Prayer Warriors Needed - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Prayer Warriors Needed

I'll start right now and put 500 Baptists on it Sunday. Isaiah 41:13 For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.

3. sending em up !

Mike

Already sent and will keep sending them!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

JJ, will keep all of you in my prayers.

"So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Isaiah 41:10

Quote Originally Posted by gestu1 View Post
    I'll start right now and put 500 Baptists on it Sunday.
    And the people said "Lo, let it not be said that Gestu1 doth work by half-measures!" And it was pleasing to God's eye.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Exclamation Praying for you and yours

I'm praying for you and yours.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Cannot express my appreciation enough for all your prayers. I sincerely mean that...some GREAT people on this site!

An update: Spoke with my cuz last nite. He finally called after falling out of touch for about a week and a half. He's able to maintain the treatments but the docs are now doing blood transfusions routinely after each one. So, ok, that's the upbeat news: they didn't have to halt treatments.

The downside: some pain has returned, which initially sent him to the doctor. So, the fear is that the largest tumor, which was causing the pain, is now growing again. Mart (cousin) said that he goes for another scan today to see what's up. He's very nervous and scared about what they will find and so am I.

I've shared this with some of you privately, so please forgive the redundancy, here. My cousin is withholding information from me and another brother (the ones closest to him) because I think he doesn't want to worry us and also because he doesn't want to give voice to the reality of the situation, which is not good. Mart told me there was a "small spot" on the lung; the reality is that the "small spot" has spread to encompass the whole lung. He also has not told me that cancer has been detected in at least one lymph node.

His brother's wife fills me in (from conversations with Mart's wife) but swears me to secrecy. So, Mart doesn't know that I know what's really going on. So, it's a difficult situation all around. I certainly and obviously will not call him on it as I can only imagine what he's going through and he has to deal with it as he sees fit.

Guys, at this point, I really don't know how to pray. I absolutely KNOW that God could cure him completely and that's what I pray for. But, I'm also a realist and know that the Lord lets us live with the consequences of our decisions (you smoke 2 packs a day for 45 years, you're setting yourself up for some nasty diseases, usually).

My plan at this point is still to drive out to see him in a couple weeks, if only to sit with him and watch TV. However, I'm starting to suspect he won't want me to come out, so we'll see...

Thanks again, ya'll.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

JJ, since our Lord loves each of us unconditionally...since His wisdom is divine and eternal...since He wants only the best for His children, IMO the BEST way to pray is that His will be done and for personal strength and peace no matter what! There is NO doubt in my mind that God is going to heal your cousin...it may be the "ultimate healing" where He creates Mart a perfect body and calls him home! Whatever the outcome with your cousin, please hold onto the belief that God knows best! My prayers continue for Mart, you and your family!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123