Dogs - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dogs

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    One Rottweiler and one Border Terror oops... Terrier. Have had Rotties since '82. The BT is our first little dog. Very entertaining. A big dog in a little body.14lbs. of tenacious K9.
    Likes to lay on the back rest of the couch just like cats do. Right CW? Just like.
    Too funny CapGun - I know where you're coming from. I always say I have a Scottish Terror.

Had a wolf/sheppard mix when I first started dating my wife. Once we got married, she said no big dogs, She wanted a Scotty so we got one to keep her happy (aint love grand?)...on one condition. No way was some cutsie-pootsie yippie little dog riding in my truck.

I've since learned that Scotty's are BIG dogs that don't eat a lot. They're fearless and they sound about about 70 pounds heavier from the other side of the fence. We're on our third Scotty. I wouldn't have any other breed. And yes, they ride in my truck

wolfhunter Guest
    I wish I could have a dog....
    My wife says no big dogs, I can't stand the little ones.
    She thinks a Lab is a HUGE dog, I think they're kinda small.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    I wish I could have a dog....
    My wife says no big dogs, I can't stand the little ones.
    Dude, you're looking at it all wrong. Check out any of the terriers. Then think of them like a Kimber Ultra CDP or Springfield EMP. You know, full size gun in a concealable package

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCorps53 View Post
    Dude, you're looking at it all wrong. Check out any of the terriers. Then think of them like a Kimber Ultra CDP or Springfield EMP. You know, full size gun in a concealable package
    Sorry, let me clarify. I stepped on a terrier while it was pretending it was a real dog. Broke it's leg, Bone entered lung. Pretending dog died. I was NINE.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Sorry, let me clarify. I stepped on a terrier while it was pretending it was a real dog. Broke it's leg, Bone entered lung. Pretending dog died. I was NINE.
    I'm sorry to hear that wolfhunter. It's always tough to lose a pet. Worse yet when you're a kid. I meant no offense.

wolfhunter Guest
    I'm sorry to hear that wolfhunter. It's always tough to lose a pet. Worse yet when you're a kid. I meant no offense.
    Thanks. Wasn't my dog, but I still don't much care for little moving things around my feet.

We have a little dog too, a Wiener. She gets stepped on every now and again. Likes to hang out right by your feet. Drives me nuts. You trip on her, she yipes, you feel bad. And my wife wants a Chihuahua. I am not a fan of them for the same reason as the Wiener. Too little and to fragile. I have a Border Collie. I have had 3 of them in the past. All rescues. Our current Border was one I was arguing was not a Border until I looked it up. She is a Blonde (or Sable) Border.

Quote Originally Posted by brickler View Post
    We have a little dog too, a Wiener. She gets stepped on every now and again. Likes to hang out right by your feet. Drives me nuts. You trip on her, she yipes, you feel bad. And my wife wants a Chihuahua. I am not a fan of them for the same reason as the Wiener. Too little and to fragile. I have a Border Collie. I have had 3 of them in the past. All rescues. Our current Border was one I was arguing was not a Border until I looked it up. She is a Blonde (or Sable) Border.
    Our chihuahua is VERY adept at getting the heck out of the way. Now, the puppy, on the other hand, has caused me to stumble and fall twice in the week I've had him, to avoid stepping on his little ass. It's only gonna take one time, I suspect, since I weigh about 300 lbs, and he'll learn to get out of the way, too!
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

So you did it for love. Do they bark with that great Scottish accent?
    I definitely advise Dude to look into the Border Terrier. They even look like mutts but they aren't. It really is a big dog in disguise. You should have a fence though. They will go after anytghing from squirrels to bears!
    HardCorps, glad you are alive and well. Barry H O would have you .... HardCorpse dead! After all he did refer to the Corpse men twice. The press just ignored it. Imagine if Bush said that. For that matter if any non dem called them corpse men in stead of Corps men!

Our Dogs

We have a Black Lab and a large Retriever/Deer Hound in our home. The Lab thinks that he is the Alpha male in the entire neighborhood. He likes most people, just not many other dogs.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast