Dogs - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dogs

One Rottweiler and one Border Terror oops... Terrier. Have had Rotties since '82. The BT is our first little dog. Very entertaining. A big dog in a little body.14lbs. of tenacious K9.
    Likes to lay on the back rest of the couch just like cats do. Right CW? Just like.

i have 2 cats that are mine and 5 strays (born right outside my patio) that me and the gf feed and water, but not inside. just the 2 that are mine are inside. anyways i have always loved a german shepard and a rottwiler, but ive also had a pitbull that was a good dog as well. now i just need to get a house so i can get the dogs. prolly will be the shepard

Quote Originally Posted by aj's 40 cal View Post
    i have 2 cats that are mine and 5 strays (born right outside my patio) that me and the gf feed and water, but not inside. just the 2 that are mine are inside. anyways i have always loved a german shepard and a rottwiler, but ive also had a pitbull that was a good dog as well. now i just need to get a house so i can get the dogs. prolly will be the shepard
    I'd get the Rott. I had one years ago for family protection when my kids were toddlers and I traveled a bit. Best dang house dog I've ever had. Friendly with everybody if nothing was happening (and would NEVER hurt any kid), but, boy, if the SHTF, that dog was a "steely-eyed crusader for justice".

I've been into hunting breeds since I moved here to the Outback years ago but I've always said I'd get another Rott in a heartbeat for family protection. I'd pay serious money to get one from a real good line; it would be money well spent, IMO.

(Having said all that, I like good Shepherds, too.)
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

well i have a hole pack. i have 7 dogs. lets see here. theres lexy the mountain curr/black n tan mix, dixie the mildly retarted boxer, kizzie the easily frightend black shephard, daisy the stubborn basset hound, harley the i dont know what, aggie the yellow lab, and shelby the cocker spaniel. all of my dogs are inside dogs too. so when people ring the damn doorbell it drives me nuts. lol. the oldes is about 3 and it goes on down to around 7 months old. and i go through almost 100 pounds of dog food a week. and i have to clean the back yard at least 1 time a day or it turns into a cow pasture. and i dont have to mow the back yard, i walk around with a weed eater cuz there is barley any grass. lol. we usually wake up the neighborhood around 6 am like clockwork. i wouldnt trade them for nothin though.
    "You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    well i have a hole pack. i have 7 dogs. lets see here. theres lexy the mountain curr/black n tan mix, dixie the mildly retarted boxer, kizzie the easily frightend black shephard, daisy the stubborn basset hound, harley the i dont know what, aggie the yellow lab, and shelby the cocker spaniel. all of my dogs are inside dogs too. so when people ring the damn doorbell it drives me nuts. lol. the oldes is about 3 and it goes on down to around 7 months old. and i go through almost 100 pounds of dog food a week. and i have to clean the back yard at least 1 time a day or it turns into a cow pasture. and i dont have to mow the back yard, i walk around with a weed eater cuz there is barley any grass. lol. we usually wake up the neighborhood around 6 am like clockwork. i wouldnt trade them for nothin though.
    Oh, man, I'm busting a gut!
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    One Rottweiler and one Border Terror oops... Terrier. Have had Rotties since '82. The BT is our first little dog. Very entertaining. A big dog in a little body.14lbs. of tenacious K9.
    Likes to lay on the back rest of the couch just like cats do. Right CW? Just like.
    CapGun, our "Precious" cat weighs 14 lbs. DH keeps calling her "A Big Girl". LOL
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    CapGun, our "Precious" cat weighs 14 lbs. DH keeps calling her "A Big Girl". LOL
    That is six pounds heaver than my dog. Of course she does not know she is small. Poms think they are Great Danes. You have to really watch them because their boldness can get them hurt.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    That is six pounds heaver than my dog. Of course she does not know she is small. Poms think they are Great Danes. You have to really watch them because their boldness can get them hurt.
    I was out for a walk one evening when the neighbor's TOY Pom ran up t the fence, stuck its head through the chain link fence (diamond-shaped hole) and began barking at me. One of the funniest things I'd ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    I was out for a walk one evening when the neighbor's TOY Pom ran up t the fence, stuck its head through the chain link fence (diamond-shaped hole) and began barking at me. One of the funniest things I'd ever seen.
    The littlest dogs have "great" self-esteem!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Ga9mm View Post
    2 Chihuahuas and 2 Pit Bulls. The Chichi's are my wife's. They aren't the most social animals I have ever encountered, either. The pits are rescues, and one of them is barely a year old. She's still got a lot of puppy in her, which makes her 50lbs seem like a ton. She's a lot of fun, though. They all keep me going day and night.
    Thanks for adopting the pitties. Sadly the breed is so misrepresented and reviled by all the misinformation out there.

Dog (and cat) people are good folks!

As for me, I've had dogs all my life, all rescues, and sized from a 4 lb. Yorkie (one of the two Yorkies I have right now, plus a Jack Russell/Westie mix) up to a 100+ lb. Chessie/Chow mix.

JJF, good luck with your new pup - Pointers are great dogs!
    NRA, GOA, USCCA, OFCC, BFA, USA Carry

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast