Homeless Fort Worth man charged with 2001 rape

Thread: Homeless Fort Worth man charged with 2001 rape

This is why everyone and especially women need to own a gun and be well trained in its use. This is another case in the failure of the judicial system. This sleeze ball should never have been on the street.

Homeless Fort Worth man charged with 2001 rape | Crime and Safety | News from Fort Worth...

Posted Monday, Mar. 08, 2010 Print Share Share Buzz up! Reprints

BY DEANNA BOYD

[email protected]

FORT WORTH — For Jeffery Williams, history has a way of repeating itself.

For the fourth time in almost three decades, the 46-year-old frequently homeless man sits in a jail cell, accused of sexual assault.

When Williams was a teen in New Jersey, he pleaded guilty to a sexual assault charge and was sentenced to a youth correction facility.

As a homeless adult in Fort Worth, he was accused in two cases: one in 1994 and the other 2007. Both times, Williams pleaded guilty to lesser charges as part of agreements with the state. In one case, a felony sexual assault charge was pleaded down to a misdemeanor assault charge.

The fourth time came last week when Williams was charged with sexual assault after a DNA database linked him to the November 2001 rape of a 25-year-old woman inside her Fort Worth apartment.

In an interview Friday at the Tarrant County Jail, Williams insisted that he has never raped a woman. He attributed the repeated charges to his drug addiction and the people associated with it.

“When you deal with drug addicts and you’re a drug addict, you’re going to get burned, and unfortunately, it happened to me four times,” Williams said. “It’s called getting even, and it worked.

“I didn’t rape nobody. I did not force nobody to have sex with me,” he said.

Sgt. Cheryl Johnson, supervisor of the Fort Worth sex crimes unit, described Williams as a “predator.”

“Predators prey on the weak and available,” Johnson said. “Now that the predator is caught, he is trying to find any way out.”

1981 case

Williams was 17 in June 1981 when he was first arrested for sexual assault after he broke into a house in Englewood, N.J., and sexually assaulted a woman.

According to Bergen County court records, Williams pleaded guilty in March 1982 to a sexual assault charged, and in exchange, prosecutors dropped additional charges of aggravated sexual assault and burglary. He was sentenced to a youth correctional center for a maximum of seven years.

On Friday, Williams said that he had used drugs and had consensual sex with the woman and that she falsely accused him of rape after her roommate walked in on them. He said he accepted the plea agreement “because I was facing a large amount of time” in prison.

Williams said he served three years in the youth correctional facility before being released on parole. He later failed a drug test and was sent to an adult prison in February 1987, serving another year and a half.

The documents in the New Jersey case file noted that Williams had a poor family background and limited intellectual ability and noted the “heinous and violent nature” of his crime. If not severely dealt with, the note stated, there was a likelihood that Williams “might commit other offenses of this nature.”

Move to Tarrant

After his parents’ death, he followed a friend to Tarrant County in search of a job, Williams said. He found more trouble.

In 1991, he was sentenced to 93 days in jail on a misdemeanor conviction of indecent exposure he exposed himself and masturbated outside a south Fort Worth apartment complex. Williams said he had accidentally locked himself out of his residence and denies that he was masturbating.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    This is why everyone and especially women need to own a gun and be well trained in its use. This is another case in the failure of the judicial system. This sleeze ball should never have been on the street.
    I'll bet that if this sb did a Congressman/Senators daughter there would be a different story. This kind of story DOES PISS ME OFF.
    Semper Fi

It also goes to show that you may never know who shows up at your doorstep. Be prepared.