The Pissed Off Party - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Pissed Off Party

Abbie Hoffman proposed the same thing in the 1960's - "never vote for an incumbant - no good can come from it."

I thought it was a good idea then and I think it is a good idea today.

Is this the same Abbie Hoffman that swallowed 150 Phenobarbital tablets?

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Is this the same Abbie Hoffman that swallowed 150 Phenobarbital tablets?
    His knowledge of self-medication is rivaled only by his marketing acumen:
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Blog Entries
    I agree with Utrimmer.

It would be just fine voting for incumbents, as long as they continue to stick to their principals.

Ohio's Congressman Charlie Wilson is another to add to the "Needs to Go" list.

Also Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown should top the list.
    “Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

Debray-What about Dennis the Menace? I think Abbie and him took a few TRIPS together. They warned them NOT to take that crap!

I agree with the OP. We have been indoctrinated into believing that the Government runs on a 2 party system.
    I say bull______! Its We the People, not We The Parties.
    The House was supposed to be made up of Citizen Legislators serving every 2 years from their local districts.
    They vote based on what the folks back home feel.
    This has been bastardized into the Party Planks.
    Now we have disconnected nameless faceless unelected "PARTY" officials telling the "elected" House of Representatives which way to vote.
    The Party officials get their marching orders by whom ever pays them the most money.

Remember - roughly 66% of people even vote.
    Of that 66% 1/2 of them will vote D or R no matter what as they are the Party's.
    That leaves the other half that will actually determine the winner.

The OP's father and I are Pissed because for our entire lives we have been told "its not polite to discuss politics or religion". Well guess who had the most to gain by shutting us up. The people that were in power and it worked because they have retained power for so long we don't know any better.

The Current Ruling Class has the Press, Hollywood, Lawyers and the Education System on their side to make sure they keep power. It is time to send them a message.
    Get involved in politics, rallies, write to your representatives, take a hard look at TEA and GOOOH movements, go to a meeting, talk to your freinds and family. But do something and VOTE like you've never voted before.

If you are perfectly happy with the way things are now, please disregard this message.

8. P.o.p.p.

After reading that email that went around the world and back. I put together a group based on the ideas in it called "Pissed Off People Party". You can find it on Facebook @ Pissed Off People Party | Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by golocx4 View Post
    I agree with the OP. We have been indoctrinated into believing that the Government runs on a 2 party system.
    I say bull______! Its We the People, not We The Parties.
    The House was supposed to be made up of Citizen Legislators serving every 2 years from their local districts.
    They vote based on what the folks back home feel.
    This has been bastardized into the Party Planks.
    Now we have disconnected nameless faceless unelected "PARTY" officials telling the "elected" House of Representatives which way to vote.
    The Party officials get their marching orders by whom ever pays them the most money.

Remember - roughly 66% of people even vote.
    Of that 66% 1/2 of them will vote D or R no matter what as they are the Party's.
    That leaves the other half that will actually determine the winner.

The OP's father and I are Pissed because for our entire lives we have been told "its not polite to discuss politics or religion". Well guess who had the most to gain by shutting us up. The people that were in power and it worked because they have retained power for so long we don't know any better.

The Current Ruling Class has the Press, Hollywood, Lawyers and the Education System on their side to make sure they keep power. It is time to send them a message.
    Get involved in politics, rallies, write to your representatives, take a hard look at TEA and GOOOH movements, go to a meeting, talk to your freinds and family. But do something and VOTE like you've never voted before.

If you are perfectly happy with the way things are now, please disregard this message.
    Agree... I tried it this weekend with a meal grace I was asked to say. It went over well...
    I mentioned God and vote out the democraps in the same breath...

Holding my nose at the polls is over. I am getting involved at the local level and going from there. I also intend to attend the Tea Party meetings here in town and meet some of the candidates being proposed for local and state government. I volunteered to assist with campaigns I believe will make a difference.

I'd like to feel like there is a way back from the edge we are close to falling over.

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12