Navy SEAL being court-martialed

Thread: Navy SEAL being court-martialed

Navy SEAL being court-martialed

Here's a story that REALLY gives me the red @ss

Court-Martial of Navy Seal Opens in Iraq Liveshots

Court-Martial of Navy Seal Opens in Iraq
    April 21, 2010 - 12:25 PM | by: Steve Centanni
    An alleged terrorist accused in the grisly murders of four Americans appeared in court Wednesday in Iraq. But Ahmed Hashim Abed isn’t the one on trial. Instead, he was testifying against one of the Navy Seals who arrested him last September.

Petty Officer First Class Julio Huertas of Blue Island, Illinois, is being tried at a military base on the western outskirts of Baghdad. Huertas and two other Navy Seals face charges in connection with Abed’s arrest, during which the prisoner claims he was punched and kicked by at least one of his captors.

The case has prompted a huge outpouring of sympathy in the U.S., with thousands visiting websites in support of the Navy Seals. Many claim the four defendants should be hailed as heroes for capturing Abed instead of being court-martialed. At least 20 members of the U.S. Congress have urged Defense Secretary Robert Gates to drop all the charges.

In court Tuesday, Abed described the surprise raid on his home last year. He say he was with his wife at the time. He says he was blindfolded and taken to an unknown location and questioned. He told the court there was no abuse during the first questioning or at a second location where he was later taken. At a third location, however, Abed claims he was hit on his shoulders and back, then punched in to the stomach, causing him to fall on his face. While on the floor, he says he heard yelling and swearing.

The accused terrorist was handcuffed and blindfolded at the time and says he can’t identify anyone who might have hit him. He only remembers seeing someone wearing red shorts. Photos of Abed taken ten days after the alleged incident were also shown in court, but according to a Fox News representative inside the courtroom, the injuries did not look severe.

Petty Officer 2nd Class Matthew McCabe of Perrysberg, Ohio, is the only Navy Seal actually charged with assault in the case. His attorney, Neal Puckett, says on his website, “These terrorists are trained to claim abuse despite no physical evidence of such.” McCabe goes on trial May 3rd in Norfolk, VA.

Also in court in Baghdad, a Navy officer testified that he witnessed McCabe assaulting Abed. Petty Officer Third Class Kevin Demartino, who is not a Navy Seal, said he saw McCabe punch Abed in the stomach and saw blood coming from the prisoner’s mouth. Demartino was silent about the case at first, saying in court, “I wasn’t prepared to rat those guys out.” But after he learned there would be a formal investigation, he decided to cooperate with the prosecution.

McCabe is charged with assault, dereliction of duty and making false statements. Huertas is charged with dereliction of duty and impeding an investigation. A third Navy Seal, Jonathan Keefe of Yorktown, Pennsylvania, is charged only with dereliction of duty. He faces trial later this week in Baghdad.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

Honestly, this kind of stuff is why a few veterans I know advised their kids to stay out of the military. They love their country and believe in what we are doing but don't trust the government to stand behind their sons or daughters.

3. Navy Seal

How sad! I'm formally from Illinois . Anybody from Blue Island and a Navy
    Seal I would want with me in a jam . Pray for him !

If WWII had been fought this way we would be speaking German and Japanese now.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

I got out of the Navy after 12 years mostly because of the Liberals taking over. By the looks of it they have completely overthrown the Traditions and Leadership of our great Armed Forces and have settled for a touchy-feely kind of bile that is nothing but Liberal PC. The scapegoating of junior personnel has always happened in the Military, but to take this to the NTH degree is degrading and detrimental to our men and women in the Armed Forces.
    MY prayers are with ALL that put themselves in harms way for our Country and Constitution.

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

it's really too bad that people have to cry and whine about this.. take a look at how the enemy treats our prisoners of war...let's get real here...
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    it's really too bad that people have to cry and whine about this.. take a look at how the enemy treats our prisoners of war...let's get real here...
    +1 Then put their barbaric acts on line as if it will win them an extra v.....
    Semper Fi

Two out of three have been cleared. We'll see what happens to McCabe this week...

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Two out of three have been cleared. We'll see what happens to McCabe this week...
    Two out of the three have been cleared the same day the proceedings began. I think the the Navy officers convening these court martial boards are sending a load and clear F#ck You!!! to whoever is responsible for this travesty.

10. I suggest we behead one quickie mart employee every hour until all charges are dropped.
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com