Gay Marriage - Page 7
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 112

Thread: Gay Marriage

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    And is lying with whores and harlots not an abomination? Also does this only cover men with men or does it also cover woman with woman? So you are saying that gays are an abomination but lesbianism is fine.
    No not at all and in fact I think Romans covers that pretty well.. I believe God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve for a reason. But you are right in that there are a lot of other sins besides homosexuality and all of us have committed plenty. That is why we needed a savior. None of us are good enough on our own.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  2.   
  3. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    No not at all and in fact I think Romans covers that pretty well.. I believe God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve for a reason. But you are right in that there are a lot of other sins besides homosexuality and all of us have committed plenty. That is why we needed a savior. None of us are good enough on our own.
    The point that I am trying to make is that much more than the distain I have for the homosexual lifestyle is that I have for the hipocracy of many who try to condemn a certain lifestyle based on a few verses of scripture usually taken out of context or misinterpreted. Yet those same ones would not only be tolerant of someone sinning as much in other ways but also practice it themselves.

    For example I know a man who has four daughters by three different women but has never married any of the women, had never taken part in the upbringing or support of his daughters, had never even met at least one of the daughters until she was over 30. Now if that man, the women and the daughters attended almost any church around but did not sit together or try to claim they were a family they would be welcomed. They may get gossipped about but would still be welcome.

    However if the same ones walked into a church together and said that they were a family, that the man had married and was still married to all three women, had raised all four daughters by not only providing them financial but spiritual and moral support, had never hamred them in any way thing would be quite different. Not only would they not be welcome in most churches but the police would be called and all of them arrested.

    As it was said "Let the one without sin cast the first stone". We cannot pick and choose the parts of the Bible to obey nor can we pick and choose those acts to comdemn or let slide.

  4. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Someone in the "world" & of the"world" (the flesh) that is openly practicing sin and living a lifestyle of sin, certainly cannot judge another for openly practicing a lifestyle of sin. You left out the word before "pick" in Matthew 7:5, the word is "hypocrite". To JUDGE someone else for openly practicing sin when you are also openly practicing sin is hypocrisy. So, if someone is openly practicing a lifestyle of sin,or openly professes that they are sinning, you are not judging them as being condemned, God himself has confirmed that, so may you confirm that. Recognizing sin is not judging, telling someone that they are going to go to hell for openly or deliberately practicing a lifestyle of sin, should they not turn to Christ and REPENT, is simply telling them the truth of God's Word and warnings of condemnation and an eternity in hell. If you rob a bank then you are a thief, if I call you a thief I'm not judging you, you confirmed that by robbing the bank. I can say with certainty that anyone who does not accept Christ and REPENT is condemned and will be in hell for all eternity, to say otherwise would be to call God a liar.

    No one has said that because it is confirmed that a person is a homosexual, that we are to turn our backs on them, you assume that all by yourself. And your wrong when you say that no "human" can say with certainty that anyone is condemned for their sin, because that is what God himself has said. God has however made it possible to escape such condemnation through Christ's Blood, shed for the forgiveness of our sins on the cross. Should one reject Christ and not REPENT, then that person is condemned and is going to hell, period. The only unforgivable sin is Blasphemy. Blasphemy is the rejection of Christ. We are all sinners, any sin will send us to hell if it is not washed clean with the Blood of Christ. For that to happen, we must accept Christ and Repent, for without REPENTANCE, there can be no forgiveness of our sin, period.
    I intentionally left out the word hypocrite because we all have our sins. How many have had premarital sex, or more than one partner? How many have told what they may believe to be "little white lies"? How many have looked at something someone else has and wished they had it? How many guys have looked at a beautiful woman and had what we'll call "impure" thoughts? There are many more and these are all sins in the eyes of God. I stand by saying only God can make the final judgment, not man (I use that in the universal term). We can teach, guide and counsel but we are human and thus imperfect.

  5. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA
    Posts
    8,509
    Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    I intentionally left out the word hypocrite because we all have our sins. How many have had premarital sex, or more than one partner? How many have told what they may believe to be "little white lies"? How many have looked at something someone else has and wished they had it? How many guys have looked at a beautiful woman and had what we'll call "impure" thoughts? There are many more and these are all sins in the eyes of God. I stand by saying only God can make the final judgment, not man (I use that in the universal term). We can teach, guide and counsel but we are human and thus imperfect.
    You're point is?
    The Most Important Thing That You Can Do In This Life, Is To Determine "WHERE" You Will "LIVE" In The Next Life.

  6. #65
    Here is the long explanation of where I stand on this topic. As a Christian, I cannot support same-sex marriage, and as stated before, I would not attend a church that does. As a libertarian, I cannot deny any couple or group the rights or privileges afforded to married couples. Those two positions need not be mutually exclusive.

    What I fail to understand is why the gay-marriage crowd needs their union to be called a marriage. Why can it not be called a union? And if they can find a church that will marry them, so be it, their married. Likewise, if a man and woman wish to go to a J.O.P., then they're not married, they're united. "But Tim, what's the big deal with letting them call it a marriage? It's just a word." To that I say: If it is just a word, then why do you insist it be called marriage?
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

  7. Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    Here is the long explanation of where I stand on this topic. As a Christian, I cannot support same-sex marriage, and as stated before, I would not attend a church that does. As a libertarian, I cannot deny any couple or group the rights or privileges afforded to married couples. Those two positions need not be mutually exclusive.

    What I fail to understand is why the gay-marriage crowd needs their union to be called a marriage. Why can it not be called a union? And if they can find a church that will marry them, so be it, their married. Likewise, if a man and woman wish to go to a J.O.P., then they're not married, they're united. "But Tim, what's the big deal with letting them call it a marriage? It's just a word." To that I say: If it is just a word, then why do you insist it be called marriage?
    Nicely put.
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

  8. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    Lets bring back 9mm vs 45 acp!

    -Doc
    Ohh, I like 9mm and .45ACP, but I also like 10mm too. ;)
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

  9. To me it's like, don't like guns, then don't buy a gun.
    Don't like same sex marriage, then don't get married.

    A

  10. #69
    handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    Ohh, I like 9mm and .45ACP, but I also like 10mm too. ;)
    Yes, finally back to guns! I would love to own a 10mm, but would never carry one. Too much liability in the bullets blowing thru a BG and hitting someone else. Nice powerful round though, the 10 x 25!

  11. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    Yes, finally back to guns! I would love to own a 10mm, but would never carry one. Too much liability in the bullets blowing thru a BG and hitting someone else. Nice powerful round though, the 10 x 25!
    As I understand it, there's little chance of that happening if you're using typical commercial loads. For whatever reason, the "mainstream" ammo makers tend to load the 10mm rather weak. Now, if you're using something from say, Double Tap or some other small ammo manufacturer, then I'd agree, you might have to worry about over penetration.

    But, as with everything else, you carry the right load for the right job. A slightly slower, load for self defense, and the really hot ones for taking out deer or some other edible creature.

    I have an EAA Witness, all steel, "Wonder Finish" (I'm still trying to figure out what's so "wonderful" about the finish.) in 10mm autopistol. Even using hot loads, the recoil is very managable, and I use it for self defense and work (I am a security officer).
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Call in "gay" day tomorrow??
    By Glockster20 in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 01-31-2009, 04:21 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-10-2008, 01:06 AM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 04:32 PM
  4. Presidential Candidates and the 2nd Amendment
    By doublenutz in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-17-2007, 04:33 PM
  5. Choices for president
    By HK4U in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-05-2007, 11:47 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast