TX Student Suspended for Removing Mexican Flag - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TX Student Suspended for Removing Mexican Flag

All they do is stir up the weak minded. Your opinion.

My opinion, You are the weak minded.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Do you know more people celebrate May 5 in the USA than in Mexico? It's only recognized as a holiday in the Mexican state of Puebla. No one else celebrates May 5.
    I do not know about the mexican holiday. What I do know, On ST Patricks day, many people in america have a dinner of corned beef and cabbage. Drink green beer.
    In Ireland, this custom is unheard of.
    Could we be honoring the old country?

wolfhunter Guest
    Alex Jones seems to have Iceman worked up pretty good, too.

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    I do not know about the mexican holiday. What I do know, On ST Patricks day, many people in america have a dinner of corned beef and cabbage. Drink green beer.
    In Ireland, this custom is unheard of.
    Could we be honoring the old country?
    Saint Patrick's Day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

St Patrick is celebrated as a CATHOLIC. Hence the Sainthood. In Ireland it actually has quite a rich and distinctive history."The first Saint Patrick's Festival in Ireland was held on 17 March 1996. In 1997, it became a three-day event, and by 2000 it was a four-day event. By 2006, the festival was five days long; more than 675,000 people attended the 2009 parade. Overall 2009's five day festival saw close to 1 million visitors, who took part in festivities that included concerts, outdoor theatre performances, and fireworks."

It is not to honor the old country but to honor a dead man. So now that "What you do know" has been proven applicable to Ireland as well. Would you consider that these men may have a legitimate point about all immigrants needing to become Americans? I have a Heinz 57 ancestry but I am an American, not a MexicanGermanPolishIrishAfricanScotsNativeDutchLat vianZuluCroatian-American. I live in Nevada But I'm not a Nevadan-American I am an American. I may move to Idaho and there I would learn to follow the laws, licenses, taxes, and speed limits of that state, not beret them for not recognizing my rich Nevadan ancestry.
    Last edited by ems_kws; 05-10-2010 at 01:47 PM. Reason: :o TYPO

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    PC and diversity hack it where it counts. In the work place. The economy. While your stand is noble, and I applaud your conviction, it may be outdated in todays world.
    This is not 1950 anymore. Statements like "sinko de mayo" and "hell even the muslims are here" only add fuel to the fire. The world has changed. I am not very concerned about what happens among school chlildren.
    All of "those people" are here, and they are here to stay. The make more of "those people" and they vote.
    Don't like it? Get involved and Vote. The numbers of "Americans" who don't bother to vote is way to high.
    You are proud of the amercian flag? The flag represents home to people of many nations. Many newly arrived. They are proud of where they are, and where they came from. IMO, this is nothing to get our undies in a bunch over.
    Axex Jones products are not helping. All they do is stir up the weak minded.
    If, indeed, they are "proud of where they are" then they are welcome. I believe that has already been posted. Certainly, they are free to bring their "culture" as long as it fits within the melting pot framework of which we are all so proud. If they are "here" to drag their culture to the forefront, and to put down America, then they are not welcome. I believe we no longer have a "melting pot" but a "boiling pot" full of minorities who wish to remake America into an image of their own choosing, not one which complements the "whole".

The whole "diversity" philosophy is full of sh#t, IMO. Growing up I had Indian friends, Korean friends, black friends, Italian friends, Polish friends, Filipino friends, Jewish friends, etc. Used to love to eat at friends' homes and sample different cultural dishes and maybe learn a word or two (usually cuss words!) of a foreign language. The difference as I see it, is there was no question we were all "Americans". I do not sense that today (or at least the concept is fading fast).
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12