Man Killed After Dog Urinates on Neighbor's Lawn - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Man Killed After Dog Urinates on Neighbor's Lawn

Unfortunate confluence of events. Psychotic lawn-obsessed man meets inconsiderate pet owner. I guess if he was going to take somebody out sooner or later at least it wasn't wasted on a room full of schoolkids or some such trajedy.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Hey, 6SC, you need to instruct the neighbor with the coffee cup and bag on the finer points of picking up after your pooch. The people I see walking their dogs put a sandwhich bag over their hand and then if Fifi poops, why you just grab it with the "bag hand" and then turn it inside out. Voila! Poop in bag. Seems to work well from what I've seen altho it ain't for me...walking home with a bag of warm dog poo...then again, maybe that's where all those crap-filled baggies on my front porch are coming from!

And if it's like a Rott or something, you're gonna need a grocery bag on your hand!
    Well... Archie's dog is the one that died of old age. It figures... The one that craps on my lawn is still around Although he is getting old and does not come over very often now.

We live in a pretty private area with one road in and out of the circle. We get people that walk dogs coming through once in a while. I did yell out the window at someone I knew did not live close by last year. I yelled "And that will be going with you". They looked and gave me the yes nod holding up a bag.

It's just good manners the way I see it. Leaving it there to be stepped in or hit with the mower is wrong.

Speaking of puppy poo, How is the little guy doing?

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    Well... Archie's dog is the one that died of old age. It figures... The one that craps on my lawn is still around Although he is getting old and does not come over very often now.

We live in a pretty private area with one road in and out of the circle. We get people that walk dogs coming through once in a while. I did yell out the window at someone I knew did not live close by last year. I yelled "And that will be going with you". They looked and gave me the yes nod holding up a bag.

It's just good manners the way I see it. Leaving it there to be stepped in or hit with the mower is wrong.

Speaking of puppy poo, How is the little guy doing?

Peace...
    The little guy is cool, real cool. Got this attitude that nothing fazes him, he can handle whatever needs to be handled. I like that. He's 15 weeks old, have had him 2 weeks and he's starting to sit on command, come on command, retrieves the dummy and some old wings; I've fired my .45 around him and he's not gunshy. And he puts his nose to the grass when we walk the fields.

His only downside to date is he's a little thug. Torments the crapola out of the old Lab, whose too good natured to bust him. He did try the same act with my son's Brittaney who put the smack on him right quick. Didn't do any long term damage, that's for sure, cause he was right back at it before too long.

So, I have high hopes for him. It's a good distraction right now, too and keeps me on my toes, gotta train with him at least twice per day. Gotta like doing it (which I do).
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

. . . retrieves the dummy . . .
    Should I be on the lookout for your dog??
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    Should I be on the lookout for your dog??
    Uhh...No, he wrote dummy.. That's me.

Peace...

I had this vision of a puppy running up, grabbing me by the legbone and dragging me off to JJ's yard!
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

The little guy is cool, real cool. Got this attitude that nothing fazes him, he can handle whatever needs to be handled. I like that. He's 15 weeks old, have had him 2 weeks and he's starting to sit on command, come on command, retrieves the dummy and some old wings; I've fired my .45 around him and he's not gunshy. And he puts his nose to the grass when we walk the fields.

His only downside to date is he's a little thug. Torments the crapola out of the old Lab, whose too good natured to bust him. He did try the same act with my son's Brittaney who put the smack on him right quick. Didn't do any long term damage, that's for sure, cause he was right back at it before too long.

So, I have high hopes for him. It's a good distraction right now, too and keeps me on my toes, gotta train with him at least twice per day. Gotta like doing it (which I do).
    Yea sounds like a puppy... I saw the pictures and laughed. Hummm, wiskers kinda look the same

Some day when I have the time to be around more I'll get one. I had a Lab growing up and miss a dog. She was not good with the guns however. I took her with me once to the range and fired the 12GA while she was at my side. She was under the truck for the rest of the skeet round. She would get under a table and shake. I would know a thunder storm was on the way...

Not a good time now being home less. I told the wife and kids that it's not fair to them if they don't get the needed attention and time with us. Right now that would be the case.

Peace...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12