Questions about the Bible - Page 8
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions about the Bible

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    Hey, You all can say what you want about Iceman, but at least he was in the conversation..
    IF he was irreverent at points, or just plain poking fun for fun's sake, hey at least he was in the conversation... I don't expect anything more or less from a Pagan..
    I do expect more from some of my brothers and sisters though, but I am often disappointed (and others in me, I'm sure)
    Good for you Iceman.. I enjoyed the back and forth with you, don't give up.. I suspect you have a few people praying for you at this point.. That's not a bed thing, is it??
    Hey, I agree. That's why I suggested the things I did.
    Curt Lovelace
    Bible believing, gun toting pastor
    Acton, Maine

Most of the "Christians" in here are quite comical. From one side of their mouths spew forth the most vile, hurtful statements one could only imagine. Add in the topic of people who are different (gays), and the comments become most judgmental.

Then from the other side of their mouths out spew quotes from the bible.

IT is all very simple. Jesus taught that we should love our fellow man. He said that each one of us was not perfect, and committed sin. Jesus also said not to judge anyone.

So, why the very clear, and present hypocrisy? Please don't shoot verses at me with your bible guns. They mean nothing when your actions completely contradict your behaviors.

One more thing, Christians, are not above anything, or anyone.

Keep it simple. Respect everyone. If you are going on the offensive, attack the topic, not the person.

I can't wait for you "Christians" to defend your actions with quotations from the bible.

Have at it. remember, if what you believe is true,,,,,,,,
    GOD IS WATCHING.

4. Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    Most of the "Christians" in here are quite comical. From one side of their mouths spew forth the most vile, hurtful statements one could only imagine. Add in the topic of people who are different (gays), and the comments become most judgmental.

Then from the other side of their mouths out spew quotes from the bible.

IT is all very simple. Jesus taught that we should love our fellow man. He said that each one of us was not perfect, and committed sin. Jesus also said not to judge anyone.

So, why the very clear, and present hypocrisy? Please don't shoot verses at me with your bible guns. They mean nothing when your actions completely contradict your behaviors.

Keep it simple. Respect everyone. If you are going on the offensive, attack the topic, not the person.

I can't wait for you "Christians" to defend your actions with quotations from the bible.

Have at it. remember, if what you believe is true,,,,,,,,
    GOD IS WATCHING.
    Romans 14:11For it is written, [As] I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

12So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

13Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in [his] brother's way.

14I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that [there is] nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him [it is] unclean.

15But if thy brother be grieved with [thy] meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.

16Let not then your good be evil spoken of:

17For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

18For he that in these things serveth Christ [is] acceptable to God, and approved of men.

19Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

20For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed [are] pure; but [it is] evil for that man who eateth with offence.

21[It is] good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor [any thing] whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.

22Hast thou faith? have [it] to thyself before God. Happy [is] he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.

23And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because [he eateth] not of faith: for whatsoever [is] not of faith is sin.

I Peter 4:14If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy [are ye]; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

15But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or [as] a thief, or [as] an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.

16Yet if [any man suffer] as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

17For the time [is come] that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if [it] first [begin] at us, what shall the end [be] of them that obey not the gospel of God?

18And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

19Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls [to him] in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

Dear Iceman, you fail to understand a very simple point, it is the true Christian that is most painfully aware of his sins and shortcomings more so than anyone else. It is quite true that the lost understand better than we do at times how we are supposed to act, but for you to provoke improper responses by baiting the Christians is a great sin as well. It is quite easy to fall into that trap. They tried to do the same to Jesus, but He was above that. Unfortunately, at times we are poor representatives of Jesus here on earth. Yes, Christians can be quite hypocritical at times, well so can you. What does that prove except we are all sinners. Instead of looking at all of the poor examples of Christians that you can find, go instead and look at the example that Jesus gave us to live up to, you will gain much more understanding of what a true Christian is all about, being Christ like, that is what the name means. He is our example. I can find a whole lot of nut job atheists as well, but what does that prove? Nothing any more than finding nut job so called Christians.

So, yes, we are not above anyone, we understand that more than you. We are sinners waiting for our time to go to heaven, after death or in the rapture whichever comes first. Until then we live in the same sinful flesh as you, except we have the Holy Spirit living in us. By the way, for a true born again Christian, the Holy Ghost corrects us here and now when we get out of line as a father with his children.

Hebrews 12:5And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

6For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

9Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected [us], and we gave [them] reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

10For they verily for a few days chastened [us] after their own pleasure; but he for [our] profit, that [we] might be partakers of his holiness.

11Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

12Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;

13And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

14Follow peace with all [men], and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

15Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble [you], and thereby many be defiled;

16Lest there [be] any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.

17For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.

Quote Originally Posted by -06 View Post
    Carpet muncher is a slang word for lesbian. Let's see, she/it loves a lifestyle that is abhorred by most people. It is anti military. It is rabidly against private ownership of firearms. And, it is a theorist instead of an experienced realist with actual real world experiences. What is to be respected about it to fill such a powerful office. From which she will never leave until voluntary retirement. To me it is a frightening choice from someone that is IMO, as un-American a prez as we have ever had. He has surrounded himself with political freaks and this is just another prime example of his goals for America. IF-- and a big IF he was the kind of moral patriot that he should be he would not be suggesting such for the supreme court. An old saying goes--"birds of a feather flock together". To me it shows just what kind of man fills the White House.
    Yeah one that one God Fearing Christian or Jew that can think for them self would want and that is the problem, no one wants to think.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post

Jesus also said not to judge anyone.
    You are correct IceMan.. Christians are just sinners, just like everyone else.. We are just forgiven for our transgressions, by no work of our own..

I'm not sure why if you believe your statement above, why you believe that Christians actions should be so much above everyone else actions..
    We are all spirit beings having and earthly experience, not earthly people having an spiritual experience.
    Christians should strive to be most forgiving, as they are forgiven much. They should strive to be most loving, for Christians should understand unconditional love (as best as any human can)

But just because we become Christians does not mean that we should not judge at all. We are to be discerning and understand what is right and what is wrong. We are not to judge people, but we should judge their actions/motives, just as you were judging the televangelist actions/motives.. We, as Christians, should speak out against wrong teaching, and there are many that do. Then there are the Christian Sheeple that just follow along every wind of doctrine that tickles their ears.

So as a Pagan you have the right to judge Christians harshly and hold them in contempt because you hold them to a very high standard (above everyone else), but as soon as someone become a Christian, they can judge no one or anything..

Come on.. Is that what you really believe??? Really??? Do you really think that is what Jesus taught??

The Truth shall make you free, not a fool/idiot with no right to use the good mind that God gave you..
    There are many Christians that do act the fool/idiot, but that does not mean that is what God intended!

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

7. Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    -06 IMO, the bible is mostly a work of fiction. Not all but most. God didn't write the bible, men did.
    Remember, that is my opinion. Many will disagree and that is fine. -06, I don't know if you and forgive me, if I have misjudged you. Please don't call me names, or tell me bad things will happen. Like others in here. That is really childish. Some will resort to slinging bible quotes just in an attempt to impress me, or others. Perhaps to impress their self. Some use bible quotes to justify there behavior, right or wrong. Some use quotes to spew hatred, and prejudice. I would if this is really what Jesus said a very long time ago?

The bible can be a complicated reference source. I have quoted it once in here, and felt very uncomfortable. Some have put countless time in trying to grasp its concepts. Why they can even put verses together to make others send money. I prefer other sources of reference, and instruction.

IMO, the bible is control, and guidance for weak minded people. It is a comfort for many in times of hardship, and happiness. This is all fine with me. Do what makes you feel good.
    If it works for you, and those you know, I am all for it.
    It is just not my cup of tea.

If you recall I pasted a picture, next to a quote about "taking four years to read the bible"
    The picture was of Karl Childers. The quote also belonged to Karl. A triple homicidal mentally handicapped man.

IMO, this website is about firearms carry, and anything concerning firearms.

I really don't understand why some in here think it is a way to express religious views. There are several sites dedicated for that very purpose.
    Sorry, you couldn't help. But, thank you for your kind offer.

You want to talk about firearms related topics, I would entertain that. The bible, thanks, but no thanks.
    If I ever do decide to be born again, I will seek your console.
    Have a great day.

Jesus saves, Moses invests.

I wish someone would make me some biscuits.
    I am reposting an old quote which I heard from a pastor: "If there is no God and I am a believer, then I have possibly wasted my life worshiping and seeking after a non-existent divine being. If the scriptures are true and there is a God, but I choose not to commit my life to Him, then I have wasted ETERNITY." What happens if I take the first approach? I attempt to honor Christ by doing my best to follow the ten commandments, by attempting to seek His guidance in incorporating integrity into all my decisions, and by trying to honor friends and family. I'm unclear about the down-side. Real history, not revisionist history, indicates that the Founding Fathers were highly relgious and several had degrees in divinity. I can't think of a stronger or braver group of men----I just don't see people who cling to God, guns, and religion as having to be weak-minded. As far as pointing out the fact that a psychopathic killer read the Bible, it argues FOR the Christian faith, since statistically, more people who are not Christians commit a higher rate of horrific crimes than those who profess faith.

BIBLE GUN, for shooting Gospel at Heretics, and heathens

Hebrews 12:5And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

6For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

9Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected [us], and we gave [them] reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

10For they verily for a few days chastened [us] after their own pleasure; but he for [our] profit, that [we] might be partakers of his holiness.

11Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

12Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;

13And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

14Follow peace with all [men], and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

15Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble [you], and thereby many be defiled;

16Lest there [be] any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.

LK 6:41 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 42 How can you say to your brother, `Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

MT 23:13 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.

MT 23:15 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are.

MT 23:16 "Woe to you, blind guides! You say, `If anyone swears by the temple, it means nothing; but if anyone swears by the gold of the temple, he is bound by his oath.' 17 You blind fools! Which is greater: the gold, or the temple that makes the gold sacred? 18 You also say, `If anyone swears by the altar, it means nothing; but if anyone swears by the gift on it, he is bound by his oath.' 19 You blind men! Which is greater: the gift, or the altar that makes the gift sacred? 20 Therefore, he who swears by the altar swears by it and by everything on it. 21 And he who swears by the temple swears by it and by the one who dwells in it. 22 And he who swears by heaven swears by God's throne and by the one who sits on it.

MT 23:23 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cummin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. 24 You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.

MT 23:25 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. 26 Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.

MT 23:27 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean. 28 In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.

Run the wet patch all the way through the barrel, so that it comes out the muzzle end. Do this a couple of times, making sure the entire barrel is nice and wet. Then set the barrel down with the wet patch still inside it somewhere. (Yup, still attached to the rod. You won't need it for a bit.)

MT 23:29 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous. 30 And you say, `If we had lived in the days of our forefathers, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.' 31 So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets. 32 Fill up, then, the measure of the sin of your forefathers!

MT 23:33 "You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell? 34 Therefore I am sending you prophets and wise men and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town. 35 And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36 I tell you the truth, all this will come upon this generation.

MT 23:37 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing. 38 Look, your house is left to you desolate. 39 For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, `Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.' "

With the gun held in a gunsmith's hold, pull down on the takedown lever. As you do so, you will feel the tension on the slide loosen up. This is normal. In fact, it is what you wanted to happen. You may have to pull the slide slightly more to the rear in order to release the tension as you pull down on the takedown lever. That's okay, too.

17For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.

Proverbs 5:21-23 says, "For the ways of man are before the eyes of the LORD, and he pondereth all his goings. His own iniquities shall take the wicked himself, and he shall be holden with the cords of his sins. He shall die without instruction and in the greatness of his folly he shall go astray."

The Iceman is slinging Bible verses! Good on ya, mate...now you're in the game. This is the kind of discussion Christians have all the time, comparing verses, interpretations, etc. Be careful, tho, Ice, the Bible has POWER!
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post

Run the wet patch all the way through the barrel, so that it comes out the muzzle end. Do this a couple of times, making sure the entire barrel is nice and wet. Then set the barrel down with the wet patch still inside it somewhere. (Yup, still attached to the rod. You won't need it for a bit.)

With the gun held in a gunsmith's hold, pull down on the take down lever. As you do so, you will feel the tension on the slide loosen up. This is normal. In fact, it is what you wanted to happen. You may have to pull the slide slightly more to the rear in order to release the tension as you pull down on the take down lever. That's okay, too.
    OK Iceman.. Wow, a lot of versus..

By the 1st set of versus, are you saying that you are doing God's work being the tool of Chastisement?

Then The Gun quotes.. Is that a test to see if someone will actually read all that you posted??

I do not need to even read the Woe's again.. I feel the woe's everyday in the sins that I commit both by commission and omission.. This drives me again and again to the love and grace of the Lord who without his passion and crucifixion I would be held to the the standard of the Law (old covenant) as are all non-believers.. A standard that no man can live up to, except one.. The blameless lamb that was slain to pay for ALL of my (and everyone else that accepts the gift of salvation) transgressions...

Instead of Chastising all the BAD Christians out there, why don't you join the team and show us how it's really done???? Be the hands and feet of Jesus to those around you and around the world..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

11. Dear Iceman, you missed the point of the Hebrews quotation is that God is the Father of those that are born again and He is the one the corrects us here and now. I don't believe that the job is up for grabs for anyone else.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast