ACORN Disbanding? Say it isn't so!

Thread: ACORN Disbanding? Say it isn't so!

ACORN Disbanding? Say it isn't so!

ACORN Spokesman Says Group Is Disbanding - Politics News Story - KITV Honolulu

ACORN Spokesman Says Group Is Disbanding
    National Community Activist Group Breaking Up Amid Falling Revenues

POSTED: 11:10 am HST March 22, 2010
    UPDATED: 11:32 am HST March 22, 2010

CHICAGO --

A spokesman for the once mighty community activist group ACORN says the group is disbanding.

National ACORN spokesman Kevin Whelan said Monday that the organization's board decided to close remaining state affiliates and field offices by April 1 because of falling revenues. Some other national operations will continue operating for at least several weeks before shutting for good.

Scandal enveloped the organization six months ago when video footage emerged showing ACORN workers giving tax tips to conservative activists posing as a pimp and prostitute.

Several big affiliates, including ACORN New York and California, broke away this year and changed their names in a bid to ditch the tarnished image of their parent organization and restore funding that ran dry in the wake of the video scandal.

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    This could be a good thing, then again, might be bad as now there will be many individual groups out there with no universal identity.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Last I read, they were going to change the name and keep on doing all the good things they were noted for doing.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

I still do not trust them and do believe that the group is just closing down one name and will be back in business as a new group name. And just as sleeeeezzy
    Semper Fi

A little oak tree by any other name...

...will still stink.

This is a front group and it's no longer useful. There will soon be another front group taking its place with many of the same people serving the same masters.

Or:

SSDD
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

The April 1st date makes me doubt the veracity of the statement.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

Kind of like when the Soviet Union changed their name.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Where will I get my good Tax advice for my Pimpin' business now???

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    I still do not trust them and do believe that the group is just closing down one name and will be back in business as a new group name. And just as sleeeeezzy
    something tells me you're right!
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!