Gay Marriage - Page 6
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 112

Thread: Gay Marriage

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Real World
    Posts
    7,946
    Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    As I said in a previous post, we can give guidance and counseling but it becomes the individuals choice in the end. No human can say with certainty that anyone is condemned for morality, only God can do that. Judging them and turning our backs on them isn't what is taught in the Bible. People make decisions contrary to the Bible's teaching all the time. I guess it can be summed up in the following:

    The best verse is from Christ Himself - "Pick the pole from your own eye before picking at the splinter in your neighbor's" and as he said to the crowd wanting to stone the adulteress, "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone!"
    Someone in the "world" & of the"world" (the flesh) that is openly practicing sin and living a lifestyle of sin, certainly cannot judge another for openly practicing a lifestyle of sin. You left out the word before "pick" in Matthew 7:5, the word is "hypocrite". To JUDGE someone else for openly practicing sin when you are also openly practicing sin is hypocrisy. So, if someone is openly practicing a lifestyle of sin,or openly professes that they are sinning, you are not judging them as being condemned, God himself has confirmed that, so may you confirm that. Recognizing sin is not judging, telling someone that they are going to go to hell for openly or deliberately practicing a lifestyle of sin, should they not turn to Christ and REPENT, is simply telling them the truth of God's Word and warnings of condemnation and an eternity in hell. If you rob a bank then you are a thief, if I call you a thief I'm not judging you, you confirmed that by robbing the bank. I can say with certainty that anyone who does not accept Christ and REPENT is condemned and will be in hell for all eternity, to say otherwise would be to call God a liar.

    No one has said that because it is confirmed that a person is a homosexual, that we are to turn our backs on them, you assume that all by yourself. And your wrong when you say that no "human" can say with certainty that anyone is condemned for their sin, because that is what God himself has said. God has however made it possible to escape such condemnation through Christ's Blood, shed for the forgiveness of our sins on the cross. Should one reject Christ and not REPENT, then that person is condemned and is going to hell, period. The only unforgivable sin is Blasphemy. Blasphemy is the rejection of Christ. We are all sinners, any sin will send us to hell if it is not washed clean with the Blood of Christ. For that to happen, we must accept Christ and Repent, for without REPENTANCE, there can be no forgiveness of our sin, period.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

  2.   
  3. I agree Ringo... I would not turn my back on someone because they are a Homosexual or because of their other faults or sins. I have faults... everyone has faults and everyone sins. It is this very time of crisis that these people need others to support and pray for them with even more dedication.
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

  4. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Someone in the "world" & of the"world" (the flesh) that is openly practicing sin and living a lifestyle of sin, certainly cannot judge another for openly practicing a lifestyle of sin. You left out the word before "pick" in Matthew 7:5, the word is "hypocrite". To JUDGE someone else for openly practicing sin when you are also openly practicing sin is hypocrisy. So, if someone is openly practicing a lifestyle of sin,or openly professes that they are sinning, you are not judging them as being condemned, God himself has confirmed that, so may you confirm that. Recognizing sin is not judging, telling someone that they are going to go to hell for openly or deliberately practicing a lifestyle of sin, should they not turn to Christ and REPENT, is simply telling them the truth of God's Word and warnings of condemnation and an eternity in hell. If you rob a bank then you are a thief, if I call you a thief I'm not judging you, you confirmed that by robbing the bank. I can say with certainty that anyone who does not accept Christ and REPENT is condemned and will be in hell for all eternity, to say otherwise would be to call God a liar.

    No one has said that because it is confirmed that a person is a homosexual, that we are to turn our backs on them, you assume that all by yourself. And your wrong when you say that no "human" can say with certainty that anyone is condemned for their sin, because that is what God himself has said. God has however made it possible to escape such condemnation through Christ's Blood, shed for the forgiveness of our sins on the cross. Should one reject Christ and not REPENT, then that person is condemned and is going to hell, period. The only unforgivable sin is Blasphemy. Blasphemy is the rejection of Christ. We are all sinners, any sin will send us to hell if it is not washed clean with the Blood of Christ. For that to happen, we must accept Christ and Repent, for without REPENTANCE, there can be no forgiveness of our sin, period.

  5. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    [/B]

    You're absolutely right Mom, God created marriage and sanctioned it between one man and one women. Homosexuality is, unlike other sin, an abomination. God hates all sin, but an abomination goes beyond hate of sin, it's disgusting and sickening to God. These people who foolishly argue and make all kinds of phony excuses are of the "world", they enjoy sin and have no desire to repent, that's why God created Hell. So like you said, "case closed".


    Google Image Result for http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20America/Sodomy/episcopal_gays.jpg
    Click above. It is a christian view of Gays. Makes me want to vomit.

  6. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post


    Google Image Result for http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20America/Sodomy/episcopal_gays.jpg
    Click above. It is a christian view of Gays. Makes me want to vomit.
    Your whole attitude makes me feel the same.

    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  7. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Santa Fe Area, New Mexico
    Posts
    3,487
    Homosexuality is the act, a behavior. Behavior is a learned action by an individual. Behavior can be modified. I would say the case of one being born with a defect as inborn homosexual tendencies is rare but dies happen. I've met some Lesbians that looked like Line Backers for the Packers. I've also seen some men extremely feminine looking. These are the anomalies. The rest choose to behave as they do, again a behavior. If consulting adults want a "Civil" union so be it, let God judge. But it should not be called a marriage. I do not believe in same sex marriage nor do I think children should be place with gays. Again as earlier posted, LEARNED BEHAVOR.

    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

  8. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    I may not make many friends saying this, but I am COMPLETELY [U]AGAINST[U] gay marriage. I dont believe its right. Marriage is for a man and woman. The bible clearly states that a man shalt not lay with another man. I believe that is true with women as well.
    Marriage, what the heck is the point in getting married if your same sex? Whats the point in being with someone of the same sex if you cant have children? It makes NO sense to me....I do no support it.
    Im a christian, and it just violates my beliefs, I am a republican, and it goes against my morals. Bleh...Cant beat a dead horse though can ya...
    Then if a man or woman is sterile and cannot have children then they should not get married? That is exactly your point here that no one should get married if they can't have children. How about the couple that both are in their late 60's and are widowed, can't they get married? I am also a Christian and thousands of children were born to women that the fathers were American"Christian" GI's that would tell you straight that birth control was the worry of a woman, not a real man. I really have trouble differentiating between "men" with that attitude the the priests that like little boys. Both are in it for nothing but themselves and the child victims are nothing more than trash under their feet. At leat with the homosexuals the probability of children becoming sn unwanted piece of trash to them is remote.

    All the quotes that you want to spew trying to denounce homosexuality can be found in Exodus, "Thou shall not commit adultery". That will cover it all without having to look any furthure.

  9. #58
    This one works pretty good also.

    Leviticus 18:22 (King James Version)

    22Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  10. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Homosexuality is the act, a behavior. Behavior is a learned action by an individual. Behavior can be modified. I would say the case of one being born with a defect as inborn homosexual tendencies is rare but dies happen. I've met some Lesbians that looked like Line Backers for the Packers. I've also seen some men extremely feminine looking. These are the anomalies. The rest choose to behave as they do, again a behavior. If consulting adults want a "Civil" union so be it, let God judge. But it should not be called a marriage. I do not believe in same sex marriage nor do I think children should be place with gays. Again as earlier posted, LEARNED BEHAVOR.

    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)
    Mappow, I must say thank you for using the brain god gave you. You are paying attention to science, and not blindly following the bible.

    Psychology was one of the first disciplines to study a homosexual orientation as a discrete phenomenon. The first attempts to classify homosexuality as a disease were made by the fledgling European sexologist movement in the late 19th century. In 1886 noted sexologist Richard von Krafft-Ebing listed homosexuality along with 200 other case studies of deviant sexual practices in his definitive work, Psychopathia Sexualis. Krafft-Ebing proposed that homosexuality was caused by either "congenital [during birth] inversion" or an "acquired inversion". In the last two decades of the 19th century, a different view began to predominate in medical and psychiatric circles, judging such behavior as indicative of a type of person with a defined and relatively stable sexual orientation. In the late 19th and early 20th centuries, pathological models of homosexuality were standard.

    The American Psychological Association, the American Psychiatric Association, and the National Association of Social Workers state:

    “ In 1952, when the American Psychiatric Association published its first Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, homosexuality was included as a disorder. Almost immediately, however, that classification began to be subjected to critical scrutiny in research funded by the National Institute of Mental Health. That study and subsequent research consistently failed to produce any empirical or scientific basis for regarding homosexuality as a disorder or abnormality, rather than a normal and healthy sexual orientation. As results from such research accumulated, professionals in medicine, mental health, and the behavioral and social sciences reached the conclusion that it was inaccurate to classify homosexuality as a mental disorder and that the DSM classification reflected untested assumptions based on once-prevalent social norms and clinical impressions from unrepresentative samples comprising patients seeking therapy and individuals whose conduct brought them into the criminal justice system.
    In recognition of the scientific evidence,[55] the American Psychiatric Association removed homosexuality from the DSM in 1973, stating that “homosexuality per se implies no impairment in judgment, stability, reliability, or general social or vocational capabilities.” After thoroughly reviewing the scientific data, the American Psychological Association adopted the same position in 1975, and urged all mental health professionals “to take the lead in removing the stigma of mental illness that has long been associated with homosexual orientations.” The National Association of Social Workers has adopted a similar policy.

    Thus, mental health professionals and researchers have long recognized that being homosexual poses no inherent obstacle to leading a happy, healthy, and productive life, and that the vast majority of gay and lesbian people function well in the full array of social institutions and interpersonal relationships.[3]

    The American Psychological Association, American Psychiatric Association, and National Association of Social Workers stated in 2006:

    “ Currently, there is no scientific consensus about the specific factors that cause an individual to become heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual — including possible biological, psychological, or social effects of the parents’ sexual orientation. However, the available evidence indicates that the vast majority of lesbian and gay adults were raised by heterosexual parents and the vast majority of children raised by lesbian and gay parents eventually grow up to be heterosexual.[3] ”

    The Royal College of Psychiatrists stated in 2007:

    “ Despite almost a century of psychoanalytic and psychological speculation, there is no substantive evidence to support the suggestion that the nature of parenting or early childhood experiences play any role in the formation of a person’s fundamental heterosexual or homosexual orientation. It would appear that sexual orientation is biological in nature, determined by a complex interplay of genetic factors and the early uterine environment. Sexual orientation is therefore not a choice.[60] ”

    The American Academy of Pediatrics stated in Pediatrics in 2004:

    “ Sexual orientation probably is not determined by any one factor but by a combination of genetic, hormonal, and environmental influences. In recent decades, biologically based theories have been favored by experts. Although there continues to be controversy and uncertainty as to the genesis of the variety of human sexual orientations, there is no scientific evidence that abnormal parenting, sexual abuse, or other adverse life events influence sexual orientation. Current knowledge suggests that sexual orientation is usually established during early childhood.[64][broken citation][60][65]
    Homosexuality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  11. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    This one works pretty good also.

    Leviticus 18:22 (King James Version)

    22Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination
    And is lying with whores and harlots not an abomination? Also does this only cover men with men or does it also cover woman with woman? So you are saying that gays are an abomination but lesbianism is fine.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Call in "gay" day tomorrow??
    By Glockster20 in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 01-31-2009, 05:21 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-10-2008, 02:06 AM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 05:32 PM
  4. Presidential Candidates and the 2nd Amendment
    By doublenutz in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-17-2007, 05:33 PM
  5. Choices for president
    By HK4U in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-05-2007, 12:47 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast