Gay Marriage - Page 10
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Gay Marriage

Quote Originally Posted by KathleenElsie View Post
    Just my opinion.
    Marriage is a biblical base social order. In the Catholic Church is is a Sacrament. Only because the government required us to have a license does it become secular. So as far as my FAITH and MARRIAGE is concerned it will be based on those principals and not on political feelings of equality.
    Correct Kathleen, God created marriage, not man. And God didn't say "Lets make a deal, God said this is the deal".
    ~ Truth Is Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth ~

3. Quote Originally Posted by sFe View Post
    Better than not having any parents at all. Sexual orientation has nothing to do with the ability to be a good provider/guardian. The gay people I have known have all been genuinely good people and the kids would be much better off with them.
    I respectfully disagree. I believe that if a gay couple were allowed to adopt, it would do irreparable damage to a child. They could grow up thinking that this type of behavior was somehow... ok or acceptable. Its no different from parents who are prostitutes. It provides children a poor example for children to model.
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

4. Quote Originally Posted by sFe View Post
    Better than not having any parents at all. Sexual orientation has nothing to do with the ability to be a good provider/guardian. The gay people I have known have all been genuinely good people and the kids would be much better off with them.
    I agree with you 100% on the issue of having parents. You know as well as I do that children can be molded to any unnatural forms we want. So why would you want to form and mold a child mind into becoming a **** if it is not in the genetics makeup???? The child will eventually figure it out as they mature.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Quote Originally Posted by kn1080 View Post
    very interesting. Do you happen to have any scripture off the top of your head to that effect? Im curious and would like to look.
    Off the top of my head, just two.

Leviticus 18:22...You shall not lie with a male as with a women. It is an abomination.

Leviticus 20;13... If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.
    ~ Truth Is Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth ~

Quote Originally Posted by kn1080 View Post
    I respectfully disagree. I believe that if a gay couple were allowed to adopt, it would do irreparable damage to a child. They could grow up thinking that this type of behavior was somehow... ok or acceptable. Its no different from parents who are prostitutes. It provides children a poor example for children to model.
    It should be acceptable and okay, it's personal preference, nothing more. I really don't see how it's comparable to prostitution.

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    I agree with you 100% on the issue of having parents. You know as well as I do that children can be molded to any unnatural forms we want. So why would you want to form and mold a child mind into becoming a **** if it is not in the genetics makeup???? The child will eventually figure it out as they mature.
    How does one become gay with two straight parents? Both of my parents smoke and it repulses me..
    Last edited by sFe; 07-13-2010 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Added response to wooddoctor.

7. Quote Originally Posted by sFe View Post
    It should be acceptable and okay, it's personal preference, nothing more. I really don't see how it's comparable to prostitution.

How does one become gay with two straight parents? Both of my parents smoke and it repulses me..
    Point well taken. The genes make the differance!!
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Wait, wait, wait... Marriage is a bible-based institution?

Then, I guess all those Buddhists in China and Shinto followers in Japan, and Hindus in India, and Tribal members in Papua New Guinea who separate off into pair bonds and share deep, emotional ties, and go through social ceremonies (or not, whatev) aren't really married, since there wasn't a Reverend or a Father or a Priest there to preside over the rites and quote from the Bible, right?

Marriage is a social rite, not a religious one. Religion merely recognized the preexisting power of the pair bond and embraced it and wrapped it in mysticism and symbolism, but religion doesn't own it.

And neither does government. Both religion and government are gonna have to get over themselves and recognize that homosexuals exist, they are just as much down with the "permanent" committed pair bond as are heterosexuals, and accommodations will have to be made there for.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Off the top of my head, just two.

Leviticus 18:22...You shall not lie with a male as with a women. It is an abomination.

Leviticus 20;13... If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.
    Thank you so much. That will by my reading tonight.
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

10. The state of Pennsylvania says that they will not grant a divorce to the couple because they were never married.

Makes perfect sense to me. you can't undo something that hasn't been done. Anyone can have some refreshments and a photographer and some kind of half-assed ceremony and say it is a wedding. Unless you've got a state-issued license then you ain't married! (except a few states with common-law marriage).

11. All religious implications aside, what are the negative social side-effects of allowing gays to marry? You say it's bad for a child's well-being growing up. Ok, noted. What else? I can't think of gays getting married as being much of a problem. Maybe they'd be getting a slight tax break, but what else is so horrible about gay marriage?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast