To lighten thins up some good music

Thread: To lighten thins up some good music

Smile To lighten thins up some good music

Thought I would lighten things up a little. For some of you older guys and gals like me a reminder of a time when there was real music to listen to. For the younger guys a chance to hear some real music. Those were the days. Listen to both songs., Dixie Fried and I'm Sorry, I'm Not Sorry. Oh to be young again. Do you remember?

YouTube - Carl Perkins - Dixie Fried - I'm Sorry, I'm Not Sorry
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Wish today's youngsters could have experienced the childhood we did. We were so incredibly privileged to grow up in the 40's and 50's. I really don't long to be young again...am very content with where I am today...but sure do enjoy the "walks down Memory Lane".
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Even in todays system this song still fits
    YouTube - Tennessee Ernie Ford Sings 16 Tons

Nothing better than good music to chill out with.

Thanks to all.

DJ58
    "Victory at all cost Victory in spite of all terror. Victory no matter how long and how hard the road may be; for without Victory there is no survival."
    (Winston Churchill)

Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    Even in todays system this song still fits
    YouTube - Tennessee Ernie Ford Sings 16 Tons[
    That's a classic and I really did enjoy watching/listening to the video, bigreb. Thanks for sharing it! Unfortunately, entertainers like that are hard to find anymore.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    That's a classic and I really did enjoy watching/listening to the video, bigreb. Thanks for sharing it! Unfortunately, entertainers like that are hard to find anymore.
    Pass the tissue because it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Thought I would lighten things up a little. For some of you older guys and gals like me a reminder of a time when there was real music to listen to. For the younger guys a chance to hear some real music. Those were the days. Listen to both songs., Dixie Fried and I'm Sorry, I'm Not Sorry. Oh to be young again. Do you remember?

YouTube - Carl Perkins - Dixie Fried - I'm Sorry, I'm Not Sorry
    hk4u, thanks. haven't heard carl perkins in years. brings back memories of marty robins and conway twitty of the late '50's !

Anybody see the movie or listen to the soundtrack from the movie "Oh, Brother Where Art Thou"? Great stuff.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Anybody see the movie or listen to the soundtrack from the movie "Oh, Brother Where Art Thou"? Great stuff.
    The Soggy Bottom Boys rule!!! Man of constant sorrow...

Killing floor blues...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by oldvet53 View Post
    hk4u, thanks. haven't heard carl perkins in years. brings back memories of marty robins and conway twitty of the late '50's !

Yes, I was a little shaver back in those days but I had two older half brothers that listened to the radio a lot and when we finally got a t.v. watched American Bandstand. I remember it when it was just a 30 min show in Philadelphia before it moved to LA. so the early years of Rock and Roll, Do Wop etc is still my favorite to this very day.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7