Questions about the Bible - Page 6
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 110

Thread: Questions about the Bible

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Well written article. The fact remains that the LAW says this behavior is wrong and precedence dictates discharges for those found guilty. Right or wrong, until the law changes gays don't belong. BTW, my argument against gays applies equally to adulterers in the service.
    I agree. Being open and gay in the military is still against the rules. That is the way it is, utill the time the rules are changed. Rules must be followed, or we don't have a military.

  2.   
  3. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,429
    Most people have not carefully and prayerfully researched the Biblical texts used by some people to condemn God's lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender children.
    Historically, people's misinterpretation of the Bible has left a trail of suffering, bloodshed, and death.
    We should be open to new truth from Scripture. Even heroes of the Christian faith have changed their minds about the meaning of various Biblical texts.
    The Bible is a book about God. The Bible is not a book about human sexuality.
    We miss what these passages say about God when we spend so much time debating what they say about sex.
    The Biblical authors are silent about homosexual orientation as we know it today. They neither approve it nor condemn it.
    The prophets, Jesus, and the Biblical authors say nothing about homosexual orientation as we understand it today. But, they are clear about this one thing. As we search for truth, we are to "Love one another."
    Whatever some people believe the Bible seems to say about homosexuality, they must not use that belief to deny homosexuals their basic civil rights. To discriminate against sexual or gender minorities is unjust and un-American.
    More?
    http://www.soulforce.org/pdf/whatthebiblesays.pdf

  4. Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    Most people have not carefully and prayerfully researched the Biblical texts used by some people to condemn God's lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender children.
    Historically, people's misinterpretation of the Bible has left a trail of suffering, bloodshed, and death.
    We should be open to new truth from Scripture. Even heroes of the Christian faith have changed their minds about the meaning of various Biblical texts.
    The Bible is a book about God. The Bible is not a book about human sexuality.
    We miss what these passages say about God when we spend so much time debating what they say about sex.
    The Biblical authors are silent about homosexual orientation as we know it today. They neither approve it nor condemn it.
    The prophets, Jesus, and the Biblical authors say nothing about homosexual orientation as we understand it today. But, they are clear about this one thing. As we search for truth, we are to "Love one another."
    Whatever some people believe the Bible seems to say about homosexuality, they must not use that belief to deny homosexuals their basic civil rights. To discriminate against sexual or gender minorities is unjust and un-American.
    More?
    http://www.soulforce.org/pdf/whatthebiblesays.pdf
    Dear Iceman, I don't believe your assessment of the Bible and what is says is accurate. Romans chapter one has much to say about this sin. I won't belabor the point, but once again, I don't believe you have correctly caught what the Bible does absolute say about the issue, and it is certainly not for it.

  5. #54
    Well IceMan, you certainly took this topic for a left turn..
    Going with your original rant against Christians (Televangelists), I feel the same way about most Christians reactions with Homosexuality.. They put Homosexuality in a Sin class above almost every other sin, and react to it strongly and usually not very lovingly..
    There are Sins against God and there are sins against the flesh.. Homosexuality falls into the later category.
    It is no different than being a drunkard, a liar, a cheater, or a fornicator.
    Those who accept Christ's gift of redemption fall under the NEW testament, all others fall under the old.
    The old and NEW testament both speak against Homosexuality directly as Alaska444 stated that Roman's one deals with it.

    Please read all the versus supplied below, but pay particular attention to vs. 26 & 27 (which I believe is pretty clear and not easily misinterpreted)
    ROM 1:14-32

    However, as I said, Christians show of Hated for homosexuals (GLBT) is just as much a sin or more so..

    There has been absolutely no scientific evidence for genetic or otherwise disposition for Homosexuality.
    As stated earlier, The Homosexual community has thrown different reasons for being gay out there, with little to no real evidence.
    There are actually more ex-gays than there are gays.. People who have lived in the lifestyle, and no longer live in the lifestyle, but you don't hear about that, because it does not promote the message that is trying to be sent by the media and others.

    But (GLBT) people should be treated with as much love and respect as they are willing to show to others.
    There is a big push for gay rights right now.. Believe it or not, it's not the 1st time in history.
    It also happened in many societies including the Greek and Roman empires.
    The later is why Paul was writing about about the topic (the book is called Roman's because it was to the Roman church (Not Catholic) who was dealing with the issue at the time).

    Now you MAY believe that it is NOT a sin, but it does not make "natural" sense. Men and Women lay together for pleasure, but the real purpose is for Procreation reasons. God is a God of Purpose.

    If God had created Adam and Steve, instead of Adam and Eve, none of us would be here right now...

    IF Homosexuality (or any other sin) is touted as completely legitimate, then it is NOT wrong (this is what many Gay people are pushing for). If it IS a sin, but believed to NOT be a sin, then in actuality people are LIVING A LIE.. IF they live in that lie, as sincere as they may be, they have a sin issue (just like everyone else) and feel no need to repent of it. This leads them away from God's grace and forgiveness, and leaves them under the Old Covenant with no other payment for their sin other than death (separation from God).

    So, when a Christian, such as myself, speaks to a homosexual (or homosexual supporter) and says that the lifestyle is against God's wishes for their lives (should be said in love and respect, NOT hatred), I say it because I LOVE them too much to leave them living a lie that will separate them from a loving God forever.

    Again, Homosexuality is a sin, just like all the other fleshly sins (unlike Sins against God such as blasphemy), no more, no less...

    Just don't ask me to say that it is right, and not wrong.. I care to much for people and their eternal destiny's to stay silent..

    Everything else you talk about is about public policies and is a societal opinion about how to treat one another and what is acceptable and what is not.. In other words, it's politics.. Ultimately, there is NO hope or true solutions in politics, they keep trying to make things better, and they, for the most part, only get worse.. So, that's all I have to say about that...

    I hope it helps..

    Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

  6. #55
    From a post by the iceman:
    The catholic church is filled with gay priests. Some who can't control their sexual urges.
    I do not deny that and I do not know if someone is born a homosexual or not. I don't really care. Your point about some that cannot control their sexual urges is not confined to **** or hetro sexual orientation and I really dont' care either way when a person cannot control their sexual urges and it affects others then they are a menace to society and are no better than a robber or any other type thug we want to consider.

    I have just as much contempt for the man who runs around impregnating women almost as part of a game then leaving them to care for the children with no help from him except sometimes using them to show off his sexual prowness as any other criminal ordirt bag. At least with homosexual behavior children are not usually created as part of if.

    The priest who preys on little boys, the rapist who thinks that it is OK to force any girl that looks at him or is willing to go on a date with him, the uncle that decided he would like to have sex with his 12 year old niece, all of these are much lower on my humanity level scale than someone who just decides that they like men rather than women. I won't get further into this but I don't care for the homosexual lifestyle and do not think it should be any sort of privledged class. I do not think that they should be denied the right to a civil union however I do not think civil unions should be the same as marriage, and not all unions between a man and a woman should be marriages. But I do not shun and run away from someone who is a homosexual. Just do not try to make a pass at me and do not try to shock me by demonstating your lifestyle purposely in front of me.

  7. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Central N.Car.
    Posts
    534
    Well, the thread has gone way away from my intended purpose and that was to find out some Biblical truths. We have wasted six pages and accomplished nothing but stating our beliefs instead of exactly what the Bible says. Will say this-- The Bible says that it is an abomination for man to lie with man or woman with woman and forget the natural desires.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by -06 View Post
    Well, the thread has gone way away from my intended purpose and that was to find out some Biblical truths. We have wasted six pages and accomplished nothing but stating our beliefs instead of exactly what the Bible says. Will say this-- The Bible says that it is an abomination for man to lie with man or woman with woman and forget the natural desires.
    I agree, it is difficult to answer questions about the Bible unless someone really wants to know what the Bible says. In that case, they would already be reading it, but perhaps not understanding it. This is quite natural since the natural man cannot understand spiritual issues until the Holy Ghost resides inside. That is why our job as Christians is to preach the gospel, doctrine is a waste of time until someone understands and accepts the gospel.

  9. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    Most men enjoy watching two women have hot wild lesbian sex. In fact, it is most mens desire to be in the middle of it.
    Once again you have managed to out do yourself and turn a discussion into some perverted thought you are having. You never cease to amaze me.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  10. #59
    Reminder to theicemanmpls -- this forum is intended to be family friendly. Your last post in this thread is not acceptable under the forum rules. Because I choose to treat you like an adult with the belief that you can monitor yourself, I do not find it necessary to "tattle to admin".
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

  11. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    Reminder to theicemanmpls -- this forum is intended to be family friendly. Your last post in this thread is not acceptable under the forum rules. Because I choose to treat you like an adult with the belief that you can monitor yourself, I do not find it necessary to "tattle to admin".
    Mom, you are most correct. I stepped over the line. A child could be reading my posting. If I have offended you, I am sorry. I have deleted my posting. Thank you for reminding me of the rules.

    P.S. Please inform your "christian" friends and your own "christian person", that personal attacks are not permited by those same set of rules?
    Have a wonderful day.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New To The Site, Had A Few Questions, Open To All Suggestions, 1st Post
    By FieldTester in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-18-2010, 01:33 PM
  2. My introduction, along with a few questions.
    By Aresye in forum Concealed Carry Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 07:42 PM
  3. U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes
    By matthewaynelson in forum Military & Veterans
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-21-2010, 08:53 PM
  4. Questions Regarding The Fort Hood Massacre
    By BigSlick in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-12-2009, 07:07 PM
  5. San Diego banning bible study in the home
    By festus in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-28-2009, 02:24 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast