NYPD Cops Shoot

Thread: NYPD Cops Shoot

NYPD Cops Shoot

NYPD cops shoot, kill man pointing toy gun after he refuses orders to drop it

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/03/08/2010-03-08_cops_shoot_dead_man_pointing_suspected_toy_gun_ after_he_refuses_orders_to_drop_i.html#ixzz0hdJGhN d6

Tough situation for the LEO, Community to be in...
    Semper Fi

It's shame, suicide by cop but had the gun been real what were the alternatives. Especially so close to a school. The thing about the story that chaffs my back side is they're sure to mention the Officer that did the shooting had only 2 years on the job. Instead of supporting the Officer, the media is so quick to judge.

TWO ROUND BURSTS.

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    It's shame, suicide by cop but had the gun been real what were the alternatives. Especially so close to a school. The thing about the story that chaffs my back side is they're sure to mention the Officer that did the shooting had only 2 years on the job. Instead of supporting the Officer, the media is so quick to judge.

TWO ROUND BURSTS.

I totally agree with you. How long does someone have to be on the job for it to be ok? What difference does that make? He obviously made the state of New York believe he was capable of making sound decisions and performing his duties, regardless of his experience. They got a call because a man had a gun in front of a school. When they arrived, this man pointed it at the two cops and wouldn't listen to them. Not being LEO, I can't say for sure, but I'm sure that if it were me, I wouldn't get close enough to get the serial number off the gun before I defended myself, my partner, and a yard full of school kids.

Something bad happened, but it could have easily been prevented with common sense. There are plenty of toy guns that don't look like they could be real. You don't walk around in front of a school trying to give people the false impression that you are carrying a gun in your hand, especially with kids outside. You listen to the cops, especially when they have drawn on you. Screw the media, they don't care about the facts.

It sure sounds like he wanted to die.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7