Got my Census in the mail today - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got my Census in the mail today

1. For the race category, check Other and write in Human

3. Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    I thought the questions were to much also, until I started thinking about the 2000 census. Believe it or not the 2010 census has far fewer questions on it and no one seemed to complain then. Take a look at the 2000 census:

Census 2000 Questionnaire Questions
    I don't know about that, I seem to recall quite a lot of complaining about the 2000 census. Maybe it just depended which scaremongering right wing talk radio host we were listening to
    Slow is Steady
    Steady is Fast

4. Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey Red Hat: I understand your comment on American vs Native American. Sorry but I am a Native American. I may be white but the last I looked I was born and bred in America--ipso facto I am a Native American. Tired of all these "f" word labels anyway. Isn't amazing how our more "chosen and entitled" people have a series of choices--I have a friend from South Africa who cannot, for obvious reasons, call himself an "African American"--sick and tired that everyone has to be a hyphenated american. Sick and tired that you have to be a dem or a repub--that is wrong with this country--we are not AMERICANS anymore. Wonder what the loose lug nut in the whitehouse writes in--no category for some of the words that I like to use to describe the piece of garbage.
    Agreed.
    Slow is Steady
    Steady is Fast

applications

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Nope.......Name, Rank and Serial number. Oops wrong thread. I just gave them Name/Sex ( No option for occasional). That was it. For a Gov'r that preaches integration and "Cannot discriminate" they sure as hell want to know if your a non-Caucasian. Divide and conquer. All they need to ask is "How many Americans live in your house"? Anthing else is un American!
    I remember in 1968 when I had to fill out the paperwork for the draft. And yes the sex question. Then there was just a space to fill in M or F, but we would fill in by writing: "Not today" or "maybe later". The clerks at the desk didn't find any of our answers amusing. I think when I fill out the census questions about sex I'll add some other comments instead of a simple M or F.

I got my form in the mail today. I will only be answering two questions.

Q1 - Why haven't we received your form?
    A1 - I mailed it. The same people that want to run my health care must have lost it.

Q2 - May I come in? or May I ask you a few questions?
    A2 - Get off my property.

I dont have a problem with the questions per se. My objection is to the redistribution of wealth that will be based on the answers. Besides, most of the info they want to know will be on my IRS 1040 form. How about we only have to submit one of those every 10 years?

The justification for the home ownership question is just ludicrous. Census.gov says that the ratio of home owners gives them a good idea of the health of the economy. News flash - it sucks!!! If they need the census to tell them that, it explains why JOBS isn't the number one priority in Washington.

Christopher Walken skit on answering the census:
    YouTube - how to complete a census
    Right Arm of Wyoming - RKBA rock and roll.
    http://www.rightarmofwyoming.com

hey ronwill: It is not that the questions are any more or less than before, it is the piece of garbage in the whitehouse who is deciding the future of this country in a way that no one has ever seen before. As far as I'm concerned he has turned this country into his own little dictatorship with the help of the ugly beast from san francisco and the dried prune from nevada. I detest and hate them with a passion and this is one of my only opportunities to at least stick my finger out at them, as small and as insignigicant as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by UpStateNY View Post
    I remember in 1968 when I had to fill out the paperwork for the draft. And yes the sex question. Then there was just a space to fill in M or F, but we would fill in by writing: "Not today" or "maybe later". The clerks at the desk didn't find any of our answers amusing. I think when I fill out the census questions about sex I'll add some other comments instead of a simple M or F.
    My preferred answer to this question is "O-Boy" or "Often"

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

I just got mine. I'm moving out of a rental property into a place with a mortgage payment in 2 weeks so that leads us to the concept for the day.

Plausible Deniability

"Oh I must have already been gone when it came in the mail, just didn't get that address change in fast enough with the P.O."

You guys beat me to the sex joke, I would have written, "As often as possible"

By Law.. How many questions do you have to answer?? I heard just the 1st four.. Do you have to go beyond that.. I received the short form..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast