You're a felon

Thread: You're a felon

You're a felon

From the Heritage Foundation:

In 1998, an American Bar Association task force estimated that there were over 3,000 federal criminal offenses scattered throughout the 50 titles of the United States Code. Just six years later, that number is estimated to be over 4,000 and Columbia law professor John Coffee estimates that the federal government could use the criminal process to enforce as many as 300,000 federal regulations.

Lavrentiy Beria, the chief of the Soviet security and secret police under Stalin reputedly said, “Show me the man, and I’ll find you the crime.” Our country is by no means a Soviet police state yet, but a federal government empowered with a sprawling code that makes all of us potential criminals is more than just an existential threat to American Liberty

It's ok. No need to be looking over your shoulder...really...
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

OK, let me be the first to use the tin-foil hat reference. You know they're coming. Actually nobody has tin foil any more - it's aluminum. Even paranoids have real enemies.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

4. When you consider the tax code is, in reality, a penal code and if you consider how many "criminals" have been prosecuted with tax violations instead of their "real" crime it's really pretty scary.

I think Robert Heinlein thought of a third house of government

His suggestion was a "House of Repeals."

This house could repeal any law with a 40 vote.

His reasoning was that if you cant convince over 60% of the people a law was any good, it should be repealed.

-Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post

His reasoning was that if you cant convince over 60% of the people a law was any good, it should be repealed.

-Doc
    I like it.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post

-Doc
    I'll go for that...

Peace..
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

I had to turn off Fox last night. Honestly, if I listen and watch it too long, I get very depressed...
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    I had to turn off Fox last night. Honestly, if I listen and watch it too long, I get very depressed...
    That seems to be the running theme with late night news lately.

There was a Tea Party meeting in town this week. I was standing at the greeting table reading some of the material. I had other plans so I was not able to stay for the full meeting. This guy walked up to the greeting table and began looking at all the paperwork. The woman at the desk told him what all the paperwork was for. He looked at her and with a very serious look and tone of voice said "I'm not looking for the permission form to use the facilities lady, I'm looking for the petition to impeach that SOB in office."

Many people are angry. Many people are hurt. Time to get out there and get people fired up. Get active. I volunteered for any campaign activities for the republican or independent candidates. I'll work for the ones that I believe will make a difference.

Peace..
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..