Twenty Reasons Why The U.S. Economy Is Dying And Is Simply Not Going To Recover - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40

Thread: Twenty Reasons Why The U.S. Economy Is Dying And Is Simply Not Going To Recover

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    I used to agree with you, but I now think the reality is otherwise. Recall our recent experience with $5+ gasoline. The entire market collapsed as people became unable to afford gasoline. Also, at somewhere less than $5 / gallon coal gasification becomes profitable, and once in full production we will have fairly expensive but plentiful fuel (notice I am leaving out any future inflation -- a technique Democrats-and some Republicans-have favored in the past ) The immediate result of high and unstable petroleum prices will be an even worse global depression.

    When Israel decides there is nothing to gain by restraint the entire situation in the Middle East will change drastically and permanently.

    The religious have too often interpreted and reinterpreted their beliefs to be reliable for any kind of detailed predictions. Yes, we are in for rough times -- nobody needs superstition to see that, just as nobody is able to provide reliably detailed predictions.
    The religious have too often interpreted and reinterpreted their beliefs to be reliable for any kind of detailed predictions. Yes, we are in for rough times -- nobody needs superstition to see that, just as nobody is able to provide reliably detailed predictions

    I of course do not hold to your belief that scripture is superstition but I will concede that there can be differing views as to what certain prophetic scripture means. Time will tell.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  2.   
  3. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    I was only expressing my opinion. I am a troll for doing so? I wouldn't expect anything less from someone who goes around quoting bible verses. If being a so called "Christian" means being uptight, and judge-mental, I wish no association with the word. I always thought of Jesus representing, love, peace, and harmony. I have a feeling, that when Jesus returns, he is not going to be very happy with his so-called followers.

    Concur

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Real World
    Posts
    7,963
    Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post

    The religious have too often interpreted and reinterpreted their beliefs to be reliable for any kind of detailed predictions. Yes, we are in for rough times -- nobody needs superstition to see that, just as nobody is able to provide reliably detailed predictions.
    Prophecy is the Word of God foretelling future events with 100% accuracy. Of the 600 prophecy's in the bible, all of which were written thousands of years in advance, 300 have already happened with 100% accuracy, leaving no question that the 300 yet to happen will happen with 100% accuracy. Prophecy is the Word of God, God's Word is truth and absolute, therefor prophecy is God revealing worldly events with absolute truth 1000's of years in advance with 100 % accuracy. (or in your words,"able to provide reliably detailed predictions") Prophecy is proof of God and His infinite knowledge, knowing all things. One's fear of God's Word and His truth is a manifestation of superstition.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East of Cleveland.... FAR East !
    Posts
    215
    From what I heard on the news recently, Greece is rioting in the streets. They tried what our government has now done awhile ago and it bit them in the butt HARD. The people are so pissed off right now they are starting to get out of control. Greece! For crying out loud! Foreshadow of what's to come here? hmmmmm.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf". ~George Orwell / Rudyard Kipling

  6. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Prophecy is the Word of God foretelling future events with 100% accuracy. Of the 600 prophecy's in the bible, all of which were written thousands of years in advance, 300 have already happened with 100% accuracy, leaving no question that the 300 yet to happen will happen with 100% accuracy. Prophecy is the Word of God, God's Word is truth and absolute, therefor prophecy is God revealing worldly events with absolute truth 1000's of years in advance with 100 % accuracy. (or in your words,"able to provide reliably detailed predictions") Prophecy is proof of God and His infinite knowledge, knowing all things. One's fear of God's Word and His truth is a manifestation of superstition.
    SNAFU

    If one posts that religious instruction is less than efficacious on this forum a prayer meeting often ensues. As I posted, religious people have interpreted their writings in so many ways for so long that it's a waste of time to discuss it. 600 prophecies, interpreted to have been fulfilled after the fact, are of no use and the wording of those prophecies is so vague there is no universal agreement which historical event they refer to.

    Let's look at the reality of one Bible family: There has been NO real evidence found in the 'Holy Lands' for the existence of many of the figures referred to in the Bible. Not one surviving coin, building cornerstone, foreign correspondence or reference, or anything else about David or Solomon. And that's just one glaring example
    of the lack of material support for the stories in the Bible.

    I have no doubt that after time has passed, religious people will look at their books and give us the old "See, I told you so!"

    As I mentioned above, less than helpful.

    This, BTW, is a thread jack. We should be discussing how our economy is going to change in ways that will permanently and detrimentally change the way we live our lives. That is a fact that is becoming apparent to the most stalwart Obamanoid.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

  7. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by mot mayhem View Post
    From what I heard on the news recently, Greece is rioting in the streets. They tried what our government has now done awhile ago and it bit them in the butt HARD. The people are so pissed off right now they are starting to get out of control. Greece! For crying out loud! Foreshadow of what's to come here? hmmmmm.
    I'm afraid Greece is a good example of what the near future holds. As the world economy is further damaged there will be more countries facing the situation Greece is dealing (poorly) with. Each country is different, so the reactions will not be identical; but hungry and scared people can be counted on to be violent -- that will remain a human constant.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Real World
    Posts
    7,963
    Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    SNAFU

    600 prophecies, interpreted to have been fulfilled after the fact, are of no use and the wording of those prophecies is so vague there is no universal agreement which historical event they refer to.

    Let's look at the reality of one Bible family: There has been NO real evidence found in the 'Holy Lands' for the existence of many of the figures referred to in the Bible. Not one surviving coin, building cornerstone, foreign correspondence or reference, or anything else about David or Solomon. And that's just one glaring example
    of the lack of material support for the stories in the Bible.

    This, BTW, is a thread jack. We should be discussing how our economy is going to change in ways that will permanently and detrimentally change the way we live our lives. That is a fact that is becoming apparent to the most stalwart Obamanoid.

    300 prophecy's, not 600. No prophecy or prediction can be interpreted to have been fulfilled until after the fact. The wording of prophecy is only vague to those who have no knowledge or understanding of what they are reading. It's obvious that you are totally misinformed or have failed to pursue the most recent discoveries confirming the "real evidence" that you claim doesn't exist. The Smithsonian Institute has an overwhelming library of such evidence that you deny exists, and, has stated that the Bible is the #1 history book in existence , "one glaring example," of material in support of the stories in the Bible to verify the truths of history as we know it. And, BTW, just because you choose to ignore or disbelieve the material presented in relation to our economy doesn't make anything a "thread jack". In discussing our economy and ways that it will change the way we live our lives consists of many ideas and opinions, just because you don't like the example won't shut anyone up or out. An open discussion isn't our enemy, ignorance and a mindset closed to such exchange"IS"
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

  9. #18
    I realize your religious sensibilities are hurt, but if you wish to argue the veracity of your superstition you really should start your own thread rather continue to threadjack this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    ...
    This, BTW, is a thread jack. We should be discussing how our economy is going to change in ways that will permanently and detrimentally change the way we live our lives. That is a fact that is becoming apparent to the most stalwart Obamanoid.
    Again, your own thread on the topic or at least take it to PM. I probably won't answer because facts have no place and are ignored when they contradict belief. I don't want to post vitriol or back slap regarding the importance of immaterial belief.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    300 prophecy's, not 600. No prophecy or prediction can be interpreted to have been fulfilled until after the fact. The wording of prophecy is only vague to those who have no knowledge or understanding of what they are reading. It's obvious that you are totally misinformed or have failed to pursue the most recent discoveries confirming the "real evidence" that you claim doesn't exist. The Smithsonian Institute has an overwhelming library of such evidence that you deny exists, and, has stated that the Bible is the #1 history book in existence , "one glaring example," of material in support of the stories in the Bible to verify the truths of history as we know it. And, BTW, just because you choose to ignore or disbelieve the material presented in relation to our economy doesn't make anything a "thread jack". In discussing our economy and ways that it will change the way we live our lives consists of many ideas and opinions, just because you don't like the example won't shut anyone up or out. An open discussion isn't our enemy, ignorance and a mindset closed to such exchange"IS"
    My last word, and I'll simply not answer again (but I won't hide from you by using the ignore list that is so popular here):
    Prophecies that cannot be useful before the events are rather useless; why bother! I don't ignore or disbelieve factual evidence, it's what I use when I make decisions. The fact is that the Bible, and other religious documents are not particularly useful in discerning the true timeline of historical events. Many single episodes described in the Bible either didn't happen at all, or occurred under entirely different circumstances than those described.

    The Smithsonian, and other institutions, wanting to avoid the huge attacks that would certainly follow, have chosen to walk carefully through the minefield of fact vs. faith. Their statement, as I recall, (no I'll not provide a link, you can google as well as I and you can't complain about my links if you get your own) concludes with the assertion that the Bible, while not of great value in historical research, is best usde to define the relationship of God and man.

    I recall thinking that they did a great PR job, but that it would leave their meaning open to misinterpretation. But, that's not my problem.

    Now, if this ridiculous threadjack has not killed it, can you let this thread get back on track?
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

  10. #19
    No matter what one believes it all comes down to faith. Although I believe there is plenty of evidence to prove the exitstence of God it still really comes down to faith. If one believes that there is no God but everything just happened by accident I believe that takes more faith also. In other words as perfect as everything in the universe is for it to have happend all by accident would be greater odds than winning the lotery or being struck by lighting.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  11. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    No matter what one believes it all comes down to faith. Although I believe there is plenty of evidence to prove the exitstence of God it still really comes down to faith. If one believes that there is no God but everything just happened by accident I believe that takes more faith also. In other words as perfect as everything in the universe is for it to have happend all by accident would be greater odds than winning the lotery or being struck by lighting.
    There is nothing “accidental” about the big bang theory or the theory of evolution (neither of which, by the way, exclude the possibility of one or more supernatural beings existing.) And neither requires any faith. They are scientific theories based on the scientific method, which is a rational method of explaining the nature and causes of observable phenomena.

    The big bang theory is premised on our observations of the expansion of the universe and math. The same observations and math that predicts the sunrise, that predicts the location of the stars and planets in the night sky, that allowed us to land on the moon, and that allows us to send satellites to the furthest planets in out universe. It requires no faith whatsoever.

    The theory of evolution is premised on the fact of evolution. Every thing we observe evolves over time. It is a fact, like gravity.

    Both the theory of evolution and the theory of gravity may someday be proven to be inaccurate, but the fact of gravity (things will still fall to the ground regardless of the theory as to why things fall to the ground) and the fact of evolution (things will continue to evolve over time regardless as to the theory of why they evolve over time) will persist. They do not require faith.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast