Got my Census in the mail today - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Got my Census in the mail today

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    By Law.. How many questions do you have to answer?? I heard just the 1st four.. Do you have to go beyond that.. I received the short form..
    I didn't know there was a legal mandate to answer any of the questions. Just knew that had to be conducted every ten years.

I thought the only one by law you have to answer is how many people live there?

by the way what happens if my form was accidentally thrown away? my parents got their census I think 2 days ago and they only live a few doors down so I am assuming mine came too.. the thing that makes me wonder is.. my wife loves to throw things away.. she is not american so not familiar with the census.. so she may have thrown it away thinking it was junk mail.. so if she did.. now what??
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

They will come knocking at your DOOR. If a residence in in their data base and they rteceive no reply. A worker (being kind) will ring the door bell and query who ever answers the door. Keeping in mind that FOX is running a story that the "NEW" Census program with all the high tech gadgets are not working and will cost the TAX PAYING American public additional billons. For a government that wants to run my health care, they can't even get the census right after a TEN YEAR period. GOD save us, he's the only one left.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I thought the only one by law you have to answer is how many people live there?

by the way what happens if my form was accidentally thrown away? my parents got their census I think 2 days ago and they only live a few doors down so I am assuming mine came too.. the thing that makes me wonder is.. my wife loves to throw things away.. she is not american so not familiar with the census.. so she may have thrown it away thinking it was junk mail.. so if she did.. now what??
    I believe you can download it off the net.. (chose the short form)

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

hey scarecrow: If first mailing does not get answered, I believe a second mailing will be made. In any event, eventually a representative of census will visit your home for info.
    PS: Questions are really no big deal except for race, which has no bearing on anything--I answered 'OTHER" wrote in "native american"--last I remembered I was born and bred here so I am as native american as anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    I didn't know there was a legal mandate to answer any of the questions. Just knew that had to be conducted every ten years.
    Here's the law:

13 U.S.C. 221, and states:

(a) Whoever, being over eighteen years of age, refuses or willfully neglects, when requested by the Secretary, or by any other authorized officer or employee of the Department of Commerce or bureau or agency thereof acting under the instructions of the Secretary or authorized officer, to answer, to the best of his knowledge, any of the questions on any schedule submitted to him in connection with any census or survey provided for by subchapters I, II, IV, and V of chapter of this title, applying to himself or to the family to which he belongs or is related, or to the farm or farms of which he or his family is the occupant, shall be fined not more than $100.

(b) Whoever, when answering questions described in subsection (a) of this section, and under the conditions or circumstances described in such subsection, willfully gives any answer that is false, shall be fined not more than $500.

(c) Notwithstanding any other provision of this title, no person shall be compelled to disclose information relative to his religious beliefs or to membership in a religious body.

Personally, after looking over the form, I can't see any info request that is out of the ordinary. It doesn't ask for religious affiliation, SSN or anything like that. It simply gathers info about race and age. This is used in demographics for many reasons.

Not in my Country! We're Americans or we're not. Don't give a rats backside about race. It's just another way to divide and pander. This is just one of the many things that have brought this Great Country into decline. I fully agree with head count-That's it. Anything else is a biases against other races and should not be allowed by our Government. HENCE the whole idea in asking your race is to segregate and pander. Constitution and the Bill of Rights are very specific about this.

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining" John Wayne

I did not answer all the questions.. I answered the 1st four, then one male, one female, and for both indicated American (US) for race. Native American would indicate American Indian, So I went with something different...

IF a census taker comes to the door.. I plan to follow the advice/form provided in the following link..
    Did you know that the Privacy Act of 1974 empowers citizens to require full, written disclosure from a gov't official who seeks information???

Read more here "Public Servant Questionaire"

If they won't legally answer the questions - Neither will I

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Let the fascists in Washington figure what I mean when I write native american. The whole census is beiing funded by the Chinese anyway. I think DC is spending several hundred million on stupid ads, a letter telling me a letter is coming etc etc. The money is all borrowed from China anyway so why to they give a crap about how much is spent; afterall these days a couple of hundred million is just chump change. Hey guys--germany 1930 is almost here--all we need now is the establishment of the public police force (oh I'm sorry PC guys--the citizens watch group--just look at the actions of SEIU and Acorn who are ready to take up the challenge)--obviously congress and the supreme court do not mean anything to this piece of crap. "You vill do vat I say or else off to da camp for reprogramming".

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234