I wonder when the media will start an anti knife campaign?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I wonder when the media will start an anti knife campaign?

I wonder when the media will start an anti knife campaign?

Woman stabs 4 in Southern Calif. Target store

WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. A woman who stabbed and wounded four people in a busy Target store Monday afternoon was arrested when an off-duty sheriff's deputy pulled his gun and ordered the woman to the ground as screaming shoppers ran from the building, authorities said.

Layla Trawick used a butcher's knife and a carving knife to attack the victims, using both blades at the same time one in each hand, like in the movie "Psycho," sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said

"She was literally walking up and down the aisles slashing people," he said.
    Woman stabs 4 in Southern Calif. Target store - Yahoo! News

I also saw this come thru the news a little while ago. There are a couple great one liners in the story...

Several shoppers who saw the deputy pull out his weapon feared he was a gunman, adding to the sense of panic, Mankini said.
    Well prCalifornia, Give your citizens back their rights and that panic will go away.

"Police officers can carry guns anywhere in the U.S.," he said. "I carry my gun everywhere. Most police officers carry a firearm all the time. We see a lot bad guys at work."
    Once again, prCalifornia, Give your people back their rights....

The Associated Press: Authorities: Woman stabs 4 in Calif. Target store
    Semper Fi

It's been going on for some time. To start a campaign to demonize a common tool you go after the easy things first. Criminalize certain types associated with criminals (switchblades); then ban the carry of knives in locations where people will acquiesce to restrictions (schools, airports, etc). Each time a news story like the one above is available call for more restrictions. Google 'knife control in Britain' and you'll find the best example of this process.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

There has been a huge wave of 'knife crime' in the UK since they've basically banned guns. They even are mandating sales of 'anti-stab' knifes. Google that.

As soon as someone at a Tea Party starts to peel an apple where a camera can see him!

Wouldn't you just love to see some idiot come screaming down the aisle at you, waving a knife? "I'm gonna cut you six ways to Sunday!"......BANG! BANG!....Of course, I'd have to stop laughing long enough to draw my piece in time, that would be the only problem...
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Wouldn't you just love to see some idiot come screaming down the aisle at you, waving a knife? "I'm gonna cut you six ways to Sunday!"......BANG! BANG!....Of course, I'd have to stop laughing long enough to draw my piece in time, that would be the only problem...
    Only a fool would bring a knife to a gun fight.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I am sure Chicago is working on a ban as we speak.

The UK, is considering banning glass in bars. Because of the bar fights.

Britain seeks ban on glass pint-glasses to prevent bar-brawl injuries Boing Boing

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Guess it's time to start practicing laughing and shooting at the same time!!

At the end of that article, it said that they weren't quite sure if the knives came from the store. In my experience buying knives, unless you are in a specialty shop, they are either locked in a case, or wrapped in that thick plastic stuff that takes the knife you want to buy to get it open. Either way, if it is determined that they did come from Target, will Target stop selling knives?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast