Is Sarah Becoming A Diva? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Sarah Becoming A Diva?

Quote Originally Posted by Marissa View Post
    Those aren't necessarily unreasonable requests. Let's take them one at a time, shall we?

Money- payment for services is standard in a capitolist society
    air fare- she has to get there and it is standard
    a certain size plane- now admittedly, I know nothing about airplanes but maybe she's afraid of little planes or something
    registered under an alias- she'd be mobbed otherwise
    unopened water bottles- public speakers need water
    bendable straws- she can easily drink and still look like a lady and not dump water on herself.

I mean- I like her but I don't LOVE her. But jeez- cut her some slack!
    As I said, I saw nothing wrong with her asking for money or first class tickets for her appearances. The special water request for Still water and "bendy" straws is pushing it a little though. What's wrong with Dasani bottled water or any other kind of bottled water? What next, a certain kind of nuts and only that kind? I'll wait for the rest of the story but this makes her look like a diva. It's my sincere hope that she's not letting her rocket rise to fame get to her.

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    As I said, I saw nothing wrong with her asking for money or first class tickets for her appearances. The special water request for Still water and "bendy" straws is pushing it a little though. What's wrong with Dasani bottled water or any other kind of bottled water? What next, a certain kind of nuts and only that kind? I'll wait for the rest of the story but this makes her look like a diva. It's my sincere hope that she's not letting her rocket rise to fame get to her.
    Perhaps Still water supports a cause she believes in and she wanted to continue supporting that effort while on the speaking tour? I think Marissa addressed the question of "bendy" straws. I know my wife prefers them for the reasons mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Perhaps Still water supports a cause she believes in and she wanted to continue supporting that effort while on the speaking tour? I think Marissa addressed the question of "bendy" straws. I know my wife prefers them for the reasons mentioned.
    Wolfhunter, justification can be used to validate any request but doesn't necessarily make it right. I've said I hope she isn't letting her rise to fame go to her head. This happens quite often when someone goes from virtual anonymity to the fame she has obtained. I truly hope she stays grounded because if she doesn't it will eventually catch up to her.

wolfhunter Guest
    RonWill, if making reasonably justifiable requests makes one a diva, please make a list for me of non-divas. I'm sure it will be a short list.

It would have to consist only of people who have NEVER made a request.

6. I thought Sarah was all about saving money. According to her book "Going Rogue" while governor of Alaska she sold the state aircraft because it was expensive, and too big.

I started out really liking Sarah but it seems to me that all she can do now is throw out blips like : How can you tell a bear from a hockey mom..........Get some new material Sarah.

Quote Originally Posted by IWLAFART View Post
    I thought Sarah was all about saving money. According to her book "Going Rogue" while governor of Alaska she sold the state aircraft because it was expensive, and too big.

I started out really liking Sarah but it seems to me that all she can do now is throw out blips like : How can you tell a bear from a hockey mom..........Get some new material Sarah.
    Saving tax payers money and making a lucrative speaking salary is not quite the same. All I have been trying to say here is that I really hope she doesn't get to big headed. This is an ever present possibility for those thrust into the lime light as she was.

From the official CSU web site, in part:

"The Foundation is the only authorized 501(c)(3) entity, as identified by the Internal Revenue Service, for receipt, acknowledgment and oversight of private gifts to the University."

I believe senders of those private donations may have a little to say in how their money gets spent. The CNN article is nothing more than the typical mass media spin on an utterly inconsequential topic to either generate made-up news and/or offer biased political influence.

I normally don't argue two subjects, those are religion and politic's,(and I'm well read in both!). Before we start throwing daggers at former Gov. Sarah Palin, all of you left-wingers, lets take a look at who you foolishly voted into office in 2008 and ask yourselves this; what qualifications did he bring to the office?
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    From the official CSU web site, in part:

"The Foundation is the only authorized 501(c)(3) entity, as identified by the Internal Revenue Service, for receipt, acknowledgment and oversight of private gifts to the University."

I believe senders of those private donations may have a little to say in how their money gets spent. The CNN article is nothing more than the typical mass media spin on an utterly inconsequential topic to either generate made-up news and/or offer biased political influence.
    Those who make donations to a foundation may question their board on how the foundation funds are spent, but that doesn't leave room for ANY questioning by the Kalifornia Attorney General. Unless a crime was committed? No, wait, it was already determined that paying a fee to a speaker is not illegal, and none of Ms. Palin's requests were illegal. So, no, Mr. Brown has no reason to stick his nose in this issue, and it would be a non-event if his office hadn't gotten involved.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12