Got my Census in the mail today - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got my Census in the mail today

One of the options under RACE was: BLACK, AFRICAN AMERICAN, NEGRO...........Now there's one that will stump some people for awhile.

Why is Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish origin singled out? Trying to find out where a voting base is I guess...

No, not of Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish origin
    Yes, Cuban
    Yes, Mexican, Mexican Am., Chicano
    Yes, Puerto Rican
    Yes, another Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish origin – Print origin, for example,
    Argentinean, Colombian, Dominican, Nicaraguan, Salvadoran, Spaniard,
    and so on.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

This has been bastardized, as usual, into a free demographic lay out of each district within the US. Politicians no longer have to spend money on figuring out who's in the district. WHO but our government would ultimately play the race card!

Sorry state of affairs that his once great country has become.
    THOSE THAT PRODUCE ARE PENELIZED
    THOSE THAT DON'T PRODUCE ARE SUBSIDIZED
    THSOE THAT COMPLAINE MOST ABOUT THE WHO PRODUCE ARE CANONIZED

WHERE HAS MY COUNTRY GONE?

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    One of the options under RACE was: BLACK, AFRICAN AMERICAN, NEGRO...........Now there's one that will stump some people for awhile.
    I wonder how they would classify the "African British", "African Canadian", "African Mexican", etc. If they're legally here in the U.S., then they still count in for the U.S. Census right?

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

How come they didn't ask:

.45 vs 9mm

Ginger vs Mary Ann

Springfield vs Kimber

I filled out the form, and sent it in. I may of told the truth. Now, will they leave me alone so I can cling to my Guns and religion?

Hey Red Hat: I understand your comment on American vs Native American. Sorry but I am a Native American. I may be white but the last I looked I was born and bred in America--ipso facto I am a Native American. Tired of all these "f" word labels anyway. Isn't amazing how our more "chosen and entitled" people have a series of choices--I have a friend from South Africa who cannot, for obvious reasons, call himself an "African American"--sick and tired that everyone has to be a hyphenated american. Sick and tired that you have to be a dem or a repub--that is wrong with this country--we are not AMERICANS anymore. Wonder what the loose lug nut in the whitehouse writes in--no category for some of the words that I like to use to describe the piece of garbage.

I thought the questions were to much also, until I started thinking about the 2000 census. Believe it or not the 2010 census has far fewer questions on it and no one seemed to complain then. Take a look at the 2000 census:

Census 2000 Questionnaire Questions

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    I thought the questions were to much also, until I started thinking about the 2000 census. Believe it or not the 2010 census has far fewer questions on it and no one seemed to complain then. Take a look at the 2000 census:

That's true. I think the reason it's such a big topic now is that this is the first time that just about everyone has access to the internet, talk radio and cable news. These outlets have informed people more than any time in history. You are correct that it has happened before. In fact this has been the norm for a long time. I went back 220 years and every form has similar questions.

1990 Census Questions and Instructions

1980 Census Questions and Instructions

1970 Census Questions and Instructions

1960 Census Questions and Instructions

Questions from the 1950 Census of Population and Housing, Form P-1

Census Questions (1940)

The USGenWeb Census Project - 1930 Census Transcribing Help

Blank 1920 Federal Census Forms

http://www.ancestry.com/save/charts/1910.pdf

http://www.ancestry.com/save/charts/1900.pdf

http://www.accessgenealogy.com/censu...ensusforms.htm 1790 to 1930 Census forms
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey Red Hat: I understand your comment on American vs Native American. Sorry but I am a Native American. I may be white but the last I looked I was born and bred in America--ipso facto I am a Native American. Tired of all these "f" word labels anyway. Isn't amazing how our more "chosen and entitled" people have a series of choices--I have a friend from South Africa who cannot, for obvious reasons, call himself an "African American"--sick and tired that everyone has to be a hyphenated american. Sick and tired that you have to be a dem or a repub--that is wrong with this country--we are not AMERICANS anymore. Wonder what the loose lug nut in the whitehouse writes in--no category for some of the words that I like to use to describe the piece of garbage.

Your friend...is a TRUE African American...if he is a citizen here now. Those folks who are black and born here...are NOT African American...they are plain old Americans

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post

There was a lot of complaints about the long form in 2000 as well. But it seems on 1 in 6 households received it.

Differnce in forms

How come our Government can actually generate a survey to practice RACIAL PROFILING? What ever happened to the non discrimination clause of the Constitution. How come TSA, LEO's and other agencies cannot profile, but the census can ask to aid in the act of profiling? Just a few questions arising in my mind.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast