Twenty Reasons Why The U.S. Economy Is Dying And Is Simply Not Going To Recover - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Twenty Reasons Why The U.S. Economy Is Dying And Is Simply Not Going To Recover

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    There is nothing “accidental” about the big bang theory or the theory of evolution (neither of which, by the way, exclude the possibility of one or more supernatural beings existing.) And neither requires any faith. They are scientific theories based on the scientific method, which is a rational method of explaining the nature and causes of observable phenomena.

The big bang theory is premised on our observations of the expansion of the universe and math. The same observations and math that predicts the sunrise, that predicts the location of the stars and planets in the night sky, that allowed us to land on the moon, and that allows us to send satellites to the furthest planets in out universe. It requires no faith whatsoever.

The theory of evolution is premised on the fact of evolution. Every thing we observe evolves over time. It is a fact, like gravity.

Both the theory of evolution and the theory of gravity may someday be proven to be inaccurate, but the fact of gravity (things will still fall to the ground regardless of the theory as to why things fall to the ground) and the fact of evolution (things will continue to evolve over time regardless as to the theory of why they evolve over time) will persist. They do not require faith.

And the key word you used is theory as in not proven. Evolution theory is so full of holes it looks like Swiss cheese. As far as the big bang theory the same odds that out of a big bang comes the perfect universe and a perfect world where life can be sustained is about the same odds as an explosion in a junk yard creating a perfect Automobile.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    And the key word you used is theory as in not proven. Evolution theory is so full of holes it looks like Swiss cheese. As far as the big bang theory the same odds that out of a big bang comes the perfect universe and a perfect world where life can be sustained is about the same odds as an explosion in a junk yard creating a perfect Automobile.
    A scientific theory is a postulation that has been proven to be reliable by experimentation. A scientific theory, unlike a religious assertion, is not something one just made up to explain an observation. To rise to the level of a scientific theory it must survive repetitive experimentation and validation by people other than those who proposed it in the first place.

Scientist, unlike religious fanatics, recognize that every theory is susceptible to be proven wrong by one result that can be confirmed by repeated experiment. A scientific theory is not a "theory" in the common sense of something unsupported by evidence. A scientific theory is a hypothesis that has been tested and withstood those test. It still may be wrong because the universe of test and results cannot be known. But unlike a religious assertion, which is nothing but a naked hypothesis, a scientific theory has confirmable evidence to support it.

Hopefully, I have all the religious fanatics on ignore.

Meanwhile
    The stock market's six-session streak of gains ended in dramatic fashion as the S&P 500 suffered its worst percentage loss in two months following news that the Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) has levied a charge against Goldman Sachs.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post

You're absolutely correct HK, but the truth frightens those who have no faith, and rightly so. Presenting facts to those that have their mind already made up only confuses them, frustrates them, and frightens them even more. If he's true to his beliefs then he believes in those odds of an explosion in a junkyard creating a perfect automobile, it makes perfectly good sense to him. I think it's time to move on my friend.
    The Most Important Thing That You Can Do In This Life, Is To Determine "WHERE" You Will "LIVE" In The Next Life.

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    Hopefully, I have all the religious fanatics on ignore.
    Proof that our prayers are answered!
    The Most Important Thing That You Can Do In This Life, Is To Determine "WHERE" You Will "LIVE" In The Next Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Proof that our prayers are answered!
    Another one bites the dust

YouTube - Queen - Another One Bites The Dust

Considering the mentality of many who post here, I believe this is a better fit:
    YouTube - Another One Rides The Bus - "Weird Al" Yankovic

(Sometimes a situation is irresistible...)
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    Considering the mentality of many who post here, I believe this is a better fit:
    YouTube - Another One Rides The Bus - "Weird Al" Yankovic

(Sometimes a situation is irresistible...)
    Considering the LACK OF MENTALITY, you would believe it.

I was only expressing my opinion. I am a troll for doing so? I wouldn't expect anything less from someone who goes around quoting bible verses. If being a so called "Christian" means being uptight, and judge-mental, I wish no association with the word. I always thought of Jesus representing, love, peace, and harmony. I have a feeling, that when Jesus returns, he is not going to be very happy with his so-called followers.

Have you ever heard of "the Golden Rule"...treat others as you'd like to be treated? If you don't want anyone "getting in YOUR face", stay out of everyone elses.

You'd be a much happier person if you learned how to less aggressive. ...and, none of what I just posted has anything to do with Christianity, the Bible or passing judgement. It's just common sense!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

11. It was much easier in past years to discuss religious issues in the context of secular occurrences. Too bad that is so today, those that don't want to hear that discussion really don't have any idea what you are missing. One thing for sure, the Bible specifies many of the details of the economic status of the world before His return. Both aspects are very relevant to the topic at hand for anyone that would truly like to discuss the issue.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast