Prayer Warriors Needed
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prayer Warriors Needed

Prayer Warriors Needed

I recently posted about a cousin of mine who is very sick with lung cancer. He's the latest in a line of relatives who have contracted this disease (an aunt, another cousin, my Mom - all heavy smokers; I don't smoke, so you know).

The immediate problem is that his body can't take the heavier, second round of chemo treatments. The sequence of treatments has been started and stopped twice as he is completely wiped out and his red and white blood counts plummet. He's had one transfusion already. My suspicion is that when the docs can't continue the sequence, his weakened body has nothing to fight with, and the cancer starts to spread agressively. It's already spread to at least one lymph node, which I know is not good at all.

The docs haven't said yet, or at least my cuz hasn't told me, but I'm worried that they will halt treatment altogether, and the outcome will be ordained. I realize it probably is already - this is a tough cancer - but I want him to at least have a fighting chance.

I spoke with him today and he was able to start the sequence again yesterday. Hopefully, his blood counts won't collapse again and he'll be able to continue with the next rounds.

Might I ask my Christian brothers and sisters on the site to put him on your prayer lists? I'm praying, of course, but I'm kinda tired (stress, I guess) and I need all the help I can get.

Thanks, all.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

JJ, you, your cousin and your family are in my prayers.

Praying for your family, brother.
    Curt Lovelace
    Bible believing, gun toting pastor
    Acton, Maine

You and yours have been since you first posted what was going on.

Will do. Please keep us posted.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Without Question. I kinda was already since the phone call...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Red face Let's get the universe in on it, too!

Although I am not a Christian, I will take the matter to temple and have the folks there help me send some "good stuff" out there for your cousin. We will be having a monk there who was one of the Dalai Lama's students, so maybe we will get a little amplification.

Stay strong, bro.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

9. Ive been on top of it since I heard a few days ago. I will now engage "prayer overdrive".
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

Without relent.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

wolfhunter Guest
    You and yours have been since you first posted what was going on. Please keep us updated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast