her feelings and learn about firearms from a responsible firearm owner.

Have fun shooting later this week!

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

I have had occasion to take quite a few fence-sitters (some who were pretty far on the other side) to the range with me and in 100% of the cases they have become gun enthusiasts. One lady bought a gun the very next weekend. People don't realize how much fun they are - and how safe they have become compared to the old single-actions that you had to keep the hammer on an empty chamber.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

Good, very good....
    Semper Fi

Good job! Every one we convert is one we dont have to battle.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

When someone says "I hate guns", it sometimes means "I don't understand guns and that scares me because I know they can hurt me."
    Good on you for helping someone understand guns. Next time one of their friends or accquaintances says something like that, hopefully they'll speak up and enlighten them too.

Excellent recruiting work iceman!!

In the past I've used the "TOOL" angle to convert some. A firearm is merely a tool. If handled properly, a safe and fun tool. It's just another a tool in ones tool box of life skills to be utilized as one deems necessary. Some have grasped the idea, some just walk away shaking their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    In the past I've used the "TOOL" angle to convert some. A firearm is merely a tool. If handled properly, a safe and fun tool. It's just another a tool in ones tool box of life skills to be utilized as one deems necessary. Some have grasped the idea, some just walk away shaking their heads.
    Ah.. I used that same angle when introducing my daughter the world of firearms... I used this analogy; I told her a handgun is like a stapler... The stapler isn't going to discharge a staple unless you press down on it. In the same way, a gun will not fire unless you pull the trigger. She thought about it for a second... and said "that makes perfect sense! Why should I be afraid of guns". She now owns a Diamondback DB380

I always ask such folks "do you have smoke detectors?". Usual answer is "yes". "Have you ever had a house fire?" Usual answer "no". I tell them the same works with firearms. There's no adequate substitute when you "need" one.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast