Questions about the Bible - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions about the Bible

theicemanmpls, thank you for being a gentleman, deleting the offensive post and apologizing. Yes, I, too, acted inappropriately in a prior post (a personal attack) directed toward you. I have already asked God to forgive me...now, as a Christian, I MUST ask for your forgiveness. Please accept my sincere apology for acting so un-Christ-like. I sinned against you and I am very sorry. You have my promise that I will do my best, with God's help, never to do that again.

You have a pleasant evening, also.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Glad we are at least back on "level keel". We have just about beat this horse down into the dirt. Time to move on--admin, please end this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by -06 View Post
    Glad we are at least back on "level keel". We have just about beat this horse down into the dirt. Time to move on--admin, please end this thread.
    06 when you going to answer my question about what you said regarding MS. Kagen the supreme court nominee?

What question, missed it with all the BS floating about.

Quote Originally Posted by -06 View Post
    What question, missed it with all the BS floating about.
    You called MS Kagen a carpet M$$$$$$$

Carpet muncher is a slang word for lesbian. Let's see, she/it loves a lifestyle that is abhorred by most people. It is anti military. It is rabidly against private ownership of firearms. And, it is a theorist instead of an experienced realist with actual real world experiences. What is to be respected about it to fill such a powerful office. From which she will never leave until voluntary retirement. To me it is a frightening choice from someone that is IMO, as un-American a prez as we have ever had. He has surrounded himself with political freaks and this is just another prime example of his goals for America. IF-- and a big IF he was the kind of moral patriot that he should be he would not be suggesting such for the supreme court. An old saying goes--"birds of a feather flock together". To me it shows just what kind of man fills the White House.

8. Until America considers II Chronicle 7:14 with great seriousness, we will instead learn well that for the transgressions of the land, many are the princes thereof. If you don't want to repent for the sins of our land and pray for God's forgiveness, then get used to losing our freedoms one at a time. There is only one solution to the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska444 View Post
    Until America considers II Chronicle 7:14 with great seriousness, we will instead learn well that for the transgressions of the land, many are the princes thereof. If you don't want to repent for the sins of our land and pray for God's forgiveness, then get used to losing our freedoms one at a time. There is only one solution to the situation.

SO TRUE! Proverbs 5:21-23 says, "For the ways of man are before the eyes of the LORD, and he pondereth all his goings. His own iniquities shall take the wicked himself, and he shall be holden with the cords of his sins. He shall die without instruction and in the greatness of his folly he shall go astray."
    Pretty much says try not to sin or face the problems associated with sin.
    We Christians are'nt perfect, we're just forgiven.
    __________________________________________________ ____

GOD IS ALIVE AND ACTIVE.

This preacher has missed a great deal of this discussion because I was away in Albania preaching to some pretty poor folk who had nothing to give me, pay me, or promise me. Judging Christianity on the basis of the televangelists is like making assumptions about all women based upon your knowledge of Rosie O'Donnell.

Although there are many debatable items in the Bible, men and women are advised to read it themselves and judge what any preacher says against the Book itself. Thre is a beautiful statement in the Westminster Confession of Faith (written in 1646), which reads this way:

V. We may be moved and induced by the testimony of the Church to an high and reverent esteem of the holy Scripture; and the heavenliness of the matter, the efficacy of the doctrine, the majesty of the style, the consent of all the parts, the scope of the whole (which is to give all glory to God), the full discovery it makes of the only way of man's salvation, the many other incomparable excellencies, and the entire perfection thereof, are arguments whereby it doth abundantly evidence itself to be the Word of God; yet, notwithstanding, our full persuasion and assurance of the infallible truth and divine authority thereof, is from the inward work of the Holy Spirit, bearing witness by and with the Word in our hearts.
    Try reading it with an open mind and heart iceman. You may view it differently. In the meantime, don't let anyone try to force Christianity down your throat. The Conquistadors were wrong and so is anyone else who tries to do that. Salvation is by grace, through faith, plain and simple.
    Curt Lovelace
    Bible believing, gun toting pastor
    Acton, Maine

Quote Originally Posted by DocCurt View Post
    Try reading it with an open mind and heart iceman.
    Hey, You all can say what you want about Iceman, but at least he was in the conversation..
    IF he was irreverent at points, or just plain poking fun for fun's sake, hey at least he was in the conversation... I don't expect anything more or less from a Pagan..
    I do expect more from some of my brothers and sisters though, but I am often disappointed (and others in me, I'm sure)
    Good for you Iceman.. I enjoyed the back and forth with you, don't give up.. I suspect you have a few people praying for you at this point.. That's not a bed thing, is it??

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast