Rant Rant.. This woman's attitude really pissed me off!!! - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Rant Rant.. This woman's attitude really pissed me off!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    I don't believe it to be "unreasonable" to search for others living there or for drugs IF you and I are supporting them.
    IF you want the assistance, then you agree to periodic unannounced inspections.. They do unannounced inspections with foster parents and parents that have been reported to DCF.
    IF you want the help, sign here that you agree to these conditions..
    Otherwise, go get a job..
    Choose wisely THIS day!!
    They also do periodic license checks at road blocks. Same thing, and it's legal.

Not even close to the same thing.

Driving is a privlilege.

Being secure in your "Person, Papers and Dwelling" is a 4th Amendment RIGHT....

I agree they should be spot checked if drawing public assistance or living in public provided housing. But the roadside check argument is a no starter...
    "I got you in a Stranglehold, baby. And then I crushed your face" -Ted Nugent

I love children and have raised five, three of my own and two grandchildren. We didn't ask for or receive any assistance of any kind. From the film, I would gather that the mother was not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Our government shouldn't subsidize people for having babies just to get an increased welfare payment. After the second child, all welfare payments should stop. That way the mother would have to gett off her back and go to work to support her family. It is a little heavy-handed but forced sterilization of the mother should be an option if she continues to be a burden on society.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    It is a little heavy-handed but forced sterilization of the mother should be an option if she continues to be a burden on society.
    There was one state a few years back that was looking to install "Norplant" into Welfare women.. 10 minute install into the arm and 5 years of birth control, but I don't think it ever happened.. The women are NOT "sterilized", just taken out of the reproductive mode while inserted. The Implant can be removed at any time..

BTW, did you hear they have a birth control pill for men now..
    Yeah, it's a really large pill.. You put it in one of your shoes..
    It makes you "limp"...

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Apparently the Norplant idea fell by the wayside but it would be nice if it had been used. This welfare situation is getting way out of hand. There are plainly too many recipients for us to support. With all the illegal aliens, etc. I just can't see how we are going to continue down this rocky road and survive. Your male birth control pill might be just the thing!! Or as Paul Harvey once said "amputate the offending organ." Ouch!!

Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    They also do periodic license checks at road blocks. Same thing, and it's legal.
    Doesn't mean it's right
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Doesn't mean it's right
    Well, if you don't like it, get a job...problem solved. When you won't support yourself, and you depend on society to take care of you, you lose some of your privacy rights. We as a society have rights too. And that means that if we are shelling out money to support someone that won't support their kids, we have the right to check on them, and that includes search, and seizure too, if drugs are involved.

9. You can thank Lyndon Johnson for this mess. He is the one that robbed from social security to create this.

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    There was one state a few years back that was looking to install "Norplant" into Welfare women.. 10 minute install into the arm and 5 years of birth control, but I don't think it ever happened.. The women are NOT "sterilized", just taken out of the reproductive mode while inserted. The Implant can be removed at any time.
    Blame the Catholic Church working in concert with the ACLU on that one. While you can argue the merrits of some of the arguments the ACLU has made in the past, they screwed up on this one. The government should not be promoting the Catholic Church's anti-birth control agenda because doing so violates the establishment clause of the first amendment. Which IMHO, made this one of the most irronic alliances, it resulted in the ACLU arguing AGAINST the constitutional separation of church and state.

In addition the Catholic Church has no moral authority when it comes to issues of child wellfare, IMHO due to the long standing practice of letting Catholic Priests get away with engaging in non-consentual activities with children. (Some people call that rape.) Of course for those of you who don't know your history, the Vatican City was set up as an independent sovereign nation by the Lateran Accords, signed by Benito Mussellini, the Nazi leader of Italy durring the 1930's and '40's. As such, the Catholic Church is in reality the last vestige of WWII era Nasiism. That realy makes you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    Well, if you don't like it, get a job...problem solved. When you won't support yourself, and you depend on society to take care of you, you lose some of your privacy rights. We as a society have rights too. And that means that if we are shelling out money to support someone that won't support their kids, we have the right to check on them, and that includes search, and seizure too, if drugs are involved.
    Just so we're clear I am gainfully employed and have never been on the dole.

When you won't support yourself, and you depend on society to take care of you, you lose some of your privacy rights

I must not have gotten the memo on that, it's certainly nowhere in the Constitution. How far are we planning to take this? If I'm on welfare but I'm in my own house do I still lose my fourth amendment rights? What if I , out of the goodness of my heart, buy a pack of smokes and give it to a welfare case and it's found in their home? How ,exactly, does the state prove the cigarettes were purcahed W/ welfare funds? What is the punishment? Arrest for welfare fraud? Are you sure you want to OK random searches of people's homes by the State?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast