Daughter getting married - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Daughter getting married

Talking My gift at a recent wedding....

A good friend of mine got married last year. As he is originally from Ghana, he has had little experience with firearms. All of his shooting has been done with me. I bought a nice pump action 12 gauge so that they would have a decent home defense gun. You should have seen his eyes light up when they opened the box.

He is still in shock that he is the legal owner of a firearm. It is so sad to me that the (legal) immigrants to this country are often more appreciative, as well as outspoken, about the liberty that they enjoy here.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    A good friend of mine got married last year. As he is originally from Ghana, he has had little experience with firearms. All of his shooting has been done with me. I bought a nice pump action 12 gauge so that they would have a decent home defense gun. You should have seen his eyes light up when they opened the box.

He is still in shock that he is the legal owner of a firearm. It is so sad to me that the (legal) immigrants to this country are often more appreciative, as well as outspoken, about the liberty that they enjoy here.
    Now that is what I call a real present.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post

The LEGAL immigrants, who are always welcome in our country, are more appreciative and outspoken about the freedoms that they enjoy here because, unlike us, they had to work for their U. S. citizenship and, more likely than not, came from countries were individual freedoms were supressed. We, on the other hand, were born into our U. S. citizenship and, unfortunately, have taken our Constitutional freedoms for granted. Now we find ourselves having to fight our own government (at the voting booths, at Tea Parties and at the offices of our congressmen/women) in an attempt to be heard. Unfortunately, it is very apparent that Washington isn't listening...doesn't care what the majority of the citizenry want them to do. Don't know where the current political and economic atmosphere will ultimately take us but I don't have a good feeling about it!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Congrats to your little girl!!! And I think a firearm is a great wedding present!!

Thanks for all the well wishes folks. Will pass them onto her ASAP. We do have some very precious freedoms that were fought, bled for, and died for. Now it seems the torch may be passed to us to keep them.

7. As I listen to my little baby play on the living room floor... I absolutely hate to think about seeing her grown up and leaving. I pray that I get to enjoy every minute of her childhood.
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

Quote Originally Posted by kn1080 View Post
    As I listen to my little baby play on the living room floor... I absolutely hate to think about seeing her grown up and leaving. I pray that I get to enjoy every minute of her childhood.
    Don't Blink Kevin, You met my "Little Girls"...
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by kn1080 View Post
    As I listen to my little baby play on the living room floor... I absolutely hate to think about seeing her grown up and leaving. I pray that I get to enjoy every minute of her childhood.
    Cherish every moment, kn...the years fly by. But, when our kids grow up to make lives of their own, they give us grandchildren. I've learned that every decade of life holds a sweetness of its own!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Congratulations and best wishes to everyone!

A 9mm for a wedding gift? Outstanding!!
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

11. Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    Don't Blink Kevin, You met my "Little Girls"...
    Yes I did. They are an age where calling them beautiful would make you suspicious and my wife jealous. So, I will simply say... yes, yes I did.
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast