• 56 to 60

45 12.23%
  • 61 to 65

46 12.50%
  • 66+

43 11.68%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Curious what the age demographic is at USACarry

Okay, I turn 64 on the 13th. Last week Cabela's had their 1911s on sale so I went in to get a Ruger SR1911, but I was an hour late. They had 12 in stock when the sale started. Sadly I went home with a Remington 1911 R1, which I discovered is a fun pistol to shoot. The kid who sold me my 1911 said they would be getting in 22 SR1911s probably on Monday so I drove the 100 miles to Cabela's again Monday afternoon and was surprised, but pleased, to learn that the only one left was the display. Thank you, Jesus, for not allowing me to go home discouraged again. But now I have to figure out which one is my birthday present. Of course, if Mama finds out I bought two 1911s in less than a week I might not make it to 64.

Worst year would have to be 30. That's when the cow attacked me and took out my right knee. I hobbled around on it for another 30 years before I finally convinced my knee doctor to replace it. Now I need the left one replaced because I wore it out favoring the right one for those 30 years. Word to you young ones, take care of your body; you only have one and it needs to last you a lifetime. When you're under 40 you think you're invincible -- you aren't, trust me.

I voted in the 66+ group and somebody wondered why we carry, don't know about the rest of you but I'm to old and slow to out run anyone, or go bare knuckles with them, so I guess I carry in the hopes that if worse comes to worse I can pull and fire the gun with the hopes of scaring the crap out of them so I can make an escape. Now if you believe that I have some swamp land For Sale as prime real estate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan13 View Post
    I voted in the 66+ group and somebody wondered why we carry, don't know about the rest of you but I'm to old and slow to out run anyone, or go bare knuckles with them, so I guess I carry in the hopes that if worse comes to worse I can pull and fire the gun with the hopes of scaring the crap out of them so I can make an escape. Now if you believe that I have some swamp land For Sale as prime real estate.
    It's better than letting a couple of punks show you how vulnerable you are, especially if you're an old cripple like me. In the three months since that happened my pistol collection went from one to seven. While I will still back away from a similar situation, now I'll back away with my hand on a gun.

bo_leggs - don't rally know your conditions but arthritis has taken it's toll on me and I don't really want to shoot anyone but if it comes down to me or them I'm sure going to try and make it them.

I think this is an excellent question. There exists significant differences in opinions, not only generationally, but even just 5 years. The older folks are usually more conservative. Viewpoints are based less on emotionalism and more on historical substance. Older folks are usually more historically, literate. Sorry to make us shine so much - oh, here's a bone for those who feel slighted - older folks can't stay awake as long pontificating on these forums.

Copy that, same here.
    Quote Originally Posted by bo_leggs View Post
    It's better than letting a couple of punks show you how vulnerable you are, especially if you're an old cripple like me. In the three months since that happened my pistol collection went from one to seven. While I will still back away from a similar situation, now I'll back away with my hand on a gun.

Don't forget, older folks have lived life, where as younger people have just been read about it or saw a TV show. It's called experience, and it is the best teacher. When younger people read or see something on TV or "the net", they don't get to see the consequences of the action, most of the time. Being aware of others is part of maturity.

Age doesn't matter...old people got us into this mess...young people don't care to fix it.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Howdy,

I guess I've never posted in this thread so here goes mine:

I'm in the 50-50 age group and will be 51 in May.

Paul

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910