Gay Marriage - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay Marriage

Marriage, since long before the time of Christ, has been sanctified by the church. Personally I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. That being said, I also believe same sex civil unions are up to the individuals. It's not for us to judge in matters of morality that's the Almighty's job. The problem comes when one state allows same sex marriage and another state does not. If a same sex couple was married in a state that allows it and moves to a state that doesn't how can they expect to get a divorce in that state? Their marriage was not recognized there in the first place. As with any other law, learn those of the state you intend to live in before deciding to move there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingly Thing View Post
    I don't really care who wants to do what with whom, as long as they all agree and don't hurt anyone. We recognize so many different marriages (polygamy, arranged marriage between children, purchased brides, etc.), I fail to see why this one upsets so many people. Personally, I object to parents giving young child brides to old men, but nobody says this shouldn't be called marriage.
    There are a couple of areas where this gets into government - child adoption and insurance (which the government should stay out of but they aren't going to so...)

Outside of that it's a "big end little end" debate IMO.

4. Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    There are a couple of areas where this gets into government - child adoption and insurance (which the government should stay out of but they aren't going to so...)

Outside of that it's a "big end little end" debate IMO.
    Im not comfortable at all with a same sex couple adopting a child. As much love as Im sure they can provide the child, the children could see this behavior and begin to think that this choice for a lifestyle is acceptable and moral. I really feel that we need to protect the children and assure they are shown an appropriate way of life.
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

Quote Originally Posted by kn1080 View Post
    Im not comfortable at all with a same sex couple adopting a child. As much love as Im sure they can provide the child, the children could see this behavior and begin to think that this choice for a lifestyle is acceptable and moral. I really feel that we need to protect the children and assure they are shown an appropriate way of life.
    Agreed

I dont know what your thinking... But I had to leave my firearm at home and was afraid I was about to get my butt kicked! Thats why I stayed by YOUR side. We looked like a couple. LOL
    I must have been down at the Vietnam Wall with Rickbac when all this "Love" was happening.

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    I must have been down at the Vietnam Wall with Rickbac when all this "Love" was happening.

Peace...
    Damn, I'm real sorry not to have made this trip; sounds like you guys really bonded!
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Damn, I'm real sorry not to have made this trip; sounds like you guys really bonded!
    Oh you were missed big fella, don't feel like you were not...

Some time soon we'll all dress in pink with our pistols. OK maybe not, but we will have to get together..

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

9. JJ... It feels like you were there. Everyone talked about you so much its difficult to remember that you missed it. Haven't you noticed that your included in the banter just as much as all of us who were there? Your physical absense does not protect you from our ridicule and victimization. Remember that!
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

JJ... It feels like you were there. Everyone talked about you so much its difficult to remember that you missed it. Haven't you noticed that your included in the banter just as much as all of us who were there? Your physical absense does not protect you from our ridicule and victimization. Remember that!
    Ahhh..."ridicule and victimization" from your brothers...does it get any better than that?
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Psst, homosexuality is not a choice. During the time it takes you to read this, at least one baby who will grow up to be a homosexual will be born.

Same sex couples have raised many children with very good results.

KN, what is it you are "protecting" the children from?

Perhaps, you should know the difference between pedophiles, and homosexuals. They are almost never the same. Just Google those topics, and become enlightened.

What is a lifestyle, that is acceptable, and Moral? Do you live in Utopia?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast