Dogs - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dogs

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    I was out for a walk one evening when the neighbor's TOY Pom ran up t the fence, stuck its head through the chain link fence (diamond-shaped hole) and began barking at me. One of the funniest things I'd ever seen.
    Now that is small.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Sorry to hear about Elwood, JJ. We have 2 - A chocolate lab named "Emily Pearl", who'll be 10 on December 7th, and a 2-year 0ld Maltese named "Doc" (wife's dog), who's built like a little fire plug and has a really great personality. I think, though, after Em leaves us, I'd probably replace her with a Rottie, Boxer or Pit...something that can provide my Lovely Bride with a higher level of personal protection if needed in my absence.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

For those of you that are cat lovers there was a house on the south side back in the 70's that had a lion in the yard. Sometimes when I would drive by it would be lying of the porch. I don't think the fence would have kept it in if it wanted out bad enough. I doubt they got to many solicitors. Not sure what ever happened to it. The city probably made them get rid of it.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    For those of you that are cat lovers there was a house on the south side back in the 70's that had a lion in the yard. Sometimes when I would drive by it would be lying of the porch. I don't think the fence would have kept it in if it wanted out bad enough. I doubt they got to many solicitors. Not sure what ever happened to it. The city probably made them get rid of it.
    HK, I only love the "small" cats. When "big" cats look at people, they see us lying on a plate with an apple in our mouth.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    HK, I only love the "small" cats. When "big" cats look at people, they see us lying on a plate with an apple in our mouth.
    What's a "small" cat? The only cat I ever owned was an orange tabby that I had in Jr. High and High School. I don't remember ever weighing him, but my hand is 4" across the knuckles and I could lay my hand between his ears, scratch the short hairs on his nose, and not move either of his ears. He wasn't a roly-poly kitty, either.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Oh, man, I'm busting a gut!
    the only downfall is trying to watch a movie and several of them get gas! it lingers in the room like a green rain cloud. oh man its horrible.
    "You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    I have some pictures of my niece out west with a neighbor's cats...
    I won't put the niece's most recent pictures here, but I can put the neighbor's web page with one of their cats on it... big cat rescue and placement wild animal rescue

Added a picture of Gypsy:
    Last edited by ricbak; 05-10-2010 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Added Pic link
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    Sorry to hear about Elwood, JJ. We have 2 - A chocolate lab named "Emily Pearl", who'll be 10 on December 7th, and a 2-year 0ld Maltese named "Doc" (wife's dog), who's built like a little fire plug and has a really great personality. I think, though, after Em leaves us, I'd probably replace her with a Rottie, Boxer or Pit...something that can provide my Lovely Bride with a higher level of personal protection if needed in my absence.
    Appreciate that, Ektarr. Man, I blubbered off and on for 3 days; those big soft brown eyes looking at me...My business partner (a woman) finally said something to the effect of "get over it" and "you weren't this bad when your Mom died" and I snarled that I didn't run over Mom with my pickup either. I'm a big softy, for babies and puppies anyway, so it was bit traumatic.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Appreciate that, Ektarr. Man, I blubbered off and on for 3 days; those big soft brown eyes looking at me...My business partner (a woman) finally said something to the effect of "get over it" and "you weren't this bad when your Mom died" and I snarled that I didn't run over Mom with my pickup either. I'm a big softy, for babies and puppies anyway, so it was bit traumatic.
    JJ before my daughter was married and still living at home we had to have her lab put down. She couldn't bring herself to be in there when the vet did it so I stayed with the lab. It broke my heart not only to watch that dog slip away but also to know that my little girls heart was breaking. Sense that time I have had to have my beloved king Charles and a stray dog that we rescued off the street also put down. It never gets any easier. In fact because of the heart break of having to go through that three times I said for a while I would not have another dog. But then this Pom found us. So yes I know where you are coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    JJ before my daughter was married and still living at home we had to have her lab put down. She couldn't bring herself to be in there when the vet did it so I stayed with the lab. It broke my heart not only to watch that dog slip away but also to know that my little girls heart was breaking. Sense that time I have had to have my beloved king Charles and a stray dog that we rescued off the street also put down. It never gets any easier. In fact because of the heart break of having to go through that three times I said for a while I would not have another dog. But then this Pom found us. So yes I know where you are coming from.
    man hk4u thats sad. never an easy thing to do. i like to think of myself as a hard ass, but when it comes to my animals its not an easy thing to take. seen many a man cry over the loss of a pet. i myself have shed a few tears over losing animals. nice to see that a loving pet found you and a good home!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast