Questions about the Bible - Page 9
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Questions about the Bible

Ice, I don't know where you're at now and I'm not one to say whether someone is saved or not. But, don't fail to consider that the Lord might be nudging you right now through this ongoing discussion. He does work in mysterious ways...

Take the Hootmon Challenge!
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    -06 IMO, the bible is mostly a work of fiction. Not all but most. God didn't write the bible, men did.
    Remember, that is my opinion. Many will disagree and that is fine. -06, I don't know if you and forgive me, if I have misjudged you. Please don't call me names, or tell me bad things will happen. Like others in here. That is really childish. Some will resort to slinging bible quotes just in an attempt to impress me, or others. Perhaps to impress their self. Some use bible quotes to justify there behavior, right or wrong. Some use quotes to spew hatred, and prejudice. I would if this is really what Jesus said a very long time ago?

The bible can be a complicated reference source. I have quoted it once in here, and felt very uncomfortable. Some have put countless time in trying to grasp its concepts. Why they can even put verses together to make others send money. I prefer other sources of reference, and instruction.

IMO, the bible is control, and guidance for weak minded people. It is a comfort for many in times of hardship, and happiness. This is all fine with me. Do what makes you feel good.
    If it works for you, and those you know, I am all for it.
    It is just not my cup of tea.

If you recall I pasted a picture, next to a quote about "taking four years to read the bible"
    The picture was of Karl Childers. The quote also belonged to Karl. A triple homicidal mentally handicapped man.

IMO, this website is about firearms carry, and anything concerning firearms.

I really don't understand why some in here think it is a way to express religious views. There are several sites dedicated for that very purpose.
    Sorry, you couldn't help. But, thank you for your kind offer.

You want to talk about firearms related topics, I would entertain that. The bible, thanks, but no thanks.
    If I ever do decide to be born again, I will seek your console.
    Have a great day.

Jesus saves, Moses invests.

I wish someone would make me some biscuits.
    Iceman I like you but your view on the Bible is a bit mixed up. True God did not actually sit down and write the bible, but he is a pretty compelling being and directed to the men who actually wrote the words on parchment as to what words to write. I use the example of a CEO of a Corporation he does not write anything he dictates to his Secretary and she writes for him what he want to say to the company. So who's words is it? The secretary's or the CEO's?

Oh and by the way this board dirative states:
    Anything NOT related to firearms and concealed or open carry. This can be about sports, jokes, anything that stays within the rules of the site.

Just an interesting note about the authenticity of the Bible. The texts found in the caves near the Dead Sea predated any known copies by hundreds of years. There were no discrepancies(other than minor grammatical ones) in these and later copies. Folks took their responsibilities very seriously. Pens that were used to copy texts were discarded after usage-- they considered their use so holy that it would have been sacrilege to use them on anything else. We do not have the heritage to even think of things that holy today. We have come a "long way baby" and it has not all been for our good.

Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    Iceman I like you but your view on the Bible is a bit mixed up. True God did not actually sit down and write the bible, but he is a pretty compelling being and directed to the men who actually wrote the words on parchment as to what words to write. I use the example of a CEO of a Corporation he does not write anything he dictates to his Secretary and she writes for him what he want to say to the company. So who's words is it? The secretary's or the CEO's?

Oh and by the way this board dirative states:
    Anything NOT related to firearms and concealed or open carry. This can be about sports, jokes, anything that stays within the rules of the site.
    one more point if it is fiction then it should be no problem for him to disprove, so Iceman go for it, read and disprove any of it....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    one more point if it is fiction then it should be no problem for him to disprove, so Iceman go for it, read and disprove any of it....
    Why do these so called (Christians) wish to pick arguements?
    What happened to turning the other cheek? What was that part about the meek?

If anyone wishes to consider the bible is real, I am all for it, knock yourself out. It is your faith. You have the right to worship what ever you want. Sheldon, since you brought it up, why don't you prove it is real. With scientific proof. Please don't shoot me with the bible verse gun.

If anyone wishes to consider the bible is real, I am all for it, knock yourself out. It is your faith. You have the right to worship what ever you want. Sheldon, since you brought it up, why don't you prove it is real. With scientific proof. Please don't shoot me with the bible verse gun.
    Iceman, as a Christian I don't NEED scientific proof that my God exists. I see Him in the perfection of a newborn baby, in the creation of a universe so vast that scientists can only marvel each time they discover something new, in the Springtime "awakening" of nature after a cold and deadly winter, and in answered prayer. I have all the proof I need that my Creator God (Heavenly Father) is real. And my faith in His divine power and majesty, in His forgiveness and saving grace, and His love for me as His child, is ALL that He requires from me, in return for all of the marvelous gifts with which He has so richly blessed me. I feel so privileged to be viewed as a precious/priceless soul in the eyes of the Creator of the Universe. And EVERY human being is just as precious in His sight.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    Iceman, as a Christian I don't NEED scientific proof that my God exists. I see Him in the perfection of a newborn baby, in the creation of a universe so vast that scientists can only marvel each time they discover something new, in the Springtime "awakening" of nature after a cold and deadly winter, and in answered prayer. I have all the proof I need that my Creator God (Heavenly Father) is real. And my faith in His divine power and majesty, in His forgiveness and saving grace, and His love for me as His child, is ALL that He requires from me, in return for all of the marvelous gifts with which He has so richly blessed me. I feel so privileged to be viewed as a precious/priceless soul in the eyes of the Creator of the Universe.
    Mom, thank you for sharing your faith, and your thoughts.
    However, I was asking sheldon for some scietific proof.

ICeMan, I know you didn't ask me, but I'll throw in my two cents..
    I mentioned this in one of my 1st posts.. The scientific proof you seek is in the statistics..
    Over 70% of the prophecies in the Bible have already come true.. These are not vague prophecies like Jean Dixon or even Nostradamus, these are detailed prophecies.. There has never been any other book that has come close to predicting so many future events with such accuracy, nothing even comes close..
    So Statistically, something significant must be going on here..
    Here is just one example.

Daniel the prophet predicted in about 538 BC (Daniel 9:24-27) that Christ would come as Israel's promised Savior and Prince 483 years after the Persian emperor would give the Jews authority to rebuild Jerusalem, which was then in ruins. This was clearly and definitely fulfilled, hundreds of years later.

So, in the above, we have a prediction when a single individual person would be born down to an exact number of years (and not in 10 years, but 483 years)..
    IF that's not hard enough, the starting of those years does not start until an unknown event, or timing for that event, takes place

There are extensive prophecies dealing with individual nations and cities and with the course of history in general, all of which have been literally fulfilled. More than 300 prophecies were fulfilled by Christ Himself at His first coming. Other prophecies deal with the spread of Christianity, as well as various false religions, and many other subjects.

When Jesus walked the earth, he was NOT the only one saying he was the Messiah. There were many people saying it at the time.. WHY?? Because Danial prophesied it. But Jesus is the only one that fulfilled more than 300 prophecies about the messiah, this is one of the reasons we believe in him and that he was the son of God...

How do you make such accurate predictions of the future, if God is not inspiring it??

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

What is proof, Did Tertius, Josephus, and other known and recognized scholars write about some ficticious character--no, they wrote about actual happenings, about actual people, and about real events of that time. The Book of Issaih that Jesus read from at twelve years old in the temple was and is today the same book. He used a scroll and expounded on it to the amazement of the scholars gathered there. Nearly the whole Book was discovered at Qumran Wadi.
    Spiritual things are not scientific things. Can you prove that you are thinking? You are breathing, your heart beats, blood flows to your body parts-- all physical but when your synapse are functioning can anyone tell what you are thinking. You know that you know but no one else does. Spiritual things are not of your five senses but more than them, all of them, and in each one. The Bible tells us that until the Holy Spirit "opens" your eyes, "opens" your ears, and reveals himself then you cannot perceive those things which are spiritual. I believe it was the apostle Peter who asked a very wise and powerful ambassador(Ethiopian Eunuch) if he could understand what he was reading(scripture) The ambassador wisely answered --how can I without someone to show me.
    Point I am trying to make is that even though you may be a very well intentioned and brilliant person without the presence of God to teach you the words will remain a mystery and a stumbling block for you. Taking the step into that spiritual realm that God has for each of us is a very easy one. It takes a simple asking-- so easy that it is frightening to most especially for those without any Biblical background. Asking God to come into your life is something a mere child can do with complete trust and honesty. It is us adults with all our "masks" and shields that have a hard time with the love He offers so readily and freely. Will stop preaching but just wanted to hold out a "olive branch". wc

I was calling on Sheldon. How many are named Sheldon in here?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast